• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island 8

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    The OOC is open! click HERE to go there.

Plot: Dear (insert your character's name here):

We have just discovered an island just off of the coast of island 7, and have decided to let you and five other children to start your journey and find out all you can while exploring this new island. We decided to call this new place island 8. We have chosen trainers from different pokemon schools throughout the region to come and explore island 8. I hope you will be able to make it to Pallet Town tomorrow to brief you about all we know on the island so far.

You will also be leaving tomorrow, so be ready to leave once you get into town. We have sent some researchers, but they haven't returned yet, so if you meet them, be sure to tell them that we worry about them. We don't know about any human life on island 8, but if you see any, do not be alarmed.

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to ask me about them tomorrow during the briefing. I hope that you can come to go.

Sincerely,
    Prof. Oak and assistants.

Where you come in: You are one of the six children scheduled to meet Prof. Oak tomorrow. You are going to be some of the first humans ever to research island 8. In the letter, he also slipped in a picture of the island, and it was divided into six sections. You have to take make your way around the island as a group to discover all the hidden secrets surrounding it.

Rules:
    1. No God-Modding. This means that you won't win every battle. Please leave all battle posts in the two pokemon both fighting to get up, and I will choose which one will get up. I will decide on a coin, so hope that you win.
    2. No Mary-Sues. Your Character can't be perfect. He/she has to have some sort of flaw that makes them different.
    3. Only six trainers will be allowed to start their journey. If I don't think you have the potential to win it all, then I won't let you start your journey. That means that this is not a first come first serve RP. Your SU should have detail.
    4. All PC RP rules apply.
    5. Catching a pokemon is the same as a battle. I will decide if the post is good enough to get it. So, be detailed in the battle.
    6. Please be active. If you are going to be away for more than two weeks and don't notify me, then I will be forced to open your spot to someone else.
    7. HAVE FUN! You have to have fun in this RP, or else I will have to rip your soul out:P

The Pokemon to be used as starters.
    Island 8

Buizel [Jett] (taken by me)
    Level: 5
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Sonic Boom, Growl, Water Sport, and Quick Attack

Island 8

Shikijika (taken by GaiaEdge355)
    Ability: Herbivore
    Attacks: Tackle, Camouflage, and Growl
    Form: You decide:)

Island 8

Vulpix [Wrath] (taken by pumpkinziggy)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Attacks: Tail Whip, Ember

Island 8

Ralts [Star] (taken by Eeveemaster9)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Attacks: Growl, Confusion

Island 8

Choroneko [Violet] (taken by PsychoJigglypuff)
    Ability: Limber
    Attacks: Scratch, Growl

Island 8

Riolu [Coronet] (taken by Nimblethumbs)
    Ability: Steadfast
    Attacks: Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure

Name: First and last please. If your character goes by a nickname put it in there.
    Appearance: Tell us what your character looks like. One paragraph minimum.
    Personality: How does he/she act. Also one paragraph minimum.
    History: What happened to your character before you started your journey. Please do not kill off your character's parents. Two paragraphs minimum.
    Pokemon Choice: Please choose from one of the six.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    ohai Killet, I'll sign up, but not yet! I'm a little busy now (besides, at least this way I'm sorta bumping the thread)

I'll probably take the Vulpix. If the Ralts or Poocheyena were Male (which would be awesome for Ralts [Gallade] and fits in the nature of a Poocheyena more) I would pick one of them.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    It's a little disappointing that the Vulpix is taken, but it's all right. I'll go with the Poochyena.

Name: Ruby Tenner

Appearance: Ruby is someone who likes to run around and get outside, so her appearance is quite athletic. She is relatively slim, and her long legs make her taller than average. She's not weak-looking, but she's not particularly muscular either, except on her legs, since she likes to run. Ruby has light green eyes that have a happy sparkle to them a lot of the time, and light brown hair that she keeps long and straight, a little past shoulder length. She enjoys bright colors, so she likes to wear short-sleeve shirts with colors like red and yellow, but her favorite shirt is a red one with a black sphere-looking motif in the middle to represent her favorite type, Dark. Usually, she'll wear black sweatpants, but if it's warmer out and she would get too hot in that, she switches to something like khaki shorts. Though she prefers short-sleeve shirts, she has a gray hooded sweater if it gets cold.

