• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is my card fake or misprinted in any way?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Hello guys, I have never seen a card similar to mine and I'm curious if it's fake or misprinted. I am selling part of my collection and I need to know if it's worth auctioning this card.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Yeah, I know that the Pokemon picture is wrong, but what about the fonts/colours etc.? Is the picture the only problem or are there any other issues? :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2015
    I think it is fake, togepi didn't exist when base set was being printed, and that specific art isn't on any cards at all, so it is probably a bad fake card

Years
    Thank you for the reply, any other opinions?

100% fake without any question. So many tell-tale signs. For starters, Togepi was not a known Pokemon at the release of the Base Set. Secondly, the font is wrong for several parts of the card. For instance, the phrase "Basic Pokemon", while using all the correct letters, has the wrong font and font spacing and is also not bolded like it is on all official cards. The Pokedex information is also the wrong font and the wrong spacing. There's a few other areas where I think the font is wrong, but I can't confirm it at a glance. Thirdly, that art is for Togepi, not Koffing. Fourthly, that image of Togepi looks like it was poorly cropped out from a grainy official image and then poorly resized to fit the image box. That background also looks like it was poorly copied from another card's background. And the final sign is that the Foul Gas attack on the original Base Set Koffing only does 10 damage.

TL;DR: Fake fake fake fake. It is without question a fake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    It's part of a set of fakes which uses screenshots from the anime as the card art.

Back