• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Is it possible to replace music themes in a DS rom?

Years
  • Hi all! I am new in this section mainly because I am not too much into roms and stuff. I haven't done anything at all on a rom. Some of you may know I replaced the sprite of the main character in a Pokémon Diamond rom, but it's nothing at all indeed.
    Anyway, I was just curious to know if it's possible to replace music themes in a nds pokemon game like pokemon diamond, with the music I want. Not sure I will actually do that after, but in general I am just very interested about that.

Years
  • EDIT: I found a tutorial, this one here.

This is what I experienced:

I want to change several songs in pokemon platinum. While it crashed at first, I realized that there are two .sdat files in the ROM and the song must be replaced in both places. The game started to work and the song I wanted started playing but it sounded distorted. It was only some drum beats or something similar, despite the song I chose had none (I selected violins and orchestra). It did sound great on mixcraft, while on anvil studio everything was converted to pianos (idky). I didn't care and went ahead with the process, but in the end I got the right song, but with a distorted sound. I am pretty sure I followed all the steps. I might have messed up with the soundfont, because that seems to be a good explanation to the kind of problem I have, but honestly I am not really sure, since I think I have done everything well.

For reference,

Last edited:
    Back