• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon REALLY Still Popular Among Younger Audiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
Years
I didn't take the time to sift through all the replies, but I personally think the reason today's younger generation inst as keen to Pokemon is due to the over saturation of other video games, systems, and hobbies versus when Pokemon Red and Blue was originally released. I think that's the majority of the reason. I remember knowing about Pokemon WAY before it ever released in the states due to reading Nintendo Power. The only things I did back then were play outside with friends and play my Super Nintendo. Reading about how awesome Pokemon was before it was even available had me super excited back then. =)

Today there are numerous consoles, handheld gaming devices, cartoons, manga, anime, smartphones, facebook, etc etc etc. I mean, do you honestly blame them for not immediately becoming obsessed with Pokemon?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You guys have some good points, but please don't post in a thread this old! Feel free to make a new one if you want to talk about it more, but I would advise checking for something similar & putting it in Pokémon General, since it encompasses much more than just the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back