• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Gastrodon truly the ugliest Pokemon ever?

Years
    Gastrodon is just mediocre, I wouldn't really call it ugly. Maybe if it was like...a real Gastrodon, in which case it would be a giant slug thing crawling around, yeah it would be pretty ugly.

I'm gonna vote for Purugly...because of the reason stated above.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    According to my dictionary, "Ugly Pokemon" is defined as:1. A Crobat in PokemonXD and Colluseum. 2.A Blastiose in Pokemon Bat.Rev. 3.A word said by pokehaters that don't mean to define the above
    (Note: this word may be confused and defined as Gastrodon in D/P. Please avoid confusion)

So tecnicly, i dont think Gastrodon is ugly. for ugley, think crobat.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    You say it is ugly. You think it is ugly. I think the slug is just cool.

I am praticually in love with Gastrodon. The huge slug has grown on me and his made it self home on my Pearl Team. He isn't the best water type pokemon in the 4th generation because of his speed but I know I can count on him to take a few hits and it is just cool then it can also use Surf and ICe Beam to do lots of damage. Also he just looks cool too. Gastrodon isn't the prettest but it is sure one of the coolest to have.

Also there is a list of some ugly pokemon and really Gastrodon isn't on it.

Gastrodon ugly? Maybe a little. Gastrodon cool? Yes.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    You wanna see ugly? Look at a female Wobbuffet in D/P. That thing has LIPSTICK. I CRINGED in HORROR when I first saw that!! >.<

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Gastrodon = uber awesome pwnsome cool.
    Nosepass and Probopass = the ugliest thing in PKMN I have ever seen. They're rocks with noses people...ROCKS WITH NOSES!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I mean,look at the cute little ponytails they have!^////^
    >w< Don't you mean pigtails? xD

I honestly think Milotic is ugly. I don't know why, but if I had to compare, Gastrodon is cuter than Milotic to me.

And like Ichida said, female Wobbuffet wears lipstick. That's kind of creepy.

But when it comes down to it, I have to agree with Jake - Probopass is the ugliest, and kind of disgusting Pokemon yet to be made. It has a disgusting mustache. Even the female has a mustache!

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Gastrodon is adorable. :< Especially the blue ones. And that cute slurpy little noise it makes in its cry is just awesome. *huggles her Gastrodon* :3

I don't really think any Pokemon is that ugly. Some look strange, sure, but none of them are ugly enough to really bash. And some Pokemon's strangeness just makes them cool. Like Spiritomb. :D

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Gastrodon isn't ugly its cool....I mean Cool-looking, when I first saw it I was like "ZOMG a Cool New water Pokemon!" XD....but when I saw Luxray..I said "It's more cooler than that" Well I did not nreally said that but I think you got the point...
    Oh and the ugliest...is Magmortar...the Cannon for a hand is pretty cool though

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Dumb Question

I heard somebody on the first page talking about Gastrodon and Lapras. Do they have any relation?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    D;
    I love my adorable little sluggy pokemon thing... T_T; Honestly, I think Tangrowth is the ugliest pokemon. Or Probopass since he's pretty scary.
    No, I don't think they're related... One's a sea slug and the other is a plesiosaur. One has 6 little legs and the other has 4.

Years
    I'm going with Giratina. That's a horrible wake-up call. I think Gastrodon is bizarrely cute. Or my standards are just that out of whack. Heh.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Gastrodon = uber awesome pwnsome cool.
    Nosepass and Probopass = the ugliest thing in PKMN I have ever seen. They're rocks with noses people...ROCKS WITH NOSES!

Nosepass and Probopass look like the Easter Island heads. I agree with you on Gatrodon, he's tight and has pretty good moves. (The only disadvantage is his grass weakness and his hidden power is ground. I got rid of mud bomb for recover though). Magmortar, Purugly, and the Skunk family (their faces looks like buttocks for Pete's Sake!) are the ugliest of them all.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Nosepass and Probopass look like the Easter Island heads. I agree with you on Gatrodon, he's tight and has pretty good moves. (The only disadvantage is his grass weakness and his hidden power is ground. I got rid of mud bomb for recover though). Magmortar, Purugly, and the Skunk family (their faces looks like buttocks for Pete's Sake!) are the ugliest of them all.

Nosepass and Probopass are pretty ugly, but Im still glad that they brought back an evoltion for Nosepass. I think they are pretty cool, even if they are ugly. Same as for all Pokemon..

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    It's name might be a bit disturbing, but I wouldn't call it ugly at all. Itself, and it's pre-evolved form Shellios are pretty cute, and beautiful. (expecaly the east-Sinnoh varitey)

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I believe Purugly is the ugliest pokemon ever. Hence the name. Other than that, Exeggutor does make it there, especially with this Pokemon Green Sprite

Is Gastrodon truly the ugliest Pokemon ever?
    Shot at 2007-07-12

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    well all the green version pokemon except mewtwo are ugly

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Rrrrrrrr... Gastrodon is not the ugliest Pokemon! How can someone insult a cute and little slug? It's cry is lovely! ... Gastrodon is the best Pokemon ever.

-still can't beleive that the majority is against Gastrodon-

Last edited:
    Back