• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash Smart?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    Just like the protagonists in many different anime, they're naive and oblivious in the start. Then as the story progresses, they learn alot, changing the way they view/do things and usually gets more mature ( he did mature alot but they didn't make it apparent for obvious reasons).

And....being stubborn yet headstrong, always trying his best to protect his friends even if it means getting himself into danger. Also, they're incredibly reckless and do things without thinking of the consequences. But yet they have alot of willpower and determination.

Fits Ash's description eh? Ash isn't exactly smart but he always gets things done.

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
    Years
  • He is kinda dumb, because whenever Team rocket go in a disguise, he doesn't see through Them. I can see through them easily! Theyre all dumb when it comes to team rocket disguises, because they need their Pokedex to see through Meowths disguises.

oh and who's Paul?

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • I think Ash is a stereotypical kids anime show hero. He might not be the brightest bulb but apparently hes fun to watch

Xairmo

Years
  • All Im saying is Ash can be smart at times, and other times he can be a complete buffoon T_T
    Yet as a child it was fun to watch his adventures, even when he made dumb mistakes. It was fun laughing at him for being stupid and it was fun to watch him strive. Hes actually a pretty good anime role model for kids the more I think about it ._.
    And idk if its the fact that Im older or if the anime writers are getrting sloopy but ash seems to be a lot dumber

Xairmo

Years
  • I think it maybe a little bit of both. Cuz I think the people who once made the show were bought out and now theres different voice actors so I wouldnt be surprised if the writers are different. Though I did watch a few original episodes in a marathon a while ago and ash didnt seem that dumb. i think they may have made him dumber to add a little bit of comedy for the kids. And this kinda of comedy is interpreted by stupidity by more mature people I suppose

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • Ash is a great role model. And it's his flaws that make him so. No one is perfect. =3
    And he hasn't gotten dumber. He is the same old Ash. No able to recognize Team Rocket and all. He has actually grown in my opinion.

Marx

Banned
    Years
  • Is Ash Smart is like asking "Is Sky Purple?" lol
    He's not smart in battle tactics, he just has some weird repetitive luck cycle that has made the show rather boring to watch. :\

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    He is smart when under pressure in battles and such, but i don't think it's smart that he released some of his best pokemon (Charizard and Squirtle).

Years
  • I think it was Video 22 some episode when they go to a greenhouse(KANTO) and a girl shows them what Jessie and James' Hair is like and after about 7 seasons if Jessie has a beard on and when they get attacked Ash or Brock always asks "Who are You?" then the Motto Happens which i find really annoying now

Pikachu for some reason is a legend and when he starts a new region it's Like Pikachu is LEVEL 5 again and he always loses his first battle with a new rival for all pikachu has been threw it should be level 1,000,000(1 Million) he took down like a thousand Spearow in the first Ep and Pikachu can barely take down a Magikarp now so all i have to say is the writers have kind F@#*ed up the anime

Years
  • Geez, I hoped everyone covered their Ears for that Brutal Language.

I've got to say, when it comes to calling the Shots (Or the Quits), Ash is usually knowing what he's doing and that makes him Quite Smart.

And someone said that none in the Group are Smart (That is to say, Ash, Misty, and Brock).
    Well, Misty saw through Jessie's Disguise in the Episode with Tomaku (The 3-timer).

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • He is tacticle. Such as in battles, when he uses the environment, or plots out good combos. Overall, hes not "intelligent" but hes not stupid either.

Back