• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isla perdida [PG-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    OOC: @Konekodemon - Maybe some respect for Steffyace as the GM is in order? Just a thought. :]

Things were not looking good for Mira and Charmander the moment they stepped onto the boat to travel to the Hoenn region. Firstly, the spray of the sea had freaked Charmander out. He broken out in a cold sweat, seeming to insist that he'd fall overboard, which he'd tried very hard to tell Mira. She understood, with difficulty, that he was mighty scared of the expansive ocean.

Then after Mira had calmed Charmander down by wrapping him in her jacket as he sat comfortably on her knee, the boat had capsized. Mira thought it to be just her luck. She finally gets to go on a wild and exciting adventure and then the boat capsizes. Unfortunately for her, Charmander became uncontrollable, clinging to her whilst his small claws dug into her skin. Mira found no time to be scared about drowning, for Charmander kept her wildly entertained as her companions shuffled about, getting themselves to safety.

Katharine, as one point, threw her a life jacket. Mira shook her head, thinking momentarily about how ruined her clothes would be after taking a dip in the water and how she wasn't supposed to be swimming in denim.

"Charmander, you're going back into your Pokeball, where you'll be safe,"

Charmander, at the word 'safe' nodded very quickly as Mira returned him, hoping the Pokeballs were waterproof. She quickly checked that her life jacket was on properly, grabbed her back and Charmander's Pokeball before following her companions.

"What kind of boat is this if it has no life raft?" Mira muttered to herself, seeing others as they jumped into the water. It looked freezing and dark but Mira followed suit, not wanting to be left behind.

She was right about the water, it was freezing cold and the waves were too chopping for her limited swimming skills. At one point, as she attempted to keep Charmander's Pokeball above the waves and the bag in her hand, she felt herself go under. It was not long before she was hauled up again though by Darren who just pointed her in the direction of land.

"This life jacket does nothing," She spluttered to herself.

It was not long 'till she made it ashore with aching muscles. As she collapsed on the sand, she stared at Charmander's Pokeball, grinning to herself. She'd have been awfully upset if she'd lost the little guy in the struggle to swim to land. Rummaging around it her bag, she realised she wasn't that lucky, having lost her notebook and a couple of her t-shirts. Not that it really mattered to her though.

Hearing voices, Mira looked around whilst still collapsed on the shore, the sand sticking to her wet clothes. Men and women in what Mira considered to be very silly uniforms had appeared from nowhere, yelling at the small group asking if they were the new recruits. What new recruits, Mira thought. Do we really look like we're ready to be recruited?

She then saw her comrades she didn't even know, engage in battle. She didn't know who these wierd people were but they were not here to be friendly, she could tell that much. As one man approached her, she got a better look at the uniform. With a bold red letter 'R' on his front, Mira thoughtfully stared at him.

"Y'know, I could design you a much better uniform than that, whoever you are," Mira said, smirking as she did so. She rose slowly to face the man.

"Are you mocking the great Team Rocket!?" The grunt replied, his face turning red with anger.

"You must have anger management issues," Mira replied simply before releasing Charmander. The lizard Pokemon materialised very quickly infront of her. The grunt mimicked her actions, releasing his own Pokemon. His Pokemon, a very recognisable Gastly, was transparent in the daylight. Mira had to blink a couple of times before she saw the outline of the enemy Pokemon floating infront of her.

"Okay Charmander, we're on dry land now. No need to worry!"

Charmander turned to look at her for a second, nodding with confidence.

"Charmander use smokescreen!"

Dark black smoke emerged from Charmander, who tried with little effort to perform the attack. It engulfed the Gastly quite quickly though it did not linger long, the wind blowing it away. It was enough to allow Charmander to locate the Gastly though.

"Now use Ember!"

With a swish of his firey tale, flames shot from Charmander's mouth, directly hitting the Gastly in the face. The Gastly was hurt but not so much it couldn't attack. The grunt ordered Gastly to use an attack and it very quickly obeyed. A large pink tongue landed on Charmander's horrified face, continuing to use it's lick attack.

