• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this a good laptop?

Ichigo_Kurosaki

*Cuts in half*
    Years
    I came first in my exams this year and my parents said they would buy me any laptop I wanted and I saw a HP dv7e laptop and I was wondering if it would be a good choice.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    It really depends upon what you plan on using the computer for. Seeing as I can't even find the DV7e on the HP website, I'm not sure what the specs are, but I looked at the dv7t series notebook line and for general internet surfing, email, social networking, and media viewing, the DV7t looks like it would work just fine. Depending on the Graphics processor, the DV7e may or may not be very suitable for newer games, but should be able to play older classics like Warcraft or Halo just fine.

In terms of school use, most computers on the market should be able to handle Microsoft Office easily as well as most other generalized productivity suites and programs.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    ASUS and Lenovo are the best brands for high-end laptops. Lenovo ThinkPads are absolutely wonderful, and if you can afford one, I highly recommend you get one. For low-end laptops, brand doesn't really matter as much. CyberPower also offers some quality laptops.

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    Take this from me - HP is possibly one of the worst brands out there, they're not afraid to load your PC with crap left and right, from advertisements to "Needed" updates.

In the past 4 years I've had both an HP laptop and an HP desktop and believe me I'm never making that mistake again.

I'd be able to help you out more but I googled that computer and nothing came up. The second result was this thread :P

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    If you are looking for one to work on for school. I would recommend the Intel Core 2 Duo higher-end or the AMD Turion X2 higher-end. I have the AMD Turion because it was cheaper at my local store. But, they are okay as long as you don't install a massive file... like CoD 4. Lol

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    I you want it to play pokemon games mine's fine for that, and wathing the film and tv shows, it doesn't like lastest games much, cod4 and burout paradise lag a little bit, but games like need for speed underground to undercover work fine and I have a sony vaio VGN-NW20EF

BigBlastoise

The Big B-Turtle
    Years
    Take this from me - HP is possibly one of the worst brands out there, they're not afraid to load your PC with crap left and right, from advertisements to "Needed" updates.

In the past 4 years I've had both an HP laptop and an HP desktop and believe me I'm never making that mistake again.

I'd be able to help you out more but I googled that computer and nothing came up. The second result was this thread :P

Amen! You are like a carbon copy of me. Those are the words I would say if I had thought about the HP. I don't ever think about it because I always suffer from a mental block when I hear it. HP is the cheapest brand, the slow your computer down with their "virus and cookie adapter", and by far, they fall apart real easily. I recommend getting an Intel made computer. Preferably, Lenovo.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Thirding everyone else. D: Unless it's the only computer with those relative specs you can afford, try anything but HP. They're an awful company and their laptops especially are prone to failure. They might've improved in recent times but everyone I know who's had an HP in the last couple of years has had major issues with them.

I have no real suggestions (though a lot of my friends have and love their Dells) but HP has been the source of much frustration for me so I can't recommend it.

Back