• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is gen 6 the end

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Probably not. I don't see it ending unless either GameFreak runs out of ideas, or the game quality sharply declines somehow, or people manage to get burnt out off of it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
Short answer no.
As for run out of ideas, again no, as for good ideas, again no. Unlike alot of people I really liked most of the designs in Gen 5

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
If it was the end, they would have made a big deal about it when it was first released.

It would be:
"X and Y...the final chapter in the epic Pokémon saga!!"

Not:
"X and Y coming in October!" 5 months later: "Oh by the way these are the last games."

And if there's a third game or remakes or sequels or prequels or anything else in gen 6, I still won't think it's the end. There is no reason to end something that is so commercially and critically successful.

It's also the turning point in the art style, and the first time we're seeing international releases. It promises big change, so it would be awkward to end it at gen 6.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I imagine that DECADES FROM NOW, our children will be playing Pokemon games that contain more than five thousand of those little buggers. More Pokemon will be known than there is cells in the human brain.
But then I remember that it's only a video game and it will one day end. But not soon, that I assure you. If Mario can go for Twenty-Five years and Kirby for Twenty you can bet that Pokemon can meet that record.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
It's obvious it's about money but its also about status pikachu is already recognized with the likes of scooby Doo and bugs Bunny in cartoon legend even if they stop making new pokemon they would just make episodes with the ones we already have believe it or not our children might know about pokemon and they would be some many gens away they'll laugh at us for using pokemon like my raichu and Charizard because they'll be too out dated

Back