• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is there any point?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2015
    I love pokemon , but i dont know why...when i was a kid i stopped watching the anime after the thrid season
    maybe its because the episodes were pretty boring...you know , every episode you see a new pokemon and then team rocket's appear
    and try's to ruin the day...it was fuuny and cute at the time but not Enough,
    so my Question is...is there any point to watch pokemon agine ?
    is there any point in the anime you have cool episodes with alot of action?

if i start watching the anime agine , i start with season 4...
    if you tell me that in like season 7-8 the Series is starting to be really good , so I would not care to watch the other seasons,,

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I would say that if you got bored halfway through Johto, it'd be best to start like... halfway through season five? That's where it picks up with a decent amount of multi-ep plotlines and then ends with the Silver Conference, which was very good. Other than that, I'd say try one season of each saga, because AG, DP, BW, and XY all have pretty different things to offer. DP is widely considered to be the best saga, and XY is ongoing but has captured a lot of people.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    I'd say the end of Johto was pretty good. I'd also recommend Battle Frontier and DP. XY is too early to judge as a whole, but I like it, and a lot of others like it.

Years
  • If it was me, I wouldn't continue watching it. It's pretty much the same thing each and every episode Team Rocket comes in to steal Pikachu/Pokemon/Pikachu+Other Pokemon, Ash & the gang try to get to the next city for a gym badge, same old same old.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I only watchthe anime for comedy lately really tbh. It can be funny but the plotlines of most episodes can get boring or childish to an extent that bothers even ME. Not to start any 'Anime vs Manga' fights here, but if the aniem is too childish and you need something more 'real' try Pokemon Adventures. DPPt was even ABOUT comedy(at least that's all I cared for XD) and adds a bit of a sense of family to the different characters, rather than keeping two characters the whole way. I have no way to watch the anime right now without Youtube which I never get on anyways so I usually turn for the manga.........
    But if you want to watch the anime, why not just watch the movies? That's really all I can watch atm and it's better than the random filler episodes from what I remember.
    Like I said not trying to start a war I just really like the manga as well look up dia pearl manzai

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Not surprised you stopped watching in season 3, I stopped watching it there because it was so boring. I wouldn't recommend starting again at season 4, although it's worth watching Ash vs Gary in the Johto league in season 5. AG Battle Frontier and DP are good. The XY series is looking good so far, the group dynamic is more interesting than BW and DP (I liked Dawn, but Brock was basically a cardboard cutout) but, like AG and BW, is noticeably lacking a rival for Ash...If you're going to give the anime another go, you may as well start at XY.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Eh, I sat through the Johto episodes in that leadup-to-DP's-premiere marathon on Cartoon Network back in 2007, so I wouldn't say they were boring in the least.

While I did stop watching in Johto during Kids WB, it definitely wasn't due to boredom of Johto itself. Actually, the fillers didn't play a role in it (I didn't even know of the term "filler" at the time, and besides, I'm not sure they even really qualified as filler.). It was more those terrible Socka Party ads, as well as growing paranoia and discomfort for watching what some might consider a "baby show" thanks to the PBS series "Arthur", especially whenever the titular character mocked DW for watching Mary Moo Cow by calling the latter a "baby show" that drove me away. Actually, DP was what drove me away for its actual content (and believe me, I had to sit until the Roarke episode before calling it quits).

Anyways, unless XY shows promise for Ash winning the league, I suggest you not watch it. And you should certainly skip AG, since Ash doesn't advance in Hoenn at all (until BW, that was the worst league turnout). Johto may have been somewhat tedious to get through, but at least Ash getting Top 8 when he had earlier been Top 16 made the wait very much worth it.

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • I watch the anime after I cannot play the game any more as my body is failing me. I too watched it when it first came out but I was like 17 and used to watch it on morning TV after being out partying all night. Didn't get in to the games till much later.

Team Rocket are really annoying though, like it just messes with the pace, theres a battle and you wanna watch it, team rocket come and steal all the mons.

do they not realise that there are other pikachu in the world? lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I love pokemon , but i dont know why...when i was a kid i stopped watching the anime after the thrid season
    maybe its because the episodes were pretty boring...you know , every episode you see a new pokemon and then team rocket's appear
    and try's to ruin the day...it was fuuny and cute at the time but not Enough,
    so my Question is...is there any point to watch pokemon agine ?
    is there any point in the anime you have cool episodes with alot of action?

if i start watching the anime agine , i start with season 4...
    if you tell me that in like season 7-8 the Series is starting to be really good , so I would not care to watch the other seasons,,

The series lack a storyplot !
    But Its hard to come up with a decent Storyplot when you have to create an Anime about the Adventure of 3 people trying to achieve 3 different goal .
    If Ash and his group travel to achieve One Main goal then the series could had a decent plot.
    Even Doraemon main focus on a Loser named Nobita always screwing up and asking for Doraemon help .
    Youkai watch is mainly about Keita meeting new Yokai and collecting Yokai medal in every episode.

