• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it just me....?

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    Is it just me, or does HG and SS not make you want to evolve some of your pokemon?

when i played gold way back when. i play thru with out Evolving my team. i had the team Ash had in the show and it was hard has heck! cynidquil, totodial, bayleef, noctowl, pikachu, and a heracross. i don't know how i beat the E4 like that twice! my pokes did have flamethrower, and hydro pump and all those moves at low levels so that helped but it was still hard!

but this game makes me want to do that again but with diffrent pokemon. it feels like im suppose to do that. cuz of how the pokemon follows you. it just seems odd if i where to have a huge or some big final stage pokemon following me... IMO

i just want to know if other people think the same way or will try it out. i know i am doing it again.

Years
    Really? Interesting. I played all the games except s/g/c, and really the closest to that were some hackroms for it...

:P

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    I sometimes think about holding evolution just later. Sometimes I just like lower stage Pokemon more, but I usually end up evolving them anyways.

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    Is it just me, or does HG and SS not make you want to evolve some of your pokemon?

when i played gold way back when. i play thru with out Evolving my team. i had the team Ash had in the show and it was hard has heck! cynidquil, totodial, bayleef, noctowl, pikachu, and a heracross. i don't know how i beat the E4 like that twice! my pokes did have flamethrower, and hydro pump and all those moves at low levels so that helped but it was still hard!

but this game makes me want to do that again but with diffrent pokemon. it feels like im suppose to do that. cuz of how the pokemon follows you. it just seems odd if i where to have a huge or some big final stage pokemon following me... IMO

i just want to know if other people think the same way or will try it out. i know i am doing it again.

That is so true, i think i'm gonna do like ash and have Pikachu following me.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    My team has a level 100 Croconaw, Haunter, and Kadabra. I just like them better unevolved, I think.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Looking back at my team, I wouldn't say it is the game itself that makes me want to keep some of my Pokémon at their lower stages in evolution, but the fact I just want to enjoy it with more of a challenge. I can say my team won't be the same as before, there have been changes since the second generation games, and it plays effect into how I want to complete the game this time around. Regardless of evolution, I'm in it for the fun of it more than anything else.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    You got some guts taking on the E4 like that.
    But, I sometimes catch a Pokemon that I want to keep in its original state, and catch the same one, and evolve it to it's higher state, and kick the E4 butts.
    That's just me.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    All the time I evolve most of my Pokemon . I don't care , I feel alright with them in the last stage and plus it adds up to the PkmnDex . And I'm obsessed over completing it !

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    I enjoy evolving my pokemon--even if I sometimes put it off to get a move earlier on, there's a rightness to having the cute little starter get all big and monster-y. Well, depends on the starter I guess, I don't find Typhlosion that imposing, but you see what I mean.

However, maybe when I get the game I'll keep a pokemon on my team that just never gets too big, hehe. I like the idea of tiny packages of oomph, too. The problem with not evolving is that those are tiny packages without that much oomph :(

Years
    I never evolve my Pikachu. :3

Some Pokemon I just don't feel like evolving. I partcipated in a master rank super contest with a level 40ish Staryu, and replayed Emerald with a Marshtomp. I plan on sending Pokemon like Zolbeat, Torkoal, and Zangoose to HGSS and playing through with them.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I don't evolve my Pokemon unless I like the evolution. Come to think of it, none of the Pokemon on my team are evolved (Lickitung, Porygon, Kecleon, Tropius, Chatot. And I'm in search of a Tangela, who I most likely won't evolve.) I already beat the E4 and don't compete competetivly, so I have no reason to use anything other than the Pokemon I like.
    If I lived in the Pokemon world I would very rarely use my Pokemon for battling, so it just feels right.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    Interesting idea, but no thanks for me. IDK, it would seem odd to have a Pikachu following you around in the Hall of Fame?
    yo dude no pokemon follows u in the Hall of Fame lol.anyways i really enjoy taking evolutions coz they became strong and i like the follow me feature sooooooo much.I love it when my lvl100 arceus follows me around but it doesnt when i go in to a house:(

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    I don't evolve my Pokemon unless I like the evolution. Come to think of it, none of the Pokemon on my team are evolved (Lickitung, Porygon, Kecleon, Tropius, Chatot. And I'm in search of a Tangela, who I most likely won't evolve.) I already beat the E4 and don't compete competetivly, so I have no reason to use anything other than the Pokemon I like.
    If I lived in the Pokemon world I would very rarely use my Pokemon for battling, so it just feels right.

yeah i enjoy battling but i enjoy my team of favorites.
    i hate those kids that only play the game and get a team of ubers.
    its not original at all you know? teams like yours i like.

wow i really never heard of anyone doing that

what really? im surprised. you should try it you self for fun. its really tough and it test your skills as a trainer.

Last edited:

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Yup!I don't want to evolve some because they're sprites are cool & the starters' sprites r so cute.so its a hard choice to make

Back