• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it illegal to watch episodes online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
Years
  • I think it's illegal to UPLOAD episodes online. I don't think there's anything wrong with simply watching them online. Although, be careful about downloading, because if you download often the authorities will assume you're intending to upload as well. At least, that's what I heard.

Torterrax

Is loving Torterra... <3
    Years
  • I don't think it's illeagal... xD Well, if you just watch the episodes, don't upload them, and don't download them... you're not doing anything wrong. If it's a episode that has been aired on tv, it's definatly leagal, because how is that any different than watching it on telivision? But if it's a movie that never aired on tv, and only came out at the movies or on dvd, I'm not sure if that's illeagle... Well, it doesn't matter, because I don't think it makes a difference if you watch Pokemon Episodes online or on tv.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    you're not doing anything wrong. If it's a episode that has been aired on tv, it's definatly leagal, because how is that any different than watching it on telivision? But if it's a movie that never aired on tv, and only came out at the movies or on dvd, I'm not sure if that's illeagle... Well, it doesn't matter, because I don't think it makes a difference if you watch Pokemon Episodes online or on tv.

I don't know about US, but in Sweden we have to pay if we have a TV.. :/

And no, it's not illegal to only watch, if you download, then you're doing something illegal. So you can 'freely' watch episodes online.

Also; if I'm wrong, you wont get caught anyways, if the police are going to 'take someone in', they'd probably take the uploader, rather than viewers.

BusterTheFox

Pokemon Intruder
    Years
  • If it was illegal, would the official pokemon website have episodes online!? They add new episodes from the Indigo League every day so far as I have seen. Anyway, you can watch it there, probably in rather high quality...

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Watching online differs from county-to-country depending on TV licenses, pay-TV, etc so it's often a gray area, but it is illegal to distribute and broadcast it without purchasing the rights to do so.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I always do :) The police never knock on my door ;)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Technically, yeah, it's illegal to watch it since you're not paying for it. But no one's going to do anything about it if you're just watching it, seriously. Even if you're downloading/uploading loads onto torrent sites, there's a chance, but they don't usually do anything. It's music they seem to go crazy over.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • Technically, yeah, it's illegal to watch it since you're not paying for it. But no one's going to do anything about it if you're just watching it, seriously. Even if you're downloading/uploading loads onto torrent sites, there's a chance, but they don't usually do anything. It's music they seem to go crazy over.
    so i can stop worrying and watch one or two?

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    It's not illegal when you're watching at official websites like Pokemon.com and Cartoon Network site. Other sites like YouTube and so on have illegal materials.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I never thought watching Pokemon episodes online was Illegal, I watch Pokemon episodes online all the time now and
    not on TV because they never show the new ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back