"Charmander!" Mira called. He seemed to be unaffected, just shaken that he had indeed been licked by a Gastly.

"Okay, finish this with Flamethrower!"

Flames even more powerful than the last erupted from Charmander's belly very suddenly. The Gastly was soon returned by the grunt who gritted his teeth, staring down at Mira.

"This ain't the last you've seen of Team Rocket! I'll be back with a more powerful Pokemon!"

He skittered off quite suddenly, leaving Mira and Charmander in a daze. The battle should not have been that short but it was.

"Yay Charmander!" Mira exclaimed, kneeling to hug the Charmander who seemed embarressed by the sudden attention from his trainer.

Looking up, Mira looked for Darren and Katharine before making her way up the beach to find them and meet her fellow trainers.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]Name:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Raydin Toronto

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Age:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 16

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gender:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Male [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Appearance:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Raydin is not someone that you would register as 'plain,' but at the same time He does not appear to be all that exciting. He is about 5'9 and the last inch is his spiky blonde hair. He keeps a few locks of hair down, so they cover his ears. He has light brown eyes with flecks of gold throughout his iris. His cheeks are coated with freckles, and they really stand out when he smiles. His skin is a light tan, but it appears whiter in light. Raydin likes to wear light American eagle Jeans that hang over his black converses. He likes to wear long sleeve shirts that leave only his hands uncovered. Above his wrists he has a silver watch that doesn't fit him very well. As a result, he's always fiddling with it, trying to make it more comfortable. He wears a pair of dog tags around his neck that he always looks at when he is troubled.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Personality:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Raydin is often described as Happy go lucky, or cheerful, and he is, at least…when he's around other people. When Raydin is alone, he goes through periods where he is depressed, and he often consults his dog tags during these times. Though he does do this when he is alone, he is not a loner and can usually be found hanging around a plethora of people. He actually prefers to be around other people, the fear of being alone driving him towards them. This is how he makes fast friends, but they don't know what brews deep within his mind. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Even though it is for his own purposes, Raydin is a very friendly person. He's very funny too. He's always the one to crack the joke or to have the first comeback. He lets insults roll off of him, and he can be very laid back when he wants to be. Though he has his problems, He really is a good person, and anyone who knows him will say the same.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]History:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Raydin was born into the small town of newbark to a very poor family. Aside from his mother Jackie, and brother Jason, he had no one else to do anything with, and nothing to entertain himself with. He felt over protected, and he had no idea why. When he turned 6, everything went to hell. Jackie Yelled at Raydin to hide under the bed, he did so, thinking that they were going to play a game. They never got to play his game. Strange people came into the house, and Raydin kept silent, thinking they were playing an exciting game of hide and go seek with these new people. About 5 minutes after they came in, Raydin heard two successive bangs. He grinned under the bed, thinking that the people had brought him fireworks. He stayed under the bed, hoping that they could find him faster, so he could play with the 'fireworks.' About 15 minutes later, Raydin gained the curiosity to venture beyond the bed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] It was a nightmare. A living nightmare. Raydin's only family members were on the floor before him. He didn't know they were dead, he thought they were just playing another game. He tried to wake them up, he did every thing he could, he even jumped on his brother at one point. Once he figured out what had happened, He was on the floor bawling, screaming his dead family member's names. After about 20 minutes, the neighbors came to find out what was going on. When they got there, they called the authorities. Raydin was sent to a nearby orphanage. The only thing that they could do for Raydin was to make him a pair of Dog tags, one with the name Jackie, and one with the name Jason inscribed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For the next two years, Raydin could barely cope. He went through hours of therapy, none of them helping at all. Eventually a girl named Josephine came into the Orphanage, she had a similar situation to Raydin's, only her mother had abandoned her and vanished. The two struck up a friendship, and they quickly became cheerful together. They spent every waking minute together, and as they became joyful, the other children began to spend time with them as well. Eventually this became Raydin's novacaine, his numbing device. He became friends with everyone that he could, and he became a truly happy child. Unless he was alone. When Raydin turned 14, and Josephine turned 13, they were both adopted, into separate families. This sent Raydin into shock, until he was given the phone number that he could contact Josephine at. This allowed him to survive his first year with his new family. As he got used to his new surroundings, he began to make friends, and he continued to move along.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] When he turned 16, his foster parents found out about the expedition to the ancient land of Hoenn, they insisted that he go, and he agreed, reluctantly. They hoped that his getting a pokemon might further help his depression, and so it began.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Pokémon:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Misdreavus

