• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen It takes 42 hours to get Mewtwo

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    if anyone was wondering, it takes approximately 42 hours of playying pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red to get Mewtwo.

just finished doing it myself.

now to put him through to my pokemon platinum.

Ayselipera

Maybe for you, but everyone plays differently so I would think the times would vary alot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    im pretty sure i took the shortest route to gain entrance to cerulean cave but... if you say so guys.

training the pokemon to beat the elite 4 took the longest.

and i only raised 4 strong pokemon with 2 HM slaves, i probably could have did it with 2 or 3 strong.

Years
  • I don't have mewtwo yet and have played for 77 hours OTL

What do you need other than beating the elite 4? (I beat it and still couldn't get in)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    - beat the elite 4
    - catch 60 pokemon (thats the other thing, didnt know i had to do this so i was doing this later)
    - get national Dex from Oak
    - Do Bills Sevii Island Missions
    - Do Celio's Sevii Island Missions. (get the Ruby and Sapphire for him)

and Cerulean Cave should now be open.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • It took be a good 14 hours to get Mewtwo. 1 hour for each badge, that equals 8. My Pokemon were usually good enough for the E4 for I didn't have to train. Took be about 45 minutes to sweep through the E4. = 8 Hours 45 Minutes. Finishing the Sevii Islands took me about 2 hours. = 10 hours 45 min. Then an 1 hour of free time. Then the battle.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I still don't have Mewtwo and I've had my copy of the game since the day it released. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I waited til 128 hours. Here's to the most time! Nevermind...Lightning... -mutters-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    bah anyone who's saying 15, 25, or wateva hours.

thats a dirty lie

coz you have to have pokemon at around LVL 65 atleast to beat the E4.
    and that takes time.
    training the pokemon took up most of my time, and i was VS Seekering ppl that give lots of EXP.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I waited til 128 hours. Here's to the most time! Nevermind...Lightning... -mutters-
    Well, we're both doing our part to "even" out the average so it all works out. 8)
    bah anyone who's saying 15, 25, or wateva hours.

thats a dirty lie

coz you have to have pokemon at around LVL 65 atleast to beat the E4.
    and that takes time.
    training the pokemon took up most of my time, and i was VS Seekering ppl that give lots of EXP.
    Ever try with just one Pokemon? Instead of evenly levelling 4 Pokemon, just powerlevel one of them. Makes the game super boring but you plow through everything with ease and by the time you get to the E4 it's so overlevelled you can get through them with some Full Restores and Ethers. :/ Or so I assume, anyway.

~Prodigy~

Dark Lord
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Uh, you can't say 'It takes 42 hours to get Mewtwo', because we all play differently. Some people will take longer, becuase they'll train up their team and try to catch Mewtwo later, which holds true for me, I took in total 52 hours, whilst some will speed through the game for the sake of catching Mewtwo, they can take record times. (My brother took 8 hours, no joke!) And some will do a bit of each. I find your arrogant manner to be very uncouth, you deserve a lesson in manners. If I were with you, I'd kick you.

Back