• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Item help? :/

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
    Years
    Hey guys, so I recently got into rating battles on