• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Yu-Gi-Oh over?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    GX is cool but obviously made because they couldn't continue the whole pharaoh thing. but on the other hand i think people would be just about ready to kill the creators if they tried to cling on to it.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • There were 5 seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh! (only seasons 2 through 5 were translated for america) and 1 season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX...

I liked the first ones better, the only character I've liked in GX is Zane.

Years
  • I'll miss it because everyone needs soap opera drama now and then. GX seems like a bad melange of high school humor and situations that the series didn't capture because they were busy being Jonny Quest.

I do hope GX finds its footing. Soon but until Joey makes an appearance, I don't care either which way.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
  • Yeah it'd be nice for "GX to find it's footing." It could be as good as the first if they weren't trying so hard to stay as far away from the first show in every way posable. And camios from well known characters would be nice, like to know what they are doing now, yes?

Years
  • That's a good point, they are really getting away from the series, granted there are some cameos (Yami, Para and Dox, a Joey reference and a reference to the recent season), but yeah, it's not the same.

Beyond Kaiba and his company being restored, I guess everyone else is hunky dory?

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
  • When did Yami appear?

...Oh, you're talking about episode 1. No, that was Yugi that Jaden ran into, all grown up. (He'd be 21.) Yami's soul returns to it's own time when he loses the final dual against Yugi at the end of the last season. GX starts (if I'm correct) somewhere around five years later.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I like GX. I mean it is a different taste. I like Yu-gi-oh and stuff. I mean it is a fun show to play ideas on. GX is a bit of a different taste. I mean I guess old fans may not like it but it save room for new fans. I say give everything a taste once.

Back