• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It has been confirmed! PokeSpe HG/SS!

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Ok so I don't know if there is already a thread for this, sorry if I didn't see

Anyway it has been officially confirmed. PokeSpe is having HG/SS

It has been confirmed! PokeSpe HG/SS!

During the World Hobby Fair celebrated in Osaka, Japan besides showing small thing about Pokemon Phantom Champ Z (movie 13), they announced the manga edition for Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

As you can see Gold hairstyle changed a bit (clothing also duh!) with his pool cue With Silver just the same. Also is shown the team Rocket executives

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Wow, I'm kind of mad the dressed Gold the way they did. He just lost like 1/3 of his Goldness because of those shorts.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Gold looks like he's wearing leather pants in that picture. :|
    Other then that, I'm excited as much as everyone else is.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    You guys call yourselves Gold fans? Obviously Gold looks good in anything simply because he owns up that much.

Now that I look at it, I got a feeling that the Rocket guy who escaped at the end of Fr/Lg saga might have something to do with this. Also this cover still shows us no sign of whether we'll be seeing Crys, Kotone or Crys with a new look.

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    You guys call yourselves Gold fans? Obviously Gold looks good in anything simply because he owns up that much.

Now that I look at it, I got a feeling that the Rocket guy who escaped at the end of Fr/Lg saga might have something to do with this. Also this cover still shows us no sign of whether we'll be seeing Crys, Kotone or Crys with a new look.

I used to like Gold as my favorite male character, but the favoriteness faded away and Green pretty much took the title. However, I still think Gold is awesome and I really can't wait to see what happens in HG/SS.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012

Let's not get carried away here. Gold is still my favorite and Ataro still can kick any pokemon's ass. Sometimes your favorite character might not look good in something. Plain and Sample. The perfect example would be if they do a costume change on Crystal the same way they did on Green (girl).

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Let's not get carried away here. Gold is still my favorite and Ataro still can kick any pokemon's ass. Sometimes your favorite character might not look good in something. Plain and Sample. The perfect example would be if they do a costume change on Crystal the same way they did on Green (girl).

I definitely agree with Crystal's new look (if she's even going to be in the Manga...) and Blue's new attire (at least her hat is awesome). Doesn't stop me from liking those two though.

Skip Class

Years
    He's still my favorite character by far, as long asa he still has Ataro, Explotaro, Pichu and his awesome goggles I will live

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    *fangirl screech* :] This is so great! I'm totally excited for this adventure. I do like Gold's shorts actually. And I wonder how Kotone will enter the mix.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hope Storc's abilities get explained (how he turned Red etc. into stone.)

And if Pichu doesn't appear, it's rubbish, as Pichu with Gold's haircut (old one) is just awesome.Also, Gambling Togepi!!

Silver and Weavile will be just the coolest, specially if they're both riding on Red Gyarados

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Oh mi gosh! Finally, Ataro and co make a return. I cant wait till we see more. Also, is it me or does Gold look a lot older with that new hairstyle?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oh my Mew, this is amazing! I cannot wait for the scans to show up on MangaFox ^.^ Gold and Silver look great! Can't wait to see Crys's new design.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Has there been a release date yet?

And I'm hoping old villains pop up, like Mask of Ice and Storc. That'd be AWESOME.
    The HG/SS arc is being released in a different magazine, called Ichiban, and it's issue is due for release on March 25th.

I'm seeing the name of Storc pop up a lot in this thread. Is this the same character as Sird? The female member of the beast trio? Or is this a different character who I have no memory of? *confused*

But yes. Definitely Sird and Mask of Ice, and LANCE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A COMEBACK. Although if they make him old, like his sprite is portrayed, I'll be pretty disappointed. :/

Horah for Gold and his team! They look so much tougher and mature. <3 Time does that to people. Oooh, time. Though I'm surprised that the giant omega shadow of doom from the teaser hasn't been mentioned at all yet. No speculations?

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I speculate a deep plot concerning the Spikey Ear Pichu and its ties to being from another time. Twenty U.S. dollars that Gold's Pichu and the Spikey Ear Pichu fall in love (that'd be sooo cute <3!!!) Anyways, here's my theory:

TR begins to wreak havoc in Johto again under the rule of the new execs. As it turns out, their mission is to capture Celebi in order to travel back in time to stop Red from ever defeating Giovanni, hence allowing TR to dominate. However, they have little avail until the Spikey Ear Pichu appears in Ilex Forest while Gold is traveling through there (possibly with Silver and Crys). TR speculates that there is a correlation between the Spikey Ear Pichu and Celebi and so go after Gold to get it. Later on, Celebi is finally summoned and sends Gold, Silver, and Crys back in time to the time when Giovanni abandons Silver (pure speculation there) and Gold and Crys finally understand why Silver hated his father. Then, they find themselves lost in time until they discover...MASK OF ICE A.K.A PRYCE! Pryce then aids them in returning to their time and returns with them and his Lapras in order to undo his actions by aiding the protagonists in eradicating TR.

If this is spot on, then the creator of the manag is not as creativy as I think him to be.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I speculate a deep plot concerning the Spikey Ear Pichu and its ties to being from another time. Twenty U.S. dollars that Gold's Pichu and the Spikey Ear Pichu fall in love (that'd be sooo cute <3!!!) Anyways, here's my theory:

TR begins to wreak havoc in Johto again under the rule of the new execs. As it turns out, their mission is to capture Celebi in order to travel back in time to stop Red from ever defeating Giovanni, hence allowing TR to dominate. However, they have little avail until the Spikey Ear Pichu appears in Ilex Forest while Gold is traveling through there (possibly with Silver and Crys). TR speculates that there is a correlation between the Spikey Ear Pichu and Celebi and so go after Gold to get it. Later on, Celebi is finally summoned and sends Gold, Silver, and Crys back in time to the time when Giovanni abandons Silver (pure speculation there) and Gold and Crys finally understand why Silver hated his father. Then, they find themselves lost in time until they discover...MASK OF ICE A.K.A PRYCE! Pryce then aids them in returning to their time and returns with them and his Lapras in order to undo his actions by aiding the protagonists in eradicating TR.

If this is spot on, then the creator of the manag is not as creativy as I think him to be.
    That just might be the second icon/Pokemon pairing ever in Pokespe. <3

And that theory seems pretty creative in itself, so I'm sure you'll get some points matched up with the manga. Although...and this is something that I've thought since the release of the game...The Silver that talks to Giovanni in-game looks like he's not that much younger then the present-day Silver. And the manga version of Silver was kidnapped by Pryce.

At age two.

Unless Silver denied every child-growing and learning method in the real world by being a child prodigy (which, sadly, would not surprise me considering his ability level), there's been no time for him to have any discussions with his father, unless he's been talking to Giovanni off camera somewhere, wherever the guy's being kept right now. Either that, or it's brought about indirectly in Pokespe. It's been done before.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    We may see Silver finding Giovanni at his location of hiding in HG/SS (Where you fight him in-game) and then having some rather tension-filled yet heart-felt discussion. Or an awsome father-son battle.

Skip Class

Years
    I just had this random thought that Diamond, Pearl and Platinum would one day meet up with the original Pokedex holders?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I just realized that even though the cover has been released it's gonna take like a year or two before someone translate the chapters to that point. I mean we're not even up to the bit where Platinia challenges the Battle Frontier(big waste of time).

Back