• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is sending RNGed pokes through Pokebank illegal?

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Of course there's no way they could prove I RNGed them so I'd never get caught, just wondering... When I first booted up Pokebank I remember it saying sending Pokemon created through means other than those approved by Nintendo will result in you being banned from using Pokebank. If Nintendo somehow proved I had RNGed Pokemon and sent them to X/Y, would they ban me?

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    RNG'd Pokemon can legally pass through PokeBank and they're also allowed in official tournaments, therefore there'll be no penalty. Besides, that is a 'false' warning... people send hacks through all the time and nothing gets done.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Technically speaking, RNGed Pokemon are the ones created by the game ;) I'm guessing you're referring to RNG manipulation. Would they ban you? Well, in theory, yes. Will they ban you? No. Will they ever ban anyone? Probably not. I reckon it's just scare tactics.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It probably can't detect whether or not it's been RNG'd, but if I were you I'd be wary of sending over Pokes that have dates that haven't happened yet as their capture date.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
    Years
    Yeah, they would probably ban you from using Pokebank sooner or later if they noticed you sent cheat/hack pokemon over.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    RNG isn't a cheat or a hack, it's manipulating the random number generator to spawn better Pokemon. It takes a lot of effort and work to do, it's not like plugging in a save file from Pokesav or something.

As such, they're produced by the game, they're technically tournament legal.

Also, it's really hard for censors to detect even a medium-poor hack if they're generated in game, like with an AR.

Back