• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it wierd to have a crush on a Pokemon Character?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Well, just what is says on the title XD
    You can tell who I have a crush on haha! (look on my sig)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If it's an innocent admiration and appreciation of good lucks type crush than no.
    If it's a serious crush like you would have on that cute guy/girl on the football team/cheerleading squad than yes

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    It's one thing to admire the beauty of a fictional character, but a totally other thing to withhold yourself from RL relations because you're trying to stay loyal to said fictional character...

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think it's fine to find a cluster of pixels hot/attractive, but a full blown crush is a little odd but there's nothing wrong with it.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    if you just admire how it looks than yeah its cool,
    but if your treating it like its a real relationship or something than you've offically gone off the deep end

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    I think the way that they draw anime characters are absolutely beautiful....but when it turns into a crush...thats another story....

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Its okay if you do not dig too deep(go too far) into the fantasy. Don't forget the real life!

glow.ForEveR

wut is this i dont even
    Years
    Is it wierd to have a crush on a Pokemon Character?

it depends on how far ya take it you know?

Although not from pokemon, this is sort of my related anime crush :3

Naoto from Persona 4

Years
    Lol I think it's okay to think a drawing is cute. XD (I think Silver's drawing for HGSS is so cute!) It's not weird, because you like that personality the character has. Which means you would like a person who acts like that in real life.

Pokemon characters who I think are totally cute: (Original GSC) Ash, Gary, Morty, Eusine, Lance, Will (from the E4 in GSC, not the sprite, the artwork), Silver, Steven (from RSE), Roark, Volkner, Gold (the new one! He's so cute!), Aaron (of the E4 in Sinnoh), FrLg Red (from SSBM. His character looks cute.)

I don't exactly have a crush on them, I just think they're cute. ^_^ But, I have written a good fan fic about a girl and Morty once.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Wow. Freaky up there has my avatar! But no, it's not really weird. If people didn't have anime crushes, we wouldn't have fangirling/fanboying. And that, my friend, would be bad.

Obviously you can tell where my alligiance lies.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    NO
    theres nothing wrong with fantarding over a fictional character
    D8
    I do it all the time :>

but...not if you're a total creeper about it, D8 I mean
    theres a difference between fantarding, and going on a date with a cardboard cut out >:

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    Not really. As long as you don't go to crazy about the character. I think male Galactic grunts are cute, I wish they existed, but I don't go crazy about them.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I wouldn't say I have a crush on any, that may be going a bit too far but to love their character or to find one of the characters attractive/hot is fine I think. Just looking at my username, sig and avatar. I think I have an obsession with Dawn xD.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Depends on how you take it. As long as a character resembles a real human in any way, you're going to think the pixels are cute and such. What you may be thinking is a crush could very well be an appreciation of this character. You think his character is cool and etc.

BUT.
    While that can be harmless, there are extreme cases when people start to prefer those characters to real people. That can be downright unhealthy. Though I really doubt this is your case. o_____o

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    It is not weird at all. Well, unless you decide to not to marry at all and say that you still love that character at the age of 85, therefore staying single.... THEN IT'S WEIRD. (I know. I just took this to another level)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    If the title was "Is it weird to have an admiration for a fictional character?" I would've said probably no.

Yeah it's weird.

Back