• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Is it possible to insert new OW and Palettes in Fire Red...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Is it possible to insert new OW and Palettes in Fire Red without replacing any existing overworlds and palettes?

I want to insert around 70 OWs with unique palettes...

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: The new tool, OWM by Kimonas with the use of Navenatox's patch for FR make things possible and easier...

Last edited:
    Years
    yeah, you just have to reposition the ow/palette table to a free space and repoint any pointers to the new location of the tables. Then add new ow/palettes and entries to the tables and have them point to the new ow/palettes.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
    there is a limit of how many palettes you can show at once, so be careful about it.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    You just need a hex editor, I've done this myself and I'd write a tutorial if it weren't for the fact that some of the palettes I've added glitch and I've yet to find a solution as to why.

Check this earlier thread of mine and you'll know what I mean by glitch https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355206

I'm not yet familiar with hex editing that much but still, thanks!

The limit depends on the number of palette slots available right? so from 0 to F

What is that palette slots?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    If that's the case then there's a small chance that the OWs can run smoothly if I put it in a way where one of them and about 3 at max (including the player) OWs will show up at the screen?

And by the way, what tools can I use to insert the OWs and palettes aside from a hex editor for repointing? Does NSE work?

I;m very sorry if I ask too much...

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    If that's the case then there's a small chance that the OWs can run smoothly if I put it in a way where one of them and about 3 at max (including the player) OWs will show up at the screen?

And by the way, what tools can I use to insert the OWs and palettes aside from a hex editor for repointing? Does NSE work?

Try overworld editor rebirth, worked for me.

Years

NSE Classic has always worked wonders for inserting OWs and palettes (by that I mean replacing existing ones with your own and not adding new ones).

Back