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Role-Play Sample:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [/FONT]

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
    pikakip
    Spoiler:

On a note for everyone, Legendarian Mistress can no longer attend the RP so Sandshrew is still open.

Breezy.
    Spoiler:

And sorry for the slow moving pace of the board, hopefully it will speed up soon.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    One Sorrow Returning from Unknown Depths

Ch-1 Post-1
    One Sorrow Returning from Unknown Depths

Raydin closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, taking in the various scents that route 29 had to offer. The mild scent of fur, given off by the sentrets, pawing through the grass. The rich heavy scent of Black Apricorns falling from a nearby tree. The sounds that were emanating from the nearby areas were delightful as well. The pitter patter of various Pokemon, going about their businesses, The soft snoring of a sleeping HootHoot, broken only by the odd "Hoo…" Above all of the quiet sounds, he could hear various mechanical noises, coming from the nearby New Bark town. Raydin nodded slowly, fiddling with his dog tags nervously. A soft sigh escaped his lips, followed by a quiet, "Okay, I'm ready. I can do this."

As Raydin stepped towards the entrance to New Bark town, his hands gripped his dog tags even tighter. He took one step. A shudder passed through his body. As he gazed at the collection of buildings that made up this small town, He gulped, and he held his dog tags out in front of him.

"Mom. Jason. I don't think I can do it. I fear that I cannot move. My body is paralyzed with fear. This place contains memories that I don't want to remember. I-" A shudder escaped Raydin's throat, and tears began pouring down his face. "I…I don't think I can do it you two, but I can't just not try. I will attempt to do this, for you two. You sacrificed everything that you had to keep me alive, and I have yet to do anything useful with this life that you have given me. I will try. I can promise you that much."

A determined look shined through Raydin's mask of tears, and he took two steps towards New Bark. Then another two. Four more. 3…2…1…

Raydin stepped through the town's entrance with tightly shut eyes. He gradually opened them, slowly at first, then with a faster pace. Finally his eyes were open.

"I did it. I made it in mom."

Raydin spun himself around, taking in a 360 view of everything around him. When his gaze locked onto one particular building, the memories pierced his mind like a knife. They flooded back, each one more painful than the last. Raydin fell to the ground and curled into a ball, his fingers tightly interlocked behind his head. The images flashed in his mind, over and over again, much like a broken record. There was nothing he could do to stop the horror movie that was being played on his tightly clenched eyelids.

They Surrounded the building quietly, their outfits making them nothing more than shadows in an everlasting night. The plan would be executed perfectly, there wouldn't be a single snag. Raydin heard the front door slam, Raydin's mother grabbed him by the wrist and yanked him upstairs faster than he felt comfortable. As he reached the landing, he heard a scuffle downstairs and the sound of breaking glass, the picture frames that were near the front door. Raydin shook his head, mama wouldn't be happy with Jason for breaking her picture frames. Raydin felt the yanking slacken, then tighten once again as his mother threw the door open and pulled him through. She was yelling at him to hide under the bed. Raydin got excited and quickly squeezed under the bed's heavy wooden frame. He was uncomfortable under here, he hoped the game would be over soon.

Raydin heard a thud downstairs, it was quickly followed by fast thudding footsteps clomping up the stairs. Raydin grunted. Jason knew how much mama hated it when they clomped! He was gonna' be in Big Trouble with a capital B. Raydin saw two sets of black boots run past the bed to where his mother was standing. He watched the shoes leave, with his mother in tow. Raydin sat there, excited that there were other people to play with. He NEVER got to play with other people. This would be fun! From downstairs he though he heard a muffled sob. He thought it was his imagination. After all, why would his mama be crying when they were having fun?

