• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it just me or are the new pokemon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Dont get me wrong, Pokemon is awesome but am i the only one who feels like the more they make, the worse they make them. Its like they fired the guys who created the first 150 (which rocked) and replaced them with a bunch of 5 year olds on blotter acid. This comic im attaching really hits it on the head. What do you guys think?

View attachment 43019

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I think you where dropped on your head at birth, yeah some of the new Pokemon are horrible (Probopass is the best example) but there where some just as bad in the first gen (Tangela, is the first one i can think off), and there are some awesome one's in the new gen, (Infernape, Luxray, Electrivire), don't judge it just because there where a few bad ones it's happend in every gen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Given, some of the original 150 are pretty bad. But with each new generation the cool factor drops about another 50%. Out of all the Pokemon you can think of, almost all the good ones are first or second gen. All im saying is that they are totally losing it. I mean at the beginning of the game when you pick your first Pokemon, those are supposed to be some of the coolest ones but they have just completely circleing the drain. Its like the third matrix movie.

Rinusu

Not that important..
    Years
    I think all 493 pokemons are perfect... except for rhyperiors eyebrow...
    otherwise.. they all have that ''______ pokemon'' thiny..
    And they are creating like a pokemon for every kind of animal...
    anyways... all 493 pokemons are good...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Hey, they are doing pretty good considering its the 4th Gen of pokemon! I'd like to see you make 150 Pokemon A year, that haven't already been made!

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    They just aren't creative anymore most of the time, its like they have a random thought generator and aren't trying to make them actually good in design. Also whats with making the Pokemon completely sentient? I mean if they are intelligent enough to talk and stuff isant it kinda wrong to own them and stuff... almost like a slave? I mean the first pokemon were more like animals.

Hey, they are doing pretty good considering its the 4th Gen of pokemon! I'd like to see you make 150 Pokemon A year, that haven't already been made!

a year? hardly. red and blue came out in 1998 so its been 10 years. Also actually 1996 if you count the Japanese version, seeing as how the Pokemon were already created then.

Last edited:

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Yeah.. Dont you know? Half the members at PC are only here because we like the community... Pokemon has gone down after Johto and the Electric Porygon episode ;_;

They've turned into Robotic Monsters XD

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I agree. Look at how awesome Charizard and Blastoise are, and then look at fat Empoleon and anorexic Infernape. :&

I think you where dropped on your head at birth, yeah some of the new Pokemon are horrible (Probopass is the best example) but there where some just as bad in the first gen (Tangela, is the first one i can think off), and there are some awesome one's in the new gen, (Infernape, Luxray, Electrivire), don't judge it just because there where a few bad ones it's happend in every gen.
    Tangela doesn't even come close to the horrible monstrousity known as Probopass. It's cool-looking. 8D

By the way, Luxray is terrible. Its head is too big, and it looks bad all around. Plus, its Attack stats are all it has going for it in battle. Its Ability is crippling and it's just a flawed Pokemon all around.

Yeah, there are a few cool Pokemon in DP, but their names aren't Infernape, Luxray, or Electivire.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    First and second gen were my favorites. The ones afterwards are alright, but they don't stack up to Kanto and Johto to me. (But that's just because those ones are my personal fave.)

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I'm just grateful that the fourth generation isn't as abysmally unappealing as the third. They made a great improvement in regard to pokemon design and concept. The third generation remains my least favourite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back