• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen is this possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
  • was talking to my friend today. we were talking about pokemon crystal. he says you can get shiny versions of the legendaries. i told him you can because there is only one of them. so now im asking is it possible to get shiny legendaries or not?

AuraAshley

Years
  • really? didnt know that. thouight you couldnt get a shiny legendary

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • It's entirely possible. Most people just reset over and over until it appears shiny. Waste of time if you ask me, it's not like it makes them stronger.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • of course you can

though its almost impossible u can and people have.

not to brag but my dialga is shiny. i dnt do anything special i jst walked up to it and clicked on it like everyone else does. i was so excited i almost peed my pants

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Ah, no, they weren't. It was just a common misconception amongst players and was as true as saying that mashing A and B would turn your Pokeball into a Masterball.
    Quoted for truth. It was a common misconception -- shinies weren't stronger in GSC.

(Amongst my friends, the rumor was that holding down B when using a Pokeball made it work better)

AuraAshley

Years
  • Quoted for truth. It was a common misconception -- shinies weren't stronger in GSC.

(Amongst my friends, the rumor was that holding down B when using a Pokeball made it work better)

in actuality the rumor was true. i would hold left button + B and the ball would work better

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • in actuality the rumor was true. i would hold left button + B and the ball would work better

Even I thought that way but it totally depends on luck. About shiny legends too its pure luck that plays its part.

Years
  • It has a -little- more truth to it than the A / B thing.

If a Pokémon's Speed, Defense, and Special IVs are 10, and its Attack IV is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, it will be shiny.
    Which means they will have slightly higher speed/defense/special attack/defense than average and it's possible they have a 15 Attack IV, which is maximum.

Didn't the Daycare Egg also always have all 10 or 15 IVs? I think something like that contributed to the rumors.

Anyway, people misunderstood the link between IVs and Shininess, and that rumor was started.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    ^ But that was only applicable for G/S/C.
    Anyways, it is true that you can get Shiny Legendaries in G/S/C too, by resetting the game again and again.
    But they are nothing special. Just different coloured... I like most Pokemon when they are NOT shiny, actually...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Just like everyone has said before me yes you can get legendaries shiny don't mean to brag but I have a shiny Latias and Latios both non-hacked the Latias took me about 16 hours to find my Latios I don't really remember but if you plan on trying to look for shiny pokemon I watched a video on Youtube and the person said that when you're looking for shiny pokemon you should listen to music to pass the time. The soundtrack I listened to when looking for my Latias and Latios was: Star Wars the Clone Wars Original Motion Picture Soundtrack that's one I would recommend you listen to while you go shiny hunting but only if you want to.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Just like everyone has said before me yes you can get legendaries shiny don't mean to brag but I have a shiny Latias and Latios both non-hacked the Latias took me about 16 hours to find my Latios I don't really remember but if you plan on trying to look for shiny pokemon I watched a video on Youtube and the person said that when you're looking for shiny pokemon you should listen to music to pass the time. The soundtrack I listened to when looking for my Latias and Latios was: Star Wars the Clone Wars Original Motion Picture Soundtrack that's one I would recommend you listen to while you go shiny hunting but only if you want to.

You were very lucky to find a shiny roaming pokemon. Listening to music does help a few but it just bothers others. And the guy who started the thread was talking about crystal and not R/S/E :P.

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
  • I have actually had the privilege of seeing a shiny legendary in Pokemon Crystal. My friend was roaming around for Raikou, and the little "Legadary Music" started, and the next thing we know: Shiny Raikou. It was pretty intense.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
  • It's entirely possible. Most people just reset over and over until it appears shiny. Waste of time if you ask me, it's not like it makes them stronger.

no theres an easier way
    just say your friend has the legendary already so he trades to you and then when you encounter the legendary it will be shiny. so i've herd

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • no theres an easier way
    just say your friend has the legendary already so he trades to you and then when you encounter the legendary it will be shiny. so i've herd

No offense but that's utter crap. I don't know who told you that but you should smack them for being so stupid.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • A friend of mine had a Shiny Entei.....That was his pride and joy, and he got offers from EVERYBODY.....but he never traded it. It probably died alongside the battery in the cartridge by now. XD

So yes, its possible but you have to be VERY FREAKING LUCKY.

:3

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    wait, i thought pokeballs became better the more turns there where in battle.

i was fighting Heatran and i put it to 1 hp (false swipe) and put it to sleep. Started chuckin ultra balls. none worked to say the least.

then i switch to hm slave, and started FLASHING over and over again to waste turns. ultra ball? caught.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Yes you can get shinies in Crystal, hence the Egg from the Daycare which has a 50% chance of being shiny and the Lake of Rage which is always shiny. So yeah but it just takes forever.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back