• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it me or New pokemons are getting less creative??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    But then again....Victini?

That pidgeon? (incidentally, way more pidgeon-like than Pidgey - an example of the improvements between GB and DSi/3DS)

Some are still simple...such as the starters' original forms.

Overall, yes, they're more complex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    On the topic of Gen5 Pokemon being "remakes" of old ones, I didn't really think so when I saw them all. Ignoring the typical Pokemon that occur once every gen anyways (early-game birds, Pikachu-clones, etc), of course. The thing about Gen5 is that the designers intentionally decided to forget about the previously "used" designs. Isshu is far from the other regions, and has little relation to any of them. Thus some of the "already used" animals and ideas could be used again. The new mole Pokemon are not Diglett clones; they merely happen to also be based on moles. Firemonkey isn't a Chimchar clone; it merely happens to be a Fire-Type monkey. I honestly don't think the designers were sitting around going HEY LET'S MAKE ANOTHER TAUROS or anything.

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
  • Well maybe you're getting the wrong vibes off them? :P

I'm sure the way gamefreak see them, the clothes suit perfectly.

Perhaps, but you're still entitled to my opinion about not liking them :laugh: (though the majority of them I like. I think the only one I can actually say I hate, because it looks so ugly it's not even funny, is the garbage pokemon).

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • People forget that each generation of Pokemon is coming from a completely different region.
    Of course they're going to be drastically similar or drastically different.

Fact of the matter is.
    You can't say they're run out of ideas.
    Charmander is a lizard with fire. He's a salamander. His name consists of Char and mander, as in charcoal or to char something and mander from salamander.
    What the hell is bulbasaur? He sure ain't anything I've ever seen to be honest.
    And squirtle. He's a turtle. A turtle that swims on water and uses water.

I've been with Pokemon since the beginning but every generation we get these threads saying that the new generation sucks, or that the developers are running out of ideas or that they won't buy the games because the Pokemon look stupid.

Some people are just not willing to accept something new.
    I mean, have you SEEN Sonic's fanbase? Sega gave them a game they've asked for for years and now they've completely bashed it. It's a good game.

Newer Generations of Pokemon aren't lacking in ideas or creativity, they're JUST DIFFERENT. Simple as.
    After all. One cat isn't the same as another cat.
    Each generation has a different type or style or a certain idea such as Bird, Dog, Cat Pokemon and the Starters.
    But it still follows logic, it's a different region so it's going to have different variations of animals and completely different myths than the next region.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Because they're everywhere.
    (Up until gen V)
    I was talking about the designs, not how often they appear in the wild.

Yes, because some mutant cat thing is SO much better than a Pokémon that gives you nightmares. (sarcasm)
    Please take off your nostalgia goggles and not buy any new Pokémon games.
    Really, is that all you Sinnoh fangirls can say? "Take off your nostalgia goggles hurr durr". Mewtwo is a badass ****ed up science experiment with insane psychic powers. When you bring up nightmares, I'm assuming you're referring to "Darkrai", the most overrated Sinnoh fangirl piss off legendary in all of Pokeworld. "OMG DARKRAI SO COOL!!!!111", dude, there's nothing special about him, just some ghost queer that they decided to call a legendary because after Gen 2 GameFreak decided to make 9000 legendaries for each game.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I was talking about the designs, not how often they appear in the wild.

Really, is that all you Sinnoh fangirls can say? "Take off your nostalgia goggles hurr durr". Mewtwo is a badass ****

Oh look, unprovoked sexism just because I posted my opinion.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Really, is that all you Sinnoh fangirls can say? "Take off your nostalgia goggles hurr durr". Mewtwo is a badass ****ed up science experiment with insane psychic powers. When you bring up nightmares, I'm assuming you're referring to "Darkrai", the most overrated Sinnoh fangirl piss off legendary in all of Pokeworld. "OMG DARKRAI SO COOL!!!!111", dude, there's nothing special about him, just some ghost queer that they decided to call a legendary because after Gen 2 GameFreak decided to make 9000 legendaries for each game.

My, what a shining beacon of eloquent debate we have here. I feel my brain cannot comprehend the massive amounts of logical and objective arguments present herein. :/

Darkrai isn't any more or less creative than any other legendary. It's an adaptation of certain real-world myths...most likely the idea of a Bogeyman or its Japanese equivalent (whose name escapes me at the moment) with impressive stats and a nearly-broken signature attack. Yes, you're allowed to think that Mewtwo is and always will be the god of the Pokemon universe, but is it so hard to accept that people actually like pokemon from GenIII onward? At this rate, you're not really helping your side of the debate, just making GenI purists look like some kind of bigoted bully. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well guys, since we can't keep a civil conversation going in this thread, you can all kiss it goodbye. Someone feel free to make a new one when we can be good boys and girls.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back