• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen is this possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Yes you can get shinies in Crystal, hence the Egg from the Daycare which has a 50% chance of being shiny and the Lake of Rage which is always shiny. So yeah but it just takes forever.

Is that really true because I've played through Crystal about 60 times and I've never had a shiny from that egg

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Yeah. You can get pretty much every pokemon shiny.
    I have a shiny Dialga, my friend sent it over to me, so I don't know if it's hacked or not

Is that really true because I've played through Crystal about 60 times and I've never had a shiny from that egg

Yeah. It is true, but sometimes you're just plain unlucky.
    I've never gotten a shiny from that egg either :/

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It is possible to get shiny legendary Pokemon. Since shiny Pokemon in the second generation were reliant on their IVs, they were generally weaker than what trainers would've liked for competitive battling which is why you would rarely see shiny Pokemon in serious tournaments.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Why do you think so many people soft reset for them? Of course you can. There's plenty of YouTube videos showing nonhacked shiny legendary findings via soft resetting. Check'em out if you want visual proof.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    My brother has a shiny Dialga, it's funny though. Me and him both prefer normal colored pokemon more.

ianmichael7

Pokemon Fayt Creator
    Years
    It is possible, I actually got a shiny Ho-oh the second time playing through Crystal... Though it was quite some time ago... I didn't know how rare it was... so you can never see it coming...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    ...is it me or is everyone saying the same exact line since post 2?

Yes you can.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back