Raydin heard two loud bangs, one almost directly after the other. Raydin's grin grew wider, the new people had brought fireworks! Raydin hid under the bed, almost eager for them to find him. He really wanted to play with the fireworks. The next thing he knew, he was racing down the stairs to go see where the fireworks were. Raydin stopped at the base of the stairs, looking at his mother's and brother's bodies. He smiled, he had no idea what had gone on. He thought this was all just a game.

Raydin let out a stifled sob, his face was pressed down into the dirt, sticking to the tears that had cascaded down his face. Slowly, at the speed of a drowsy slowpoke, his emotional pain began to fade away. When he could no longer feel the emotional sorrow seep into his bones, he rolled over, and gave a small jump. Floating above him was a darkened greenish colored pokemon. Its 'Hair,' came off of it in small curls, and faded to a light pink at the tips. It had wide yellow eyes with dark red irises that were staring down at Raydin with what appeared to be contempt. Its small mouth was a perfectly straight line, and it stood directly above its necklace made from what appeared to be pink orbs.

Once Raydin had gotten over the shock of seeing this creature above him, He quickly stood up and looked at it. As he was examining it more closely, a voice emanated from behind him.

"Well now, it appears that you are much better than you were moments ago. You're lucky that I was around. You might have just had a panic attack that would have placed you in a mental facility."

Raydin stood up and faced the man, who was wearing a large white coat, the standard garment of a professor. He directed his question towards the man.

"Excuse me, but who are you? What are you talking about? How did my…my…Daymare fade away like that?"

The man smiled. "I am professor Owen. I believe you are Raydin yes? Allow me to explain. The pokemon that you see before you is known as a misdreavus. Your foster parents Jean and Rick told me that you had serious emotional depression if you weren't around friends. Using that small tidbit of information, I chose your companion pokemon, this misdreavus. Misdreavus feed off of the negative emotions in humans and pokemon. I figured that this pokemon would prove vital to your journey, as it would absorb any negative emotions that you may have. That 'Daymare' that you just exited from proved my theory. The misdreavus successfully absorbed your negative emotions, and pulled you back from your subconciousness. Now, on to official business. Raydin, I hereby give you this misdreavus, to be your companion pokemon throughout your journies. Oh, take these as well."

The professor tossed Raydin a small grey device and a pokeball that matched Misdreavus's colors.

Raydin nodded. "Sir, this grey device is a pokedex correct? I also assume that this is my pokemon's ball?"

Raydin gestured towards the misdreavus with the hand that contained the pokeball, and was shocked to hear it activate.

Isla perdida [PG-13]

"Misdreavus The Bejewled pokemon. MISDREAVUS frightens people with a creepy, sobbing cry. The POKéMON apparently uses its red spheres to absorb the fearful feelings of foes and turn them into nutrition."

Raydin stared at the Pokedex, a grin just starting to form on his face.

Professor Owen nodded and smiled. "Very well then Raydin. I leave the rest of your Journey up to you. Oh, and there will be a woman and her associate waiting for you on route 29. They will take you to Hoenn. Well, goodbye Raydin. I will see you later."

Raydin turned towards his misdreavus as the professor began walking away.

"I think I'll call you-"

"OH! Raydin!" The Professor yelled back at Raydin. "That pokemon's a bit tough to raise, GOOD LUCK!"

Raydin raised his eyebrows and looked at the misdreavus, who was trying to ignore him with increasing difficulty.

"I Think I'll call you Umbra Stella. It means dark Star. Stella for short."

Stella turned her back on Raydin just as he began to sigh. This was going to be very difficult.

Raydin headed straight for Route 29, (with Stella following reluctantly behind him) when two people stepped out from the Route.

The Woman stepped forward and introduced herself. "I am Katherine, this is my associate Darren. I assume that you're one of Owen's recruits? Okay, You know the mission right? We're heading to the lost region of Hoenn. Who knows what we'll find there!"

