• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    every time i try to catch a pokemon i hold on the A kinda hard, not to hard for the the A button to go in. Dose anyone else do this?

No. Some people have their own little rituals that they think will make them catch a Pokemon more easily, but I wouldn't believe any of them. Nintendo and GameFreak wouldn't do something like that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Doesn't work for me.

My cousin claims it works, and my brother tries to go along with it...but it doesn't work for him, either. So he quit doing that.

However, I find it helpful for catching Shadow Pokemon if you do a little dance while singing. I'm not kidding. :D It works for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    lol i might try that for enjoyment

The dance thing? xD My brother thought I had to pee when he first saw that. But hey, I got five out of six on Greevil's Pokemon the first try. Must work. ;D

Oh, a vice versa to the A button trick, when I press it, it lets them out. Quite useful if you accidently throw a PokeBall at Oddish in the Safari Zone.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    It sounds hard to believe that pressing the A-button repeatedly actually heightens the chances of you catching a pokemon. I am not sure if I believe it or not, but I always will find myself repeatedly tapping the A-button whenever I attempt to capture a legendary. After numerous times of experimenting, I truly find it hard to believe that pressing the A-button does not increase the chances of capture. A friend told me once that tapping the button in the PokeBall on your TouchScreen functions like the A-button does upon capture. I don't hold the button down, but I repeatedly tap the button, along with the TouchScreen's PokeBall. I personally think it works.

ive acually heard of osme people clicking the A button continously i used to do that acaully thne i changed the habit

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It's a curious rumour that I believe started with holding B and down. I've even spent the effort to see the effect of the select button on catch chance.

I don't think it works at all, it's probably just a false thing started by mass E-mail, like that 9/11 hoax.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    I've never really believed in all those rumors. Nor do I believe in the word luck, I prefer to call it 'Chance'. So I just sit and watch when I attempt at catching a pokemon.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I thought it only worked for the RBY versions. I thought they removed that from the new ones.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
    I've never really believed in all those rumors. Nor do I believe in the word luck, I prefer to call it 'Chance'. So I just sit and watch when I attempt at catching a pokemon.

yea but isnt there a part of you that if you do something crazy with the game it will catch it. it most likely isnt true but i would like to think that. even if i dont think that, i still find myself doing becaue ive been doing since r/b/y. so its a force of habit for me mainly

The_G'

Can I Has Some Friez?
    Years
    My friend belives that thing , I thought it was stupid but when I cant catch Rayquaza , I pressed the A button repeatedly and I caught it , thats when I started pressing it. (I'm stupid arent I ?)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I remember way back with Red and Blue that I heard from someone that holding up + A increased catching ability and also gave a higher critical hit ratio. I knew it wasn't true but I always did it anyway, and still do, though now it's gotten to where I just hold A.

It's funny how a silly rumor so easily becomes a habit even if it's clearly no more than a rumor.

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
    Years
    I hold down A+B and move the Dpad over depending which way the pokeball goes.
    its works for me 90% of the time =]

Back