• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is it possible to apply Shedinja's 1 max HP modifier to another Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2023
    From the little bit of searching I've done, it seems like Shedinja's 1 max HP modifier is a tricky thing to work with, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to give this trait to another Pokémon along with Shedinja. I'm working in Fire Red specifically, and don't have a lot of experience with hex editing, but I assume if it is possible it would be by hex editing something.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Giving this to multiple pokemon would be tricky in binary. The vanilla code is a literal check for species == Shedinja. You can change that to check for a different species easily, but to make it check for two species would increase the length of the function, which is not fun to deal with in binary. I would recommend looking into a c-injection if you must use binary for this

Back