Personality: A lot of her personality is reflected in her appearance. Ruby loves being outside, and getting some fresh air puts her in a good mood. She enjoys exploring, so she is excited to go to Island 8. She's also very energetic, so she can get anxious and sometimes annoying if she doesn't get some of her energy out. She generally is happy and optimistic, and she doesn't let a lot get her down. She's creative, so she likes to write, and also can think of solutions to tough situations if she puts her mind to it. Ruby is intelligent, but she is humble about her intellect and she doesn't like it a lot when people compliment her for it. However, Ruby is not shy when meeting new people, and she likes making new friends a lot. If she has something she is particularly fond of or excited about, she can get annoying if she starts rambling about it too much. The one thing that stands out, though, is that Ruby isn't that confident in herself, and this can sometimes get in the way if, for example, she's battling Pokemon and is put into a corner. She does enjoy helping others, though, and she feels best after she's helped someone.

History: With a huge interest in being outside and running around, it was inevitable that Ruby would encounter all kinds of Pokemon in her exploring. When she was small, she liked to spend most of her time outside and look at different kinds of Pokemon that lived near her. She lived and still lives in the quiet Lavender Town, and often, she would head to Rock Tunnel to look around outside or inside it. But occasionally she would go to the tower and look around in there. Ruby has always been curious, so when she had heard that it was haunted, she wanted to check it out. Thus, she's had some fondness for Dark- and Ghost-type Pokemon for quite a while, which is the main thing that affected her choice as a starter.

Since Ruby loved exploring, she grew intelligent about the outside world, and when she was older, liked to go on the occasional jog to the route to the west of Lavender Town and see what she could find there. Although she never did get a Pokemon of her own, she did go to the small Pokemon school that was in Lavender town and learned a lot about them. She already had some experience from the field, but Ruby was eager to learn, and was very studious. Though she was very interested in battling, she also enjoyed the biology part of the Pokemon school. This is another reason that she is excited to go to Island 8; she hopes to see if the Pokemon there are any different from in Lavender town.

When she received the letter, she saw it as a huge opportunity to continue her self-conducted studies. Though she would miss being in school, Ruby would also enjoy something that was like a major field trip and exploring a new place.

Pokemon Choice: Poochyena, named Ayena
    EDIT: Since the person who wanted Vulpix decided not to join, if it's not too confusing, I'd like to switch to the Vulpix...? (named Wrath)

Last edited:

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
    I'd like to reserve Shikjika. I'm working on the SU right now, but I just wanna make sure someone else doesn't take it =P

EDIT:

SU done! Here we are:

Name: Sean Striker

Appearance:Sean has dull green eyes that seems to be layered with glass. His hair is a light shade of brown, cut short with the bangs hanging outward like a wolf's claw. His build is semi-athletic, but he doesn't have much muscles. He stands at 6'6", and is rather quick when running. Sean likes to wear caps, and has a truckload of them stored in his wardrobe. If you came to his house with your favorite hat on, it's highly unlikely that Sean doesn't have the same type of hat. He usually wears a white t-shirt and a dark blue converse jacket outside. His bottoms can vary; baggies, jeans, or whatever he came across the wardrobe first. His shoes are normal black-and-white converse, and he has a fingerless bracer stuck on his right hand. He never goes around without his Swiss Army pocket knife, and always fingers it when he senses something odd.

Personality: Sean is drawn-back and uninterested to the things going about him. He thinks negatively and is very suspicious of new people. Generally he is calm and friendly, though he doesn't often talk much. Sean can get highly overprotective about the people he cares about, and sometimes it annoys even himself. He carries around a pocket knife that he always grabs (bur not draw out) when he senses danger. Sean is also highly intelligent and independent, and can think a few steps ahead of the opponent. This shows especially as he battles with his strategies and whatnot. He prefers fast pokemon then exceedingly overpowered or bulky ones, because it allows him to veer into the depths of the opponent's thoughts and strategies. He doesn't have much interest in learning, and is very easily bored.

History: Born the 6th of a family of 8, Sean often goes unnoticed in his family. He has no friends his own age, though his biggest brother, Joseph, likes to play with him. His parents works very hard to feed their 8 children, and is rarely seen neither sleeping or working. Because of this, Sean is a loner, and doesn't have much social skills. He does enjoy exploring new things but does little to make it happen. He lived in a small island farther south of Dewford in Hoenn, and shows no interest in anything. He is often seen daydreaming.

