• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon to you "MORE" than just a hobby??

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Is pokemon to you more than just a hobby??
    Im sure all of us Like Pokemon for a cause...
    We like it for the Games-GBA,DS, & TCG.
    Also for the manga, the franchise & all others...(including hacks..& Fan fics..)
    I love pokemon also due to the online communities like PC!!(^_^"!)
    Pokemon HAS SHAPED OUR CULTURE, our interests & our life if you just think about it.
    The concept of the Pokémon universe, in both the video games and the general fictional world of Pokémon to me is for interest...
    Some of the threads we created is all about how we love,treat,capture,collect Pokemon.
    Often we spend most of our time collecting & capturing Pokemon, then trading it too others.
    Sometimes we do the stupidest things just for pokemon....
    Some people think that it sucks & its babyish....
    Some people get attatched to the pokemon they are raising,they "love" them as if they were their own pets...

But, have you ever thought of Pokemon as more than just a hobby??
    I am Being completely honest & frank with the fellow trainers who are reading this.

TO ME.... it is MORE THAN JUST A HOBBY.
    You people can call it an obssesion, i don't care...
    I call it a part of my Daily life...
    to me-Pokemon forever!!!!!
    (Everyone is entitled to there own opinion)
    I LITERALLY LOVE
    Is Pokemon to you "MORE" than just a hobby??

POKEMON!!!!!

Please,you can freely express your inner feelings...
    Shout it out!!!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokémon is fun but I wouldn't say that I love it more than anything. Yes, it has reformed the gaming industry and for a year or two nobody could live through a day without seeing the slogan sprayed all over the place, but shouting out my inner feelings about it? Calm down, seriously. Pokémon is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, unfortunately, and you really have got to stop thinking that it is. Yes, it managed to attract a lot of people and it was without doubt one of the greatest games that the gaming industry has ever brought to the commoners, but that is it. If I had to give up my life for Pokémon to exist, I wouldn't. It's a cool thing to mess around with in my spare time, but that's it.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Again just a hobby, something to do :S I mean we cant get hung up on Pokemon when there is a "real" world so to speak out there.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I agree with most people- Pokemon is just a hobby for me. A really big hobby, but still. It doesn't really affect my life, it's just something I love to do.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Nope, I just like to play the games for the collecting and competitive battling aspect. I grew out of the TV show and other merchandise years ago; although i do find myself playing the games less and less nowadays. I come to the forum to do my job as a Moderator and see if i can pick up on any decent trades. It never been more than a hobby to me, and never will be.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Naw, Pokemon's just a game series I'll play occasionally. I'm not even so much into it as to care about stats, natures and so forth.

PkEpiph

PokemonEpiphany.com
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Yes, Pokemon is out lives. Without Pokemon we might die.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Calm down, seriously. unfortunately, and you really have got to stop thinking that it is. If I had to give up my life for Pokémon to exist, I wouldn't. It's a cool thing to mess around with in my spare time,.
    You can't force me to stop loving Pokemon,its my decision...
    I Can't contradict your opinion though, neither can you let me.

Yes, Pokemon is out lives. Without Pokemon we might die.
    Thanks DUDE^_^"!

Back