Raydin smiled, Stella rolled her eyes, and the two associates grinned. Raydin had a feeling that his depressed days were coming to an end, fast.

Last edited:

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
    OOC: The Ooc Thread has been Approved so all questions or comments shall be posted there or PM me with them. And all talks in Ooc will be at that thread. Also any other SU's will be sent to the Ooc Thread from now on. Thanks.

pikakip
    Spoiler:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Ch1-2 A Life's Dream Within Life's Nightmare

Raydin leaned over the bow of the ship, taking in everything around him and inhaling the scent of the sea. His gaze turned downward to the water, and he smiled. There was a school of Goldeen swimming directly in front of the ship. He turned himself around so his back was facing the water and found himself face to face with Stella. Raydin smiled. Stella frowned.

Raydin sighed before he spoke. "Well Stella, Professor Owen certainly was telling the truth when he said it would be difficult to raise. It's been several days, and you haven't tried to bond with me once. I greatly appreciate your abilities, mainly the one that allows you to control my depression, but I want to be your friend Stella. If I'm going to be your trainer Stella, then we need to trust each other. Will you at least attempt to make a friendship with me?"

"Mis-mis-drea…" Stella said in an annoyed, bored tone.

Raydin nodded, and turned toward the water once again. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, and stepped back from the rail. He began walking towards the center of the ship, with Stella following behind like a tiny satellite. When Raydin reached a bench, he sat down and contemplated the events that had occurred over the past few days.

He hadn't seen very many people on the boat that could be new recruits, but then again he had no idea what any of the others looked like. The two leaders of the expedition, Katharine and Darrius had talked to him on a few occasions, but they hadn't given him any information that he could work with. They had just told him what he already knew, the Hoenn region was destroyed long ago, unusual circumstances had caused the experts to look into the region, and the recruits were going to explore it. It was the lost island. That was all there was to it.

Raydin sighed; he really wanted to know more about what they were getting into. He-

At that moment the ship lurched, and Raydin was thrown to the floor. Raydin slowly stood up, attempting to balance himself on the roughly shaking ship. Once again he was thrown to the deck, and once again he attempted to stand. Shortly after he gained his temporary 'sea legs,' he began to venture towards the ship's controls. About halfway there, he decided to go near the rails so he could stand up more easily. Then the boat slammed against the rocks.

Raydin was propelled overboard. The only things he could hear were screams and the crunching of metal. Then, seconds before he hit the water: "DREEEEEAAA!" Stella's scream resounded through Raydin's ears over and over again. Then Raydin hit the water, and he was enveloped in water. The sound of the metal screeching against rock was amplified under the water. Raydin covered his ears and began to kick his way up to the surface. Raydin's head was beginning to ache. He needed to get up, fast. His kicking increased, and Raydin began to see colors. Just as he thought he was going to pass out, his head broke through the surface of the water, and he took in four lengthy breaths. It was the sweetest thing that he had ever tasted. He opened his eyes to see Stella floating above him, with a slightly worried look on her face, which disappeared as soon as she saw that he was okay.

Raydin took a deep breath before speaking. "Stella! I'm so glad that you're okay! I was worried that you would have been injured…" Raydin paused and looked at the wreckage. "Wow that boat's never going to float again… Say Stella, I don't suppose you could get me to land could you?"

Stella rolled her eyes, and began heading off. Raydin smiled and began swimming after her.

Raydin crawled onto the beach, and rolled over onto his back. After a few minutes of relaxing, he stood up and looked at Stella. She was staring off into the distance, where a group of people wearing black were gathered. Raydin began meandering towards them, wondering who they were. After all, he didn't see anyone wearing black on the ship…Raydin narrowed his eyes and moved forward more cautiously.