He is extremely intelligent, though no one (but Joseph) in his family knows of it. His grades are average, ranging from Cs to B minus, but this is due to his laziness in doing classwork. In tests he often scores brilliant 100s. However, when he turned 12 his brother Joseph joined a dojo with his pokemon, Hitmonchan, and Sean decided to tag along. He showed great potential, but, as usual, little interest. However, due to this training he grew even more independent, and can be relied on his combat skills. When he received the letter from Prof. Oak and assistants, it took him more than a week to finally decide to come, due to his boredom.

Pokemon Choice: Shikjika (Winter), no nickname.

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    @ Dark Pulse94- Ya I thought about making Ralts a boy, but it made the genders uneven. Vulpix is reserved for you.

@ pumpkinziggy- Your accepted with Ayena. I love your character:) EDIT: You have Wrath now :)

@ Eeveemaster9- Ralts is reserved for you.

@ GaiaEdge355- Shikjika (Winter) is now officially yours. Congrats:)

@ PokemasterGS- Your reserved with Croagunk.

Sorry that took so long, I was on vacation. I hope for those who are reserved will get their SUs in ASAP, and we will officially start this RP:D

Last edited:

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    EDIT: sorry Killet, but I've got quite a few things going already, and considering that it's holidays, I wont be able to post in them all... sorry, but I'll have to pass on this one, you can open Vulpix up to someone else, and I apologise for the person who wanted Vulpix! but i'll notify them so perhaps they can edit their post

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    EDIT: sorry Killet, but I've got quite a few things going already, and considering that it's holidays, I wont be able to post in them all... sorry, but I'll have to pass on this one, you can open Vulpix up to someone else, and I apologise for the person who wanted Vulpix! but i'll notify them so perhaps they can edit their post

That is fine Dark Pulse; I know how you feel. Vulpix is officially open now!

EDIT: Vulpix is taken and Poochyena is available

EDIT 2: Here is my SU:D
    Spoiler:

EDIT 3: I have changed Poochyena to Choroneko. I hope this does not cause problems:)

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    Name: Kelsey/Bernkastel/Erika Vermillia

Appearance: Kels may be a fairly skinny girl, but that's simply because she's athletic. She has long, dirty blonde hair with three blonde streaks. She had bangs that are above her eyes(barely), and her hair is rather straight naturally. She has big brown eyes, and a pale face. Some may say she looks sickly, but that is simply her skin color, and she's a really healthy girl.

She doesn't normally wear makeup; maybe a bit of lip balm, but nothing else. It irritates her skin, making her extremely itchy. She has a wire-type muscle, unlike the bulky types most people have, so she's rather strong for a girl. Her hands are small and soft, and her nails are like a work of art. She maybe not wear nail-polish and fake nails, but they are like every girls' dream. Long, thick nails that are hard to break. Some people can swear they are fake, but upon further inspection; they are real.

Her clothing varies on her mood, but she sticks close to long dresses that are down to her heels. Short enough that she won't trip on them, and long enough so she can twirl to her delight! A lot of her wardrobe consists of pinks, blues, whites, and blacks, and all her dresses have long sleeves to cover her frail arms.

Personality: Personality wise, one could easily describe Kelsey with two words; Naïve and Shy. Though she is insanely kind, and willing to help the enemy, she is rather…Weak-minded? Her intellect is of normal degree, but she tends to throw in childish words and describe herself in sentences like: "Kelsey would be glad to have you as a friend!" She is rather social, and is full of energy. But, when she sees someone new(especially if their male) she curls up and is very, very shy. However, it's fairly easy to warm up to her within a few minutes.

However, Kelsey has been diagnosed with MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) so her personalities come in three different views. Kelsey is the kind one. Bernkastel (Bern) is the quiet, emotionless one. She never yells, and hardly shows emotion. Liking literature of all kinds, Bern will always have a book with her. She is always studying, and is the most intelligent of her personalities. She is also the most warped. Being motherly one minute to having a cruel smile upon her face. Bern likes to wear black and white, and likes to cover as much of herself as possible. Using her white, witch-styled hat, she covers her hair and most of her face. A good example of how introverted she is.

Lastly, there is Erika. She is the most vile and stubborn of the three, and is rather cruel when it comes to punishing someone. Her words are almost always harsh and sharp-tongued, and she is -never- kind. To put it bluntly, she's a punk with no manners. She likes to lash insults at people whom irritate her, and always acts like she is in charge. It would take a lot to warm up to the thick rock that is her heart.

