• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Rotom a legendary?

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    The discussion on whether or not Rotom is a legendary will always go on.

I say...no.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I think Rotom is a Legendary, albeit a fairly weak one. Phione is considered a Legendary, right?

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I think it should be :)

And yes, I do consider it as one ~

And if you're going to argue with my statement, don't bother ~

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I've never viewed Rotom as a legendary, even if I did it would most probably do the same thing it does now. Sit in a box all day and never get used.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I like to think of Rotom as a legendary, but...

Rotom isn't a legendary. (Well, by the standards that legendary pokemon are viewed by, it isn't.) But... yeah.

It's as legendary as a Lapras.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Meh, I just consider it a Pseudo-Legend I guess..

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • Do you think he has a low enough catch rate to be a legendary? I know most legendaries have 3 catch rate or Kyogre and Groudon has 5, while Plakia and Dialga have about 30. Only MEw, Celebi, Shaymin have 45 whats Rotom's catch rate?

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Do you think he has a low enough catch rate to be a legendary? I know most legendaries have 3 catch rate or Kyogre and Groudon has 5, while Plakia and Dialga have about 30. Only MEw, Celebi, Shaymin have 45 whats Rotom's catch rate?

rotom's catchrate is at 45.

and btw, rotom is totally not legendary.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yep only one per game like other legends

You can only catch Rotom once, but however, it is breedable which makes it non-legendary like. An official website Pokémon.com, has already proven that Rotom is not a legendary and I myself, would believe there's a good reason on why it is not. Yes the battle music is different, but its stats are low and its Battle Moves are not close to being rarely special [ex. Thunder Wave] like the other legendary moves are.

Though there may be Rotom's new formes and special moves for the formes, the moves aren't to be considered lengendary special moves due to the reason it is only moves like Air Slash, Hydro Pump, etcetera.

I cannot see why people can't mistaken Rotom for a legendary, as it is perfectly reasonable on how you can fall for the mistakes on how it can be one, but as a lot of offical pokémon websites state, Rotom is not a legendary, unfortunately.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl treat it like a legendary, in that there's only 1 in the game and its difficult to get if you didnt know where it was and how to get it.

Personally, I would think it's a legendary, even though people say ti isn't. I know the definition of a legendary i high stats ect, but i think that Diamond really broke the stereotype in giving Rotom normal Pokemon stats. So yes, it is classed as a legendary, I should think ;)

Rotom is my favourite poke anyway, so it's a bit biased .-.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Just to make the point, being a legendary Pokemon=/=being strong.
    Shaymin (regular form) is very average, and Entei, for example, is a UU. Yet, both of them are in no doubt legendaries.
    There are many more examples...
    Anyways, this statement/explanation:
    It's as legendary as a Lapras.
    is probably the most reasonable one. It's not a legendary, though it is quite a remarkable Pokemon.

Years
  • Dont Be Fooled By People.
    I Have Battled Rotom In The Old Cheatu In Pokemon Pearl.
    When You Battle Rotom, It Comes Up In Giratinas Theme Of Battle Music.
    They Only Put Legendary Music Because You Cant Find It Anywhere Else.
    So, Theres Your True Answer.
    Rotom Is Not A Legendary.

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    I think Rotom isn't a legendary and i quote this from bulbapedia:
    When Rotom is encountered, the music is the same as legendary encounters although it is not classified as one. Rotom is, to date, the only non-legendary Pokémon to do this.

Back