• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is money the answer to everything?

Money > all

• Total voters

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    Do you think money is all you need, and it can buy you anything and everything you need in the world? (I wonder if anyone knows the Richard Cory poem) I know this is a common question, but I'd like a debate here. ^^

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I don't think so. Money cannot buy you true friends that stand by your side. Sure money can buy you material goods, what will happen to it once you die? Your friends will like you if you're rich or poor.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's nice to have money, which I now know since I have to earn it. I mean, without money, I wouldn't be able to buy food, clothes, shelter. You know, the basic necessities to live. But how much of a human would I be? No matter how much money I have, it would never buy me the friends that I have now, or the man I love, or any of the things that truly make me happy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    Quote:

:Can't buy me Love, love, can't by me love, no.

: All you need is love.

: Oh can't you see what love has done, what it's doing to me?

If the world had to choose between money and love. Love should be the answer.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I'll have to go with the practical answer: Money, and lots of it.

Love and happiness don't pay the bills. Love and happiness don't put a roof over your head. Love and happiness don't put food in your stomach. Love and happiness don't get you from point A to point B. Love and happiness won't get you a college degree.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Um, Well.
    I think Money is the source of happiness o.o;;
    I mean Money can make us happy, love and happiness you can get it for free, but food, shelter, education... I don't think so.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Money is definitely NOT everything
    There are plenty of rich people who hate their lives, and poor people who love their lives. The opposite is true as well. Love alone doesn't provide for your physical needs

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    What sort of horrible thread is this?

Let's just say - both.

What sort of blunt answer is this? How unclear and indecisive. :/

Well, after you think of it a while, each has more strength than the other in lacking areas. A rich boy may not have true friends who only use him for his vast amount of money, however, this doesn't mean he will die of starvation, as long as he has money.

A socio pro such as a lover or friendly person who is not rich may have good friends and the best significant other for him/her, and that may be all he/she needs in life. Of course, you miss out on the extras like having a nice car, or easily manipulate a variety of things.

I'd choose to be rich in friends and loved ones than having dead presidents as the only friends I have, I'd have to trade them away for something I want. What kind of friend does that.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    View it this way, money can't buy happiness, but can buy stability.

One of the main reasons of depresion are economic problems, so it takes part in the happiness part.

Just consider it this way, as long as you have money you can focus on the most important aspects of your live, family and friends, but if you don't have money then you need to make a living for yourself so you can be relaxed and enjoy the time with them.

It's a hard question, but it can be reduced to this, if I had to choose between tons of money and my friends, then I would choose my friends =]

"Give each thing the importance it needs, never give anything more importance than it needs or less that it deserves"

Seremiya

Love Serenity
    Years
    Money has its purpose and it can improve your standards of living but they're obviously those things that money could never get you~
    So overall I say money isn't everything.
    Although it wouldn't hurt to have more of it. ^^

Lash

Years
    Sure, money can help through bad times, and help one get what one wants, but the wanting would turn into greed. Happiness>Greed.
    Though I did vote yes in the money poll thing, and sure money can help with happiness, loads of it can corrupt someone.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I think money is important but I don't think it's the most important thing in life. What some people don't know is that the purpose of life is to enjoy it. Money can be a small part of this but there are far more important things than being rich. Sure, being rich is great! And being poor can make life more difficult...but all in all, you don't need to be rich to be happy.

Back