• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is there a way to change experience curve?

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Well, my question is quite simple, is there a way to change the experience curve of Pokemon Fire Red? The objective is to harden experience gaining in the game, thus making harder to defeat other trainers.

PD: I know IVs, EVs, nature and custom moves are also important.

Years
Well, my question is quite simple, is there a way to change the experience curve of Pokemon Fire Red? The objective is to harden experience gaining in the game, thus making harder to defeat other trainers.

PD: I know IVs, EVs, nature and custom moves are also important.

There are some ways to make pokemon gain less experience:
easiest way: divide all gained exp by two. It's the easiest because it's just a simple byte change.
easy but tedious way: change all pokemon's base exp stat in a pokemon editor. Not advised as it's gonna take lots of time.
less easy and less tedious way: change exp needed for levels. There are 6 or 7 tables that have required exp for each level(starting from 0 to 99) for each of the experience group. That'd be tedious as well but I guess funnier, coz you can require like 3 millions exp. points to get to lvl 100.
hard way: change exp gaining formula. Similar to first way but you'd have to write new ASM routine.

If you've got further question as to where are those tables or if I didn't explain something well, feel free to ask. :)

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
easiest way: divide all gained exp by two. It's the easiest because it's just a simple byte change.
easy but tedious way: change all pokemon's base exp stat in a pokemon editor. Not advised as it's gonna take lots of time.
less easy and less tedious way: change exp needed for levels. There are 6 or 7 tables that have required exp for each level(starting from 0 to 99) for each of the experience group. That'd be tedious as well but I guess funnier, coz you can require like 3 millions exp. points to get to lvl 100.
hard way: change exp gaining formula. Similar to first way but you'd have to write new ASM routine.

If you've got further question as to where are those tables or if I didn't explain something well, feel free to ask. :)

Wow, thank you very much for your replies! Well, I've choosen the hard way: change all pokemon's base exp stat. It was easier than expected, I've programmed a mouse automatizer program so it would repeat the changing operation 'till the end (now you win 1 exp points for every Pokemon defeated, no matter which level it's at).

Years

Sorry for necromancing, but do you happen to know the byte location of the trainer battle exp multiplier ?
You usually get like double amount of exp normally in a trainer battle and i am trying to change the exp gain to default normal wild battle.

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Wow, thank you very much for your replies! Well, I've choosen the hard way: change all pokemon's base exp stat. It was easier than expected, I've programmed a mouse automatizer program so it would repeat the changing operation 'till the end (now you win 1 exp points for every Pokemon defeated, no matter which level it's at).

God dont exist kid

Back