• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Is Scyther worth the catch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Should I catch a scyther?Or is it just a waste of my time?
    And also,where am I supposed to find it Johto Gold Version?

SRV

Years
    • Age 33
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    It's worth it to fill your PokeDex, and I'm pretty sure they're uncommon in the bug catching contest north of Goldenrod.

* Too bad the Simple Questions thread was locked.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Where else?
    Cause the bug catching test was yesterday.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • @_@ Scyther is worth everything. Scyther is worth Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi put together. Get five hundred of them. Give them all nicknames and put them in special boxes. Train them all to level 100 and make a Scyther army. Oh, and don't evolve them.

Okay, I don't want this post to be spam, so yeah, it's worth it even if you're not a Scyther-obsessed freak like me. False Swipe is very important to have for catching Pok?mon. Plus, Scyther can win you the Bug-Catching Contest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    it depends, if you are trying to complete the game, then yes catch it. but if you just want to fight pokemon then id recomend trying to get all the legendary pokemon :D.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    To be honest,sycther is a pokemon which is very worth to catch...first,u can win the bug catching competition...second,it can evolve into scizor which is very cool...third,can use it to fill up ur pokedex...fourth n most important ones,it can learn false swipes!catch it,train it until very high level and it can be a very very useful pokemon ^^

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Yes,But is there any other ways to get a schyther besides the bug catching contest?Cause I looked all over in the bug catching contest and none where there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Erm,i kind of forgot,but i guess the only place to get scyther is at the bug catching contest... XD

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The only other way I know is to trade from another game, but scyther is definitely worth the catch it has high speed and attack and a decent movepool too some people say you should evolve it to scizor this is actually up to you scyther has it's own benefits.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    hes quite easy to get if you are gettnig him from the contest. just save the game as soon as you start and dont bother catching any other pkmn. then do the same with the others you can get in there.

Pokemaster1110

Team Snorlax ******
    Years
  • Scyther is a fantasic pokemon in G/S/C. Not only is he one of the fastest pokemon in the game, but he also sports a high attack as well. He get's Slash, Wing Attack and the awesome False Swipe, invaluable for catching wild pokemon. He can evolve to Scizor, a good pokemon with very high defense and incredible attack, but does loose some speed as well as becoming double weak to fire attacks. Scyther can be caught in the bug catching contest in the National Park (South-West of Ecrutek and North of Goldenrod) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This is the only place that you can catch one. He is pretty hard to find and the Park Balls will have a difficult time holding him unless he is in the red and is either asleep or paralyzed, so Gastly is a great choice to catch him (just watch out for Pursuit). Scyther is VERY much worth it, though.

Last edited:

Batesymon

Tuesday!
    Years
  • In RBY you could either:
    ~ If you have the right name or something it may appear in the MissingNo glitch.
    ~ Catch it in Safari Zone.

Then trade it.

It isn't terribly difficult to find Scyther in the Bug Catch Contest. But I must admit they are quite annoying to find and then try to catch.

Cooltrainer Lance

Flannery Fanboy
    Years
  • Sheepnut said:
    Dude every pokemon is worth the catch... Enough said.

So you're saying that magikarp are worth the catch? :confused:
    Even Gyarados sucks with a huge weakness to electricity.

I definitely say that scyther is worth the catch. It is an awesome pokemon especially since you can get it pretty early in the game. Train it up and it could be an awesome pokemon! ;)

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I'd say it is worth a catch. Then you can evolve it into scizor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back