• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is it worth getting gamecube stuff?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2009
    I don't have a gamecube but i have a wii but i really want to get pokemon on gamecube so is it worth getting a gamecube memory card, controller and games

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As I said in your other thread, I reckon it is (I found Colo/XD fun if not perfect, and that, along with Miror B, is good enough for me =P), although it'd be better if you find the stuff cheap (well, obviously). Can say which stores at it tends to vary from place to place, country to country, etc, but have a look at your local game stores, maybe ask around on what Gamecube stuff they have.

I do recall that at the time where I live, XD was sold with a memory card included - maybe you could still find one? But the memeory cards and controller mightn't be that hard to find, especially if you're a tad lucky with online stores if you can't find anything near you. Also again - if you want to trade between Colo/XD and GBA games you'll need a GBA-GCN cable - which might be a tad harder to find, but it's only a guess and again depends.

Note also that there are some other Gamecube games (like channel), but mind you there are much more on the spin-off side than what Colo/XD were.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I think it is. I still use my GC to play my advance games on the tv. My little brother gets a kick out of watching me kill the E4!
    Also, I found Pokemon XD really fun, so sure, I'd invest the like 50$ (aprox.) to get used Gamecube stuff.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Heck Yeah! I recently bought GC Pokemon Games to play on my Wii and I haven't regreated it. I think that it's worth it. Besides you can get some Pokemon that may not be obtainable in other games.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Simply put: Yes.

The games are a lot different from the handheld games; but, sometimes, that can be refreshing. I basically had Colo beat in a few days... so it was a quick play. But, it was fun nevertheless. And Gale of Darkness had a well developed plot and storyline. You can catch wild Pokemon at all in Colo... and there's a limited amount you can catch in XD... but, you can snag shadow Pokemon. So, they make up for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    the cube games are worth it especially if you need some pokes with like a specific attack that are from colosseum or XD.but XD got abit boring at a point.also they are fun to play if your bored lol.pokemon box is really usefull for the GBA games but its rare to find one now

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Of course. Colloseum is a great game to play. I'm sure you'll have a great time playin' the game. ^^

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
  • Don't GameCube games work in the Wii? If you had a Wii already then it would be a lower cost to buy the games. I wonder if they're GameCube emolator? But, if you want the games, just go ahead. ;)

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • Don't GameCube games work in the Wii? If you had a Wii already then it would be a lower cost to buy the games. I wonder if they're GameCube emolator? But, if you want the games, just go ahead. ;)

To my knowledge, you can't get GC emulators yet... i'm waiting for that day though! :classic:

Futbollar

Stanford Cardinal
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    the GC games were awsome. Just be careful not to kill all the shadow pokemon. What I really would like though is a Pokemon MMO

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I personally think that the GC games were onyl worth playing if you had a GBA-GC link and a GBA with a Hoenn game or a Kanto remake.

I never really found them all that "fun", I just liked that I could get pokemon on my handheld games that I couldn't catch in any other way.

But that's just my opinion.

But..A GC controller is almost essential to any wii owner.

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
  • I wonder if they're GameCube emolator?
    To my knowledge, you can't get GC emulators yet... i'm waiting for that day though! :classic:
    Well, there ARE emulators, but the only one slightly capable of running commercial games is dolphin.

Colloseum should work (with a number of crashes, so save often).

XD is not (yet) supported by it. Most people (like me) get just a black screen, although there are a few that state opening a Shadow the Hedgehog rom first, and then run xd, it should run (haven't tried this, so I can't say if it works.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    If you already have a Game Boy Advance and one of the 3rd Generation Pokemon games, then yes, it is quite worthwhile, especially for obtaining the Pokemon that are almost impossible to obtain otherwise. Just make certain to also pick up a Gamecube-Game Boy Advance Link Cable.

Nope you can't, yea I know it sucks, thats why I dont want to throw out my GBA player and GC because of this

:t354:TG

Yes, you can. The GBA-GCN Link Cable works exactly the same way on both systems.

Years
  • I say yes, because some WII games are easier with a GC controler. Also if you get a gameboy player hook it up at the bottem of your GC and you can play pokemon on th TV, it's very helpful with trading and pokedex so....
    YES GET IT

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The Gamecube games were definately different from the rest of the Pokemon games, with the whole "Shadow Pokemon" ideology and the such. Both were fun to play, get XD if you want Lugia, or get Colleseum if you want Ho-oh. Also, in the latter, you can get the legendary dogs, while in the former you can get the legendary birds. Both were fun with cool features, including a reeeeaaally nice move-tutor in XD ^^

All in all, the GC games were much better than Revolution. Revolution = battling, which is great and all, but it does get very repetitive after a while. Both XD and Colleseum had an interesting storyline (which is very unusual for Pokemon games) and the Pokemon battles were awesome, especially with the upgraded effects in XD.

(and I caught the Shadow Lugia with a Pokeball but that's a bit off topic XD)

Back