But Pokemon is not about Ash screwing up .
    And Ash doesn't catch a Pokemon Or win Badges in every episode .
    Its about Ash becoming a Pokemon Master . Thats where the Series mainly focus on .
    I think Pokemon should focus on Ash and 5 other rival trying to be Pokemon Master and somehow they also save the world.
    While Serena & Clemont has a goal that doesn't need much focus.
    For example,
    Serena become a Kalo queen and finds out that Kalo queen also work as an ''Image Girl'' of Kalo League ! Therefore she become The MC (League Announcer) of Kalo League like Vivian & Lilian.
    While Clemont work as an engineer who renovate The League's Electrical equipment.

By the way , All of you does know Vivian and Lilian . right ?-
    is there any point?

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • The series lack a storyplot !
    But Its hard to come up with a decent Storyplot when you have to create an Anime about the Adventure of 3 people trying to achieve 3 different goal .
    If Ash and his group travel to achieve One Main goal then the series could had a decent plot.
    Even Doraemon main focus on a Loser named Nobita always screwing up and asking for Doraemon help .
    Youkai watch is mainly about Keita meeting new Yokai and collecting Yokai medal in every episode.

But Pokemon is not about Ash screwing up .
    And Ash doesn't catch a Pokemon Or win Badges in every episode .
    Its about Ash becoming a Pokemon Master . Thats where the Series mainly focus on .
    I think Pokemon should focus on Ash and 5 other rival trying to be Pokemon Master and somehow they also save the world.
    While Serena & Clemont has a goal that doesn't need much focus.
    For example,
    Serena become a Kalo queen and finds out that Kalo queen also work as an ''Image Girl'' of Kalo League ! Therefore she become The MC (League Announcer) of Kalo League like Vivian & Lilian.
    While Clemont work as an engineer who renovate The League's Electrical equipment.

By the way , All of you does know Vivian and Lilian . right ?-
    is there any point?

yeah man, that was the season that was all battling wasn't it (the screen you posted) does Ash ever win a pokemon league? I remember pokemon being in a stadium, is there any more recent versions of that, I always liked them as it focussed on the battles more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    I stopped it watching in the middle of hoenn region. I think Pokemon can get repetitive because of the same formula of Ash collecting badges from gym leaders. Also, most of the episodes have same sequence with team rocket trying to capture Pikachu and then they get blasted. One of the things, I like about Pokemon is its full of adventure. I really like adventure. Ash and his friends travel around the world. I also loved the last battle of Ash and Gary. who can forget that? I think the anime should focus more on shipping. Things may get interesting if they make it more shipping oriented now. That is just my view.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    Really at the end of the day people judge the anime but forget some stuff like the fact target demo plus the fact it runs on a 3/4 yr cycle. So they can reuse stuff since the kids from one cycle move on a new one comes. (Not to say kids don't watch older series and get references to older ones) Plus GameFreak is kinda too blame since the games are the same so rthe anime doesn't have too much freshness to use. This could be said about a lot of games in a long running series too however. I guess that is why I enjoy original anime plots like the summer camp arcs and the Korrina/Lucario arc. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Really at the end of the day people judge the anime but forget some stuff like the fact target demo plus the fact it runs on a 3/4 yr cycle. So they can reuse stuff since the kids from one cycle move on a new one comes. (Not to say kids don't watch older series and get references to older ones) Plus GameFreak is kinda too blame since the games are the same so rthe anime doesn't have too much freshness to use. This could be said about a lot of games in a long running series too however. I guess that is why I enjoy original anime plots like the summer camp arcs and the Korrina/Lucario arc. :)

Actually, the games do try to do some variances to spice things up, not to mention the games actually have their own distinct plots, with only tangential references to prior games sufficing (like how the Red Gyarados event was alluded to in the beginning of Diamond and Pearl).

And honestly, the target demographic is not an excuse for basically repeating things. Do I really need to remind you that many Disney shows have the same target demographic as Pokémon, yet even THEY were better written than Pokémon is currently, not to mention don't repeat themselves to be pointless? Or how about Beast Wars: Transformers? This isn't Dragon Tales, after all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I prefer the first few leagues compared to what we have now.

1st league was good because Writer planned Ash to be Top 16 So they didn't had to rush the League ark .
    But now They rush it .
    Seriously , They try to end The League Conference in just 5 episode even though Tournament ark take a lot of episode .
    A Proper and Well-Written League conference will atleast take more then 15 episode !
    Why on earth the writer tries to end it in Just 5 episode .
    A proper league Conference not only has to focus on Ash , It has to introduce his Competition and show their development , Put some mini training , have a good ceremony and organize ranking system.
    An Average Full Battle take 2 episode ! Just imagine how many episode 5 Full Battle will take ,

Here The structure of proper League Conference---

--- Start with 3 on 3 battle : 2 episode

---Double Battle round : 2 episode.

--- A Triple Battle : 1 episode

-- 5 full battle : 10 episode minimum .

