• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it just me?

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    Yea, 3rd Gen was a lot better! More stuff to do, less legendarys, and a decent storyline ect.

Gen 4 just... SUCKED! (Besides HG/SS...That's going to be AWESOME!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    the story gets worse for each generations they go up its hard to get new ideas so i gues yes

Years
    I'm gonna be different and say I liked Gen IV a lot more than Gen III. It felt like a return to form for me with the return of day/night, better Pokemon designs (yes Bidoof is a piece of trash but at least it's a useful HM slave unlike filler Pokemon like Luvdisc) more interesting landscape although Gen III may have had a better plot.

That being said Soul Silver will thrash every other Pokemon game in existance so far.

Ayselipera

I like the 3rd generation a lot more then the fourth. I found Sinnoh to be really boring and a lot of the Pokemon from that generation annoy me. I really don't have many complaints about the third generation besides the fact that there was too much water.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    4th Gen - Lame and boring , R-E-P-E-T-I-T-I-V-E , ugly Pokemon .
    3rd Gen - OK Pokemon , 35% of Pokemon Gamers played this first so they had sweet memories (like me !)
    2nd Gen - awesome , 2 regions , RED @
    1st Gen - The original, so flawlessly perfect !

This shall be it ! My neighbor grew up with 1st Gen , so we always argue ! :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    1st - OH MY GOD!!!!1 HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THESE GAMES!!!!!!1 I STILL PLAY THEM!!!!!1 :D

2nd - OH MY GOD!!!!1 THESE GAMES ARE AWESOME!!!!!!11 To bad my games stopped playing, but since I've got my R4 I've been able to play them. :D

3rd - These Pokemon seem to be cheap rip-offs of Generation 1 and 2 Pokemon. I liked the storyline though! (This was also the generation when Ken got some "help" making new Pokemon.) :(

4th - These Pokemon I liked more than 3rd Generation for some reason. I liked the storyline too. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    Honestly, I didn't like either of them.
    but, in my opinion, 4th gen was better

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's just you.
    Platinum had the most badass and smartest leader.
    Platinum wins by default.

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I actually skipped the 3rd gen so until they come out with FlameRuby and WetSapphire or some other silliness, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I did enjoy 4th gen quite a bit, however, but can't wait to play Gold "again". I will give you this though: I cannot bring myself to remember any of the locations in Platinum at all, so I do believe that makes gen 2 better in my mind.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Personally, I find Gen III to be the weakest Pokemon Gen (Still enjoy it, though). I have two large problems with R/S/E:
    1. There's next to nothing to do after beating the Elite Four. Gen II let you go through a second region, and that was on an 8-bit game. R/S were 16-bit, and yet here's all the post-game in them:
    -S.S. Tidal
    -Battle Tower
    -Latios/Latias
    -Raquaza
    Emerald did rectify this a fair bit, but the post-game still felt lacking in my opinion
    2. Too much water. Literally half of the routes in Hoenn are water routes, which I find to be a bit rediculous. I like the parts on land, but the water routes get so repetitive so quickly, especially when a lot of those trainers on the water routes have the same Pokemon.

FireRed and LeafGreen were good in my opinion, but I don't think they had enough changes from the original games.

I really like Gen IV, however. D/P/Pt are my third favorite group of games (G/S/C, then R/B/Y, then D/P/Pt, then R/S/E), and I find them to be a large step above R/S/E. Sinnoh felt very large and diverse to me. There were few water routes, there were a lot of designs I enjoyed, there was a lot of Post-Elite Four content, and there was Cyrus, who I quite liked (although Team Galactic as a whole was a bit odd).

And don't get me started about how amazing I think HG/SS have turned out. :P

Years
    I like 2nd Generation because the story line better than any other game and you can go jhoto to konto.
    Although I have not play any of ds pokemon. But I think Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver {I live Lugia more than Ho-oH} also good. I want to play those. I will play them soon but now my Exam is near. So I have to wait a Little longer. Also I don't have my personal PC. I use my Uncel's PC. But I will Have a new PC after my Exam.{2-3 month}.
    And any one know what Emulitor is Good for DS. I want to play Platinum And Soul Silve. Please reply any one.

Back