• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this creepy?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    As you all know Brock, Ash, and Dawn is traveling together.

Ash's birthday is May, 22nd 1986, because according to the Electric Tales of Pikachu, Ash, was 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days, and the showed aired in Japan on April, 1st 1997.

Brock's birthday is April, 29th 1982, because he was 15 when he first aired on April, 29th 1997.

Dawn's birthday is April, 8th 1997, assuming Team Rocket was right in saying they have been chasing Pikachu for longer she'd been alive. They said this on September, 28 2006.

And the latest episode aired March, 4 2010 in Japan.

This would make Ash 23 years old and 9 months.
    This would make Brock 27 years old and 10 months.
    This would make Dawn 12 years old and 10 months.

Don't you think it is kind of creepy that a 12 year old is traveling with a 23 and 27 year old guys... -__-

Years
  • Okay, just so you know in the anime, I'll bet it's only been A FEW MONTHS ever since Ash began his journey. So he's still 10, Brock is still 15, and Dawn is still 10.

Why did this happen? As it turns out, the producers admit they never expected for the anime to continue after the Indigo League. However, since Pokemon went worldwide, and fans asked for more, the producers had no choice but to continue the anime.

They cut out a lot of stuff, like the humor we had in Season 1, the girls, etc. I'll explain all.

They changed the girls because the producers want to give the boys new eye candy, so they won't get bored.

As for the humor, as the times have changed, few parents would like their children to hear some stuff they don't want their kids to know just yet, like streakers, and stalkers.

And, the reason they won't age is because new kids always watch the anime, and if they aged they would have to go back to the beginning...and, it lets them feel they haven't missed anything.

Does this answer your question?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    People in cartoons don't age. Ash is still ten, as stupid as it is. So no, it isn't creepy, it's just idiotic. ;)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Hahaha, that's pretty funny. But like others have said, Pokemon isn't one of those programmes where the characters age. In one of the episodes in Indigo League it had said Ash had been travelling for over a year, but in the 10th movie Ash still says he's 10 (from what I remember).

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • That's pretty funny. But let me ask you this....

Is Mickey Mouse 83?

In all technicality he is about that old, but he doesn't ever seem that old in the cartoons. I actually heard this quote on the official Pokemon website, and it is true enough. Ash will never technically age. Now in my opinion he looks older then 10 (I think Red looks 10) but that is a question of how much you think he's grown. I've always thought that age in cartoons is like that. Sorta fill in the blanks. But that is funny how you made note of that.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • My birthday is also May 22. :] That couldn't be any more awesome. Though obviously the characters haven't aged that much. You can tell just by looking at them. That Team Rocket line is quite weird though. O.O

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Okay, just so you know in the anime, I'll bet it's only been A FEW MONTHS ever since Ash began his journey. So he's still 10, Brock is still 15, and Dawn is still 10.

Why did this happen? As it turns out, the producers admit they never expected for the anime to continue after the Indigo League. However, since Pokemon went worldwide, and fans asked for more, the producers had no choice but to continue the anime.

They cut out a lot of stuff, like the humor we had in Season 1, the girls, etc. I'll explain all.

They changed the girls because the producers want to give the boys new eye candy, so they won't get bored.

As for the humor, as the times have changed, few parents would like their children to hear some stuff they don't want their kids to know just yet, like streakers, and stalkers.

And, the reason they won't age is because new kids always watch the anime, and if they aged they would have to go back to the beginning...and, it lets them feel they haven't missed anything.

Does this answer your question?

Even though I agree in the anime that they never, ever age, I had to point this out and say Ash has countless times referred to "over the years" with Pikachu, so even if the anime were to actually allow anyone to age, Ash would certainly be at the very least 12.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Like everyone else pointed out, they are basically stuck in slow-motion as it comes to aging.

On an extremely boring day, me and my friend decided to have a pokemon marathon (thanks to pokemonepisodes.org) and there was a part where Ash had a party to celebrate him and pikachu being together (no, not that way!) for one year. After doing a lot of math, we decided it had to have been four or five years since Ash left pallet town.

