• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
Years
  • I know what you mean. I heard some rumor where if you hold the A button at the right time, the catch becomes 100%. I know now that it's fake but sometimes, I'll still find myself holding the button.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • You know i haven't really noticed that i've pressed A a lot so i think it gives you luck but its sure helped when i was catching the legendaries.

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
  • some one told me it helps but wat helps for me is to look away :) i never looke at the pokemon i am trying to get i dont know why but i do

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • Deano you doubled posted........but you must of lagged so i dont balme you
    back to the topic......i think holding A works ive done it ever since i started playing pokemon.

NitroZ3R0

Kanto's Hero
    Years
  • I always held the A button really hard when catching pokemon especially when I played the older games.
    Nowdays Ive broken the habit but I do sometimes do a combination of holding A just as the pokeball closes on the pokemon and then holding down as the ball hits the ground.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It sounds hard to believe that pressing the A-button repeatedly actually heightens the chances of you catching a pokemon. I am not sure if I believe it or not, but I always will find myself repeatedly tapping the A-button whenever I attempt to capture a legendary. After numerous times of experimenting, I truly find it hard to believe that pressing the A-button does not increase the chances of capture. A friend told me once that tapping the button in the PokeBall on your TouchScreen functions like the A-button does upon capture. I don't hold the button down, but I repeatedly tap the button, along with the TouchScreen's PokeBall. I personally think it works.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
  • It sounds hard to believe that pressing the A-button repeatedly actually heightens the chances of you catching a pokemon. I am not sure if I believe it or not, but I always will find myself repeatedly tapping the A-button whenever I attempt to capture a legendary. After numerous times of experimenting, I truly find it hard to believe that pressing the A-button does not increase the chances of capture. A friend told me once that tapping the button in the PokeBall on your TouchScreen functions like the A-button does upon capture. I don't hold the button down, but I repeatedly tap the button, along with the TouchScreen's PokeBall. I personally think it works.

my friend dose that..he takes his ds stick and starts taping the bottom screen i tried but it dosent help me "or so my mind think"

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • For some reason, I find that if my DS is in my hands, I can't catch the Pokemon. So I'll put it down on a desk or something as soon as I throw a Pokeball.

I've also heard that if you whisper/mutter "Gotcha!" into the mic on the DS at a certain time, the catch rate increases by some 75% or so. Probably just a rumor, though. -.-

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I only hold down the buttons if one of my Pokemon's move has low accuracy. But for catching rare legendaries, I just spin the Pokeball in the touch screen. Yeah I know it sounds retarded by my brother and I tried it and it works nearly every time.... oO;;

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I've also heard that if you whisper/mutter "Gotcha!" into the mic on the DS at a certain time, the catch rate increases by some 75% or so. Probably just a rumor, though. -.-
    LoL I doubt that xD Probably just a joke or something...

Um... I press different buttons, sometimes holding A, down, up, sideways, and other buttons and sometimes I hold both B and A. It never works. But I end up doing it anyway >_>

Heh, it's a habit.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    People always think up brand new rituals. None of which work by the way. I've found tapping A and B alternately like a crazy fool works best for me ;)

Back