When Raydin got closer to the group, one of them noticed him and broke off in his direction. Once she got close to him, Raydin took in every detail he could. She had short red hair covered partly by a black hat that resembled a beret. She was wearing a solid black tee-shirt with a large red R in the center. She had grey gloves on that went up to her sleeves, which were similar in color to her large utility belt. She had on a short pair of black shorts and a pair of tall black boots that wrapped around her calves. She stopped short a few feet in front of him and placed her hands on his hips.

In an insanely annoying tone she said to Raydin, "Where the hell have you been!? New recruits were supposed to have been here over half an hour ago!"

Raydin's eyebrows rose. "Recruits? Are you talking about the expedition to Hoenn?"

The woman let out a laugh. "What are you, stupid?! I'm talking about team rocket recruits!"

Raydin took a step back, a million thoughts flooded through his mind. Team Rocket. The evil group that stole Pokémon. They were one of the most infamous criminal groups in history.

Raydin shook his head. "Never, I'd never join team rocket! You'd have to be mental to even think about it!"

The team rocket grunt gritted her teeth. "You'll regret that! Go, Gastly!"

The grunt threw out her pokeball, and a small gaseous purple…thing appeared in mid air. Raydin's pokedex went off in his pocket.

Isla perdida [PG-13]

Gastly

The Gas Pokémon
    Although it can sneak in anywhere with its gaseous body, it can also be blown away by wind.

Raydin nodded. "Okay Stella, you're up." Raydin pulled his pokedex out of his pocket and opened it up. "Okay, your moves are spite, shadow ball, psybeam and astonish. Great!"

A determined look appeared in his eyes, and Raydin shouted out his first order at the same time as the grunt.
    "PSYBEAM!"
    "LICK!"

Stella nodded before she closed her eyes and turned towards the Gastly. A look of deep concentration appeared on her face. At the same time, the Gastly began charging towards Stella, its tongue hanging out. Stella's eyes flashed open quickly, and her psybeam shot out towards the Gastly. The beam hit the gas ball, and it knocked it back slightly. The Gastly shook its head, and it continued its charge in Stella's direction. The Gastly reached Stella and began to circle her, licking her in a perfect circle. Raydin bit his lip and watched Stella take the pain, the fear keeping him paralyzed…! Raydin cupped his hands around his mouth and began yelling.

"Stella, quickly! Break free of the lick and absorb my fear and negative emotions. Then use that energy to create a strengthened shadow ball!"

Stella nodded and broke free of the Gastly's terrifying lick-vortex. She hovered directly in front of Raydin and closed her eyes. Her necklace began to glow, and an orb of darkness appeared in front of her, growing in size with every second. The team Rocket Grunt Grinned, and held another pokeball behind her. She clicked it and released another Gastly. After that, she uttered one word.

"Shadow ball, both of you."

The two Gastly nodded and closed their eyes, allowing the dark energies to form into orbs. The three ghost Pokémon then released their Shadow balls. All three hit. Stella's hit one of the Gastly. Both of the Gastly's hit Stella. The hit Gastly fainted immediately. Stella was blasted backwards, she floated above the ground by about a half a foot. Her breathing was labored, and her eyelids were half shut.

"Gastly, Lick."

Stella didn't do anything to stop the attack. The Gastly came over and did a lick-vortex on Stella. All of her power was taken, and she collapsed to the ground. Raydin held out his pokeball and allowed it to return Stella. Without Stella's influence, Raydin's depression could not be hindered. He dropped to his knees in a state of shock. He looked at the grunt and realized that she was wearing a solid black uniform. Black. Just like the people who killed mama and Jason. Raydin felt numb. He looked up past the grunt to see a teenager of about 18. He stared at her and mouthed two words.

"Help me."

Then The Daymares took over, and Raydin collapsed.

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
    OOC: Ahh, sorry to say this but I can no longer continue with this board. I am asking Alter Ego to lock it for I don't wish for it to continue. But in the later future I will make a better one, and I will ask each and every one of you if you are available to RP on there. For now I am so sorry. But good luck with every other RP you go with, thank you.

- Seriously, I am truly sorry. I don't have a lot of time on my hands lately with School and Family. Sorry once more and have a wonderful day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back