• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Is PC on FB?

Years
  • Just being curious, is PokeCommunity on FaceBook?? Does it have a fanpage that can be 'liked' or is there a group?? Earlier on, I tried searching for PokeCommunity in the Facebook search tool but tons of groups and pages popped up, some obviously not about this forum and some...well let's just say little Pokemon fan clubs on FB have been using this forum's name. So i was wondering, is PC really on FB? O.o

Since, PC's on Twitter and FaceBook has billions of users and I think that at least 40-50% of PC users are Facebook users.. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2011
    I think you should get it, could get new members and everything to the site which is what the whole idea of the forums are, for people who love pokemon to discuss pokemon.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It'd make for a good group I think, rather than like page. That way membership would have to be approved by the creator and you could give your username to prove that you are actually part of the PokeCommunity. Not that we don't independently have enough places to gather and chat, but it'd still be pretty cool I think.

Then maybe a like page anyone can join so you can get publicity and new members.

Years
  • PC on Facebook.

The possibility of people knowing who I am on here...

No thank you. Besides, Facebook would bring in too many members, more people not reading the rules.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • PC on Facebook.

The possibility of people knowing who I am on here...

No thank you. Besides, Facebook would bring in too many members, more people not reading the rules.
    No one said it would be a requirement for you to join PokéCommunity at Facebook if there ever were one. As for bringing in too many members, that's a horrible thing to say. PC exists today only because of our members that remain so active. Saying it would bring in too many people and more people not reading the rules is hardly anything to go by. I joined PC as complete forum fresh meat, didn't even read the rules at first (I was quite lazy then), but I stuck around and learned the ropes. Of course I eventually did read the rules, but regardless, that argument is pretty void in my opinion.

All that being said, I think it'd be a great idea to eventually get a PC Facebook account. We already have a Twitter page (@pokecommunity), so why not expand our borders in the near future, yes?

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
  • I agree that it would actually be very nice to have PC in FB.
    getting more members is definitely a good thing, and besides, no one will oblige anyone to join, its just a way for PC to be known from FB as well.
    regardless of it being a group or a page.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • well I made a FB Page for PC as a placeholder for now.

We'll have to see what the rest of the staff thinks about adding a PC FB page.
    As for an official group, I couldn't make one without a list of friends to add so that's on hold for now.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • What we need moreso is one of those pages where you can just "like" Pokecommunity. :( But I don't know anything about facebook so idk how to make one.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • adding a like button is a whole 'nother story.. we do have the FB share button in the share this post menu above, but the like button is static to a url, and is not simple to add in to our themes anywhere. (no place for it)

Hmm *checks page*
    well so you did.. and 2 others too :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

• If PC had a "Like" button, I'd like this post, but seeing as we don't, I went and found this PC page and Liked it. :)

You get a cookie. :cookie:

*follows suit*

...only because I just happened to have a tab with FB open. XD

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    It would be cool to have PC on Facebook. Maybe in the near future in may happen. It could give us a nice wave of newbies! lol

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I joined the PC FB page after it was announced on Twitter. I think you should make an announcement here at the forums to draw more people to it.

Back