History: Kelsey comes from a rather rich family in Kanto. With her mother apart of the Government and her father working with Professor Oak, it was obvious that they would have a close relationship with him. Having not seen Prof. Oak since she was six, he didn't know of her diagnosis until his father spoke of it to him during a meeting. Kelsey didn't have very many friends because of the bodyguards that constantly followed her, and most of her 'friends' consisted of adults or children she meets in the psychological hospital.

She was pampered a lot during her days of childhood, but now she works hard to succeed her parents. Having private tutors, she has never been near groups of children her age. Her only close companion being a Ralts she obtained from her father, she constantly treats Star respectfully as though it was human. She plays games with her, dines with her, and even sleeps with her. Their bond is very strong. Now that she is thirteen, and Professor Oak discovered Island 8, she was one of the children to be picked to undergo this adventure. She had never left her home city before, so this will trully be exciting for her.

Pokemon Choice: Ralts (Female) Nickname: Star

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    @ Eeveemaster9- Looks good. You are officially accepted:) Yes I did forget the age, but I was thinking around 11-14 was about the age that the characters would be called.

@ Everyone else- its doesn't matter if you didn't put an age, I will assume you are around 12 or 13:) Keep those SU's coming!!

PokemasterGS

I haz teh awesome.
    Years
    Sorry Killet I won't be able to join anymore. My creativity has run out and I don't know what to say on my SU. Sorry once again Ima mess.

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    @ PsychoJigglypuff- Choroneko is reserved for you.

@ PokemasterGS- Its fine. I know how you feel. Croagunk is now open!

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    You seemed to be lacking an obnoxious brat, so I provided one for you! Teehee~

Name: Catherine "Rina" Gallagher

Appearance: Rina is a tall and lanky redhead, with has a short bob haircut. She has long bangs that almost cover her eyes, so she usually holds them back with a headband. She has bright green eyes and freckles, mostly on her nose and below her eyes. She is a pretty active girl, so she is relatively fit. It's mostly her legs that are strong and lean, her upper body strength is rather lacking.

As for her attire, she is very much a T-shirt and jeans kind of person. Fashion is just silly to her. She usually likes shirts with pictures on them. Her favorite T-shir is a green one with a cartoon depiction of a Charizard saying "rawr". She loves to wear her blue jeans, and white tennis shoes, that aren't so white anymore, because she tends to get them dirty while playing.

Personality: Rina is kind of obnoxious. And by kind of, I mean very. And she means to be, since it's fun to act that way. She enjoys annoying people, and pulling pranks because she thinks they're funny. Unfortunately, she becomes the person that everyone knows, and nobody likes. She likes having the attention, even if it's negative, but wants people to like her too. She's just doing what she thinks is funny, but doesn't quite realize that she's the only one that thinks that.

She has being trying to work on her social skills, and being nicer. However, she's just to used to picking on people, that it's hard to change. She is determined to try though, and has good enthusiasm and energy. Hopefully, she can overcome this and become a better person. She is also pretty smart, and learns fast, but not so much when it comes to social interactions.

History: Rina wasn't always a delinquent. She was a rather quiet and bookish child at first. However, no one wanted to play with her, because she was too boring. She would often feel lonely, and started to crave attention. Since she was unhappy at the school, her parents decided that a change of pace would be better, so they moved to a different neighborhood, Viridian City. Realizing the opportunity, Rina decided to start fresh, and act differently so people would notice and play with her.

It was kind of awkward at first, but eventually she started becoming more active and outgoing, and she made more friends. It was good for a while, but it kept on escalating even further. Instead of just making jokes and playing around, she started playing pranks on people, and taking their stuff and running around with it. She also just got louder and louder. She started getting in trouble with her teachers and her parents for her behavior.

After meetings with the school counsellor, they decided that some responsibility would be good for her, as well as a change of scenery, so they recommended her to Professor Oak as one who should go explore Island 8. Rina had always wanted a Pokemon, so when she was chosen, she was very excited. She was also very curious to see what the Island would be like, and if she could make better friends with Pokemon than the kids at school.

Pokemon Choice: Violet the Choroneko

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    @ PsychoJigglypuff- You are accepted with Violet. Congrats:)

That only leaves one spot left before we start this RP, so get those SU's in!!!

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Ill reserve riolu. Ill start working on my SU.

EDIT: And here it is!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    @ Nimblethumbs- Your reserved with Riolu EDIT: Your accepted! Congrats!

@ Everyone else- Please post your team in the OOC thread and keep them updated with every captured pokemon.

EDIT: We will be starting on Sunday, January 9, 2011!!!

Last edited:
    Back