BUT I think they are still ten, because, if you put the main characters up to someone older (when May is dancing with James in Lucario and the mystery of mew, for example) you will see they look like little children still.

Years
  • I'd like to point out Brock's siblings.

Here they are in Episode 5 (Very early into the series)
    IN145.jpg

Episode 1 of Chronicals (After Johto)
    043.jpg

Episode 451 (Battle Frontier)
    Brock%27s_siblings.jpg

Don't even try to convince me that those kids are 23.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Deja vu, Kirbychu. hey, that rhymed!

...Anyway, I think that Ash is 14-15, Dawn is 12-13, and Brock is 16-17. Just because they look like it and I've been watching forever. *shrugs*

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I just quoted a few stuff, so don't get upset if you didn't get quoted. :P

but in the 10th movie Ash still says he's 10 (from what I remember).

I never watched that movie, so I wouldn't know.

Eew, I feel sorry for Dawn. :O

:D

My birthday is also May 22. :] That couldn't be any more awesome. Though obviously the characters haven't aged that much. You can tell just by looking at them. That Team Rocket line is quite weird though. O.O

You share your birthday with Ash! :D
    Yeah, I was looking up funny quotes Jessie and James had said, and that line turned up...

Like everyone else pointed out, they are basically stuck in slow-motion as it comes to aging.

On an extremely boring day, me and my friend decided to have a pokemon marathon (thanks to pokemonepisodes.org) and there was a part where Ash had a party to celebrate him and pikachu being together (no, not that way!) for one year. After doing a lot of math, we decided it had to have been four or five years since Ash left pallet town.

BUT I think they are still ten, because, if you put the main characters up to someone older (when May is dancing with James in Lucario and the mystery of mew, for example) you will see they look like little children still.

Yeah, I guess that is reasonable. I was just doing age from a real view. (not that your's isn't bad. It's good, too.
    emot-sweatdrop.gif
    )

I'd like to point out Brock's siblings.

Here they are in Episode 5 (Very early into the series)
    Spoiler:

Episode 1 of Chronicals (After Johto)
    Spoiler:

Episode 451 (Battle Frontier)
    Spoiler:

Don't even try to convince me that those kids are 23.

They wouldn't be 23. They would be about 18!
    smile.gif

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • See with a show like this, the episodes follow only a semi-timeline. Unlike shows like the Simpsons or Family Guy, there is no actual timeframe. Each episode has in a sense its own world it exists in and nothing alone. But since there is a plot that runs through each episode, there is less of a canon effect. So while they progress and move along their journey, no time is actually elapsing. Otherwise, like everyone's said, Brock and Ash would be in their 20's. But like I saw someone say, since more kids get into it, they keep the characters from aging, so they don't go back to like Episode 1 of the very first season and be confused. It's also got alot to do with them keeping it a show aimed for kids. No 10 year old would want to see their hero Ash as a middle aged guy walking around with a girl their age...its just super unepicly creepy. So they keep them at the ages (appearancewise) they originally were debuted in.
    I did notice one tiny bit of trivia in the Hoenn region (I think so at least) where Ash and Brock make the comment about Team Rocket's generic pitfall trap and how theyve been doing this for years, they should be used to it. So there you see how they follow a flow a time pattern but are seemingly unaffected by aging.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • You have to remember is shows that it's not in real-time. Poke-time, or time that is not based on ours. 2 years of our time could be like 4-6 months of ours. I think I read that Ash is 15-17 now. That could be false but he is not in his 20's.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It's been said that Ash and co. will never age. Also, The Electric Tale of Pikachu is an alternate canon.

But to answer the question, if that were correct, I don't think it would be creepy. At least it's better than just letting kids run around themselves. Would it be creepy if she was traveling with Rowan?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    You have to remember is shows that it's not in real-time. Poke-time, or time that is not based on ours. 2 years of our time could be like 4-6 months of ours. I think I read that Ash is 15-17 now. That could be false but he is not in his 20's.

I was basing that off of available information. Ash was about 10 or 11 years old when he got Pikachu, so he is about that old after awhile.

Would it be creepy if she was traveling with Rowan?

emot-suicide.gif

Last edited:
    Back