• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Liking Pokemon something You should hide

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Exactly the conversation of Pokémon almost never comes up, so whether you hide it or not is your choice...People will only get to really know if you tell them...

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I really don't see the need to hide someone's liking for Pokemon. It's a great franchise, that requires a lot of strategy. (In the games, at least.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I don't think you should have to hide the fact you like pokemon. If you enjoy it i don't think it should make a difference.
    Besides age is only a number it doesn't mean you should stop doing certain things because of how old you are.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Liking Pokemon isn't something that I write on my shirt and make sure the entire world knows, but if someone were to spontaneously ask me then I'd tell them the truth.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • You'de be surprised how many people play pokemon and hide it, I had no clue until I started admitting it. And those people you hear occasionaly making fun of pokemon, you can generally assume still play it :laugh:

Years
  • Well, thankfully my friends like Pokemon, so no issues there. As for anyone else...well, I always have a few screenshots of the manga on hand for anyone who utters the sentance "Pokemon is for kids, you shouldn't like it, blahblah". What are these screenshots, you may ask? And Onix getting it's head kicked clean off its body by a Hitmonlee. Pikachu covered in blood and other injuries. Stuff like that. This changes their opinion quickly XD

But no, I will tell anyone real quick that I like Pokemon...but not the show. The show...yeah, thats where all this comes from. Its gotten so kiddie-ish, its not funny. Back in the old days, Pokemon could, you know, beat each other up so badly that they almost die. There was a concept of death. Now...its the opposite. And as we all know, the manga and games are very different from the anime.

And, if all else fails if people refuse to leave me alone after all this, I use the "The games are addicting' card. Which is true, and they agree with me always on that :P

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I don't advertise it, but I won't lie if someone asks me. It's not really something I'm ashamed of, just a hobby I don't talk about that much.

But I do tell them that I play the games, not watch the anime.

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
    Years
  • Why hide it? It's nothing bad. I'll tell everyone in the world I like Pokemon. And if they don't like it... Well, my signature should say what they should do. And I can be truthful when I say, "I don't watch the anime." Although I'm sure half the people here can say that, too.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
  • Yeah, a bit. Though i am sirprised at how meny people like pokemon, but most people find it a little childish.
    I dont hide the fact i like pokemon, i usally draw them all the time when i feel like it, but i never talk about it unless im around friends or my family lol <_>

Back