• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Island Scan

pkmin3033

Sun and Moon introduced the Island Scan feature, which took advantage of the 3DS' ability to scan QR codes by allowing you to find wild Pokemon not native to Alola - including starters! - once you had scanned enough, rotating them on a daily basis and depending upon your location. Whilst not as comprehensive as past features such as the DexNav, it nonetheless allowed for a little variation and, unlike the DexNav, was not unlocked only after completion of the main story.

So, if Island Scan were to return, what Pokemon would you like or expect to see available through it? Would you prefer a fully functioning "RotomDexNav" or something similar to replace it, or are you happy with QR codes as an alternative to finding Pokemon unavailable through regular encounters in-game?

Years
    I admit Island Scan was a great feature, since it allowed you to get some good Pokemon outside of the Alola Dex. Including both the Johto and Unova starters was great, since it never hurts having too many starters.

As for if I want a new "DexNav" in place? Not really, since I think the QR Codes were utilised well and it served incentive to make you want to scan them, even the ones you see on everyday items. But if it does gain DexNav-like features I wouldn't mind that either.

Back