And it only if The League only focus on Ash reaching top 2 ! It will take even more episode if the League also focus on Ash's other Competition , Their Battle and other stuff in the League.
    Why Do you think all Other Anime spend an entire season (52 episode) on a Tournament ? Example : Beyblade , Yugioh , Gundam build fighter , Inazuma Eleven .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    1st league was good because Writer planned Ash to be Top 16 So they didn't had to rush the League ark .
    But now They rush it .
    Seriously , They try to end The League Conference in just 5 episode even though Tournament ark take a lot of episode .
    A Proper and Well-Written League conference will atleast take more then 15 episode !
    Why on earth the writer tries to end it in Just 5 episode .
    A proper league Conference not only has to focus on Ash , It has to introduce his Competition and show their development , Put some mini training , have a good ceremony and organize ranking system.
    An Average Full Battle take 2 episode ! Just imagine how many episode 5 Full Battle will take ,

Here The structure of proper League Conference---

--- Start with 3 on 3 battle : 2 episode

---Double Battle round : 2 episode.

--- A Triple Battle : 1 episode

-- 5 full battle : 10 episode minimum .

And it only if The League only focus on Ash reaching top 2 ! It will take even more episode if the League also focus on Ash's other Competition , Their Battle and other stuff in the League.
    Why Do you think all Other Anime spend an entire season (52 episode) on a Tournament ? Example : Beyblade , Yugioh , Gundam build fighter , Inazuma Eleven .

In all fairness, the Johto leagues was actually pretty good. Hoenn's league was somewhat bad (let's face it, if he doesn't advance at all, nor does he even decrease in rank, what exactly sets it apart from its predecessor?), Sinnoh's League was actually decent, having Ash actually increase in rank, the first time he's done so since Johto (that being said, he probably would have won it and at the very least challenge the Elite 4 had the writers obviously not wasted time earlier), and Unova did the impossible of actually outranking Hoenn as being the worst league ever.

Hopefully, the Kalos League will redeem Ash of that horrible turnout that was Unova, not to mention have him get Top 2 or even actually win the darn thing (I'll settle for Top 4 as long as it at LEAST redeems Ash's horrid turnout at Unova, but I'd prefer it if he actually does better than Sinnoh).

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    If you are worried about the same old same old in regards to Team Rocket then I'd recommend skipping straight to Season 14 (Black & White) as theres actually a story going on with Team Rocket. Really easy series to watch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If you are worried about the same old same old in regards to Team Rocket then I'd recommend skipping straight to Season 14 (Black & White) as theres actually a story going on with Team Rocket. Really easy series to watch.

The Problem with Team Rocket is that there is no progress in the relationship between them and The Main character.
    Jessie , James and Meowth aren't real villain ! They are just primary villain that maintain the strange friendship with the main Character.
    But for 20 year , They just remain 3 badguys coming after Pikachu ! Specially When Pikachu does not have any quality that make him more Special then any other Pikachu.
    Jessie , James and Meowth are similar to Keroro squad (Sgt Frog ) ! As You know , Keroro squad are allain that came to invade earth and often come up with bizarre plan to take over Earth only to be stop by the Main Character who also happen to be their best friend.

Honestly , I prefer Ash to put an end to Giovanni and Team Rocket ! Then Jessie , James and Meowth decide to create their Own ''Team Rocket'' and often tries to Con other trainers for Money while maintaining a strange friendship with Ash & Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The Problem with Team Rocket is that there is no progress in the relationship between them and The Main character.
    Jessie , James and Meowth aren't real villain ! They are just primary villain that maintain the strange friendship with the main Character.
    But for 20 year , They just remain 3 badguys coming after Pikachu ! Specially When Pikachu does not have any quality that make him more Special then any other Pikachu.
    Jessie , James and Meowth are similar to Keroro squad (Sgt Frog ) ! As You know , Keroro squad are allain that came to invade earth and often come up with bizarre plan to take over Earth only to be stop by the Main Character who also happen to be their best friend.

Honestly , I prefer Ash to put an end to Giovanni and Team Rocket ! Then Jessie , James and Meowth decide to create their Own ''Team Rocket'' and often tries to Con other trainers for Money while maintaining a strange friendship with Ash & Pikachu.

In all fairness, their fixation on Pikachu stemmed from their first defeat against him in the second episode, especially given the amount of electrical output it generated, enough to actually blow up the Viridian Pokémon Center completely with them in it. Keep in mind that until then, they had absolutely no interest in Pikachu, even explicitly stating that they had no interest in that "electric rat" due to it not being rare and valuable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    In all fairness, their fixation on Pikachu stemmed from their first defeat against him in the second episode, especially given the amount of electrical output it generated, enough to actually blow up the Viridian Pokémon Center completely with them in it. Keep in mind that until then, they had absolutely no interest in Pikachu, even explicitly stating that they had no interest in that "electric rat" due to it not being rare and valuable.

Except , Pikachu didn't destroyed Viridian Pokemon Center .
    It was Koffin's Gas that got conducted to Pikachu's Electricity and blow up the Pokemon Center.

Back