• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the Pokemon Nature system getting an overhaul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    I mean, the system right now is retarded -- who wants to fight and catch the exact same legendary dozens of times? It would be like playing mario kart... but toad can randomly have -700 speed, or DK can be basically made of glass. What the hell is the point of even having different ones? There's no strategy or skill involved there, just luck and time consumption and, quite frankly, that is just plain dumb. The whole system was written by an idiot and I think it' about time the rest of the idiots fixed it by making something in-game that allows you to change the nature of your legendaries for a steep price. NOBODY ENJOYS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO TRY AND GET DIFFERENT RESULTS, EINSTEIN DEFINED THIS AS INSANITY, LEST NOT IDIOCY.

Needless to say, I'm not buying the game if it doesn't include something that fixes the absolutely garbage "Pokemon nature system" that currently holds the game back from being a rationally programmed game with a large global community. Right now it's 2% gameplay and 98% a maniacal grind-fest of a completely boring waste of time doing the exact same thing over and over again.

Seriously, just hand me a dice, I'll just roll it here on my desk, and have infinitely more fun than I would trying to catch a legendary with a decent Nature. At least I can switch it up with the dice, give it some cruvey throws and stuff. Not like pokemon where it just rolls crap, then u have to reset the DS and start all over if and when it rolls a fail. It's much less effort to just roll the dice, and infinitely more rewarding. How much money do these idiots blow on development for this game? Pathetic.

Last edited:

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    VERY OFFENDED

Are you kidding me? I'm offended.
    And frankly your proposal of a "Rationally programmed game" are rather irrational.

We have natures so that everytime you catch a pokemon they have differences from one another, if not, that would actually be boring. If you want "perfect" legendaries, YOU HAVE TO EARN THEM.
    I mean, the system right now is retarded -- who wants to fight and catch the exact same legendary dozens of times?
    PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED. If you just want to change anything you want, buy an AR, its essentially the same thing your suggesting.
    The whole system was written by an idiot
    REALLY? I'm pretty sure I remeber it as being a turning point. It allows people who take time and effort to raise good pokemon. And I enjoy the hardwork paying off.

TL;DR
    You've offended me, and probably most of the community.
    Your idea is bad.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah, Black and White hasn't really changed the nature system as it is. :(

Looks like you'll have to continue searching for Pokemon with good natures. Though, I dunno, it teaches you patience. I agree that making it easier to find Pokemon with certain natures would be nice for some, but changing natures for a price? Don't natures kinda add a personality to a Pokemon in a sense?

However, I do think this will probably bring good discussion in Pokemon Gaming Central, as to what people think about making fixed natures for certain Pokemon, etc. Also going to edit title so people don't get confused. :x

@Syd: If this doesn't fit in PGC, do whatever you want, but it seems like a good discussion point imo.

Years
    I agree completely with the OP.
    While I usually don't shoot for the perfect nature and will just try to avoid the total crap like, say, a quiet Spearow or a mild Geodude, it still tends to take eternally to get a nature that does not ruin an essential stat.
    Recently I've been fiddling around with just cheating all Pokemon's natures to serious. Makes a significant part of the game a lot more enjoyable.

Tonko

Curious Wanderer
    Years
    If you're the kind of person who is just playing through the game "normally" (as in, not the competitive battlers, or people on this site, more like the regular young kids who buy the game) I don't think natures ruin the game. You can play with a modest Geodude, or whatever, and still beat the game.

But wow, if you dislike it as intensely as your post implies, you should go outside and take a few deep breaths to let your blood pressure go down. And then go get an AR.

I don't mind catching a few pokemon to find one with a nature that works (I mean geez, at the least, there are four neutral natures you can't complain about, and a bunch more that won't nuke whatever stat you're concerned for...).

Finding a PERFECT nature generally does take effort. If you want a perfect nature and a perfect pokemon, it will take some time and fiddling. Which for a lot of people is the fun of the game, and makes them feel like they really earned that awesome pokemon they searched for and then carefully raised.

Right now it's 2% gameplay and 98% a maniacal grind-fest of a completely boring waste of time doing the exact same thing over and over again.

If you don't like it, and you think this is how the game is played... maybe you should stop playing it? You can always go dig up a Gameboy and play the nature-free originals if it's more fun. (Fun being the point of a game to begin with.)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    You need to just learn to be patient if you want to catch Pokemon with good natures. People who get these Pokemon after hours of trying feel very happy and relieved. The very unlikely chance of getting that perfect Pokemon is what makes ev'd Pokemon so special and valuable.

Natures are there to make Pokemon more different from each other, just like people and Game Freak isn't just going to take out a big game mechanic that one person doesn't like.

Even if they got rid of natures a Pokemon with 0 IVs across the board and a good nature is going to be much weaker than one with 31 IVs and a bad one.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    Ohhhh, I'm glad the cool kids are here to say grown-up things like "if you don't like it, stop palying the game" after I clearly just stated that I am not buying the substandard game because of this blatant retardation...

To those of you who say "omg it jsut makes them unique, im offended"... you're simply too ignorant. Mewtwo with -Sp. Attack and + def = unique? No, sorry. Just a bad pokemon that took 30 hours to catch and will now have to be restarded and recaught if you don't want it to be weaker than a latios. And after 200 ultra balls and 30 hours of capturing, if you want to restart the game and start all over again to change the nature instead of buying it like someone with a brain, then your opinion is officially void because logicale is clearly an alien process in your head. Be offended, the truth hurts, stupid.

Doing the exact same thing 117 times taking hours to do it each time = fun and rewarding? Sorry, I'm not buying that fleeting load of crap, and the fact that you kids did is a rather tragic fallacy to human intelligence. Catching pokemon should be a fun experience, not a chore.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Forever said:
    @Syd: If this doesn't fit in PGC, do whatever you want, but it seems like a good discussion point imo.

Actually, it sounds like a flame war on the rise and if I get one more report about this thread, I will lock it. So cool it down in here guys. Everyone has opinions. Learn to respect them and keep your insults to yourself.

Years
    I don't get why the title of this thread has a question mark, because it's obviously just a rant. Saying there's no "strategy or skill involved" in natures is very far from the truth. People actually
    breed their Pokemon to get a suitable nature for their offspring, which is pretty strategic, considering this stuff is never mentioned in the Prima Guides. If you think natures are pointless, give your
    Pokemon a Hardy nature, which leaves all stats untouched, and go up against a Jolly Garchomp, then see how you fare. No one really whines about getting bad natures, but somehow you
    have the right to? Most people just use legends as trophies anyways, and a good percentage of legendary Pokemon are Ubers, so that kind of nulls their purpose if you play competitively. If you really hate the nature system, then go play Digimon.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Ohhhh, I'm glad the cool kids are here to say grown-up things like "if you don't like it, stop palying the game" after I clearly just stated that I am not buying the substandard game because of this blatant retardation...

To those of you who say "omg it jsut makes them unique, im offended"... you're simply too ignorant. Mewtwo with -Sp. Attack and + def = unique? No, sorry. Just a bad pokemon that took 30 hours to catch and will now have to be restarded and recaught if you don't want it to be weaker than a latios. And after 200 ultra balls and 30 hours of capturing, if you want to restart the game and start all over again to change the nature instead of buying it like someone with a brain, then your opinion is officially void because logicale is clearly an alien process in your head. Be offended, the truth hurts, stupid.

Doing the exact same thing 117 times taking hours to do it each time = fun and rewarding? Sorry, I'm not buying that fleeting load of crap, and the fact that you kids did is a rather tragic fallacy to human intelligence. Catching pokemon should be a fun experience, not a chore.

No one has to spend hours trying to get Pokemon with a specific nature - people choose to do that. Also if you're just going to rail on the game because you don't know how to play, get out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with a few points here. While resetting for a good nature is tedious, it's worth it in the end. And the nature system is actually a very good feature because it enhances a Pokemon's strong stats while trading off one of its other stats in return (5 natures do nothing at all).

If you want to increase the chances of you getting the nature you want, put a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability with the nature you want in front of your team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    I don't get why the title of this thread has a question mark, because it's obviously just a rant. Saying there's no "strategy or skill involved" in natures is very far from the truth. People actually
    breed their Pokemon to get a suitable nature for their offspring, which is pretty strategic, considering this stuff is never mentioned in the Prima Guides.

What a retarded reply to a thread about natures on legendaries. Stopped reading right there.

I'm just going to openly address the less than intelligent replies that have suggested I am saying natures should be ripped out of the game completely. They need to be controllable in at least some way... the only reason I can see for any of you kids arguing with that is that you "worked hard" to exploit your way to getting the natures you have right now on your team. To anyone of of simple logical mindset, the system makes no sense to be in a game so geared toward personalization, and the fact taht you kids come in here saying "it makes them UNIQUE!" just makes me roar with laughter. Inconsistency in video games is NOT good thing, we learned this semester ONE of post-secondary video game programming concepts and studies.

How bout... instead of just saying "OMG NO IT DOESN'T, I'M OFFENDED AND YOU'RE A DUMMMMMY, my dad can beat up your dad" why don't you say something to defend the fact that natures can't be changed on legendaries? What are the pros of this other than protecting the people who have already exploited it by resetting and capturing until they get the nature they want (and I'm sorry, but when it comes to game balance that argument is absolutely moot -- take it from a game developer)? If you're not going to, shove that pacifier back in your mouth and stop replying because I simple don't care about your juvenile ignorance and quite frankly I'm sick of the pathetic children's strive to exploit stupid crap dictating game programming globally. Grow up and contribute to the discussion or step off, kids.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Actually, no. You stop actually childish and immature. I have never, in my entirety of modding this forum, ever seen such a rude display of words. Calling someone's reply "retarded" and calling everyone kids? No. You grow up, kid. I'm sick of your immaturity and rude actions. I'm not sitting by and letting any member be spoken to like this. Consider this thread finished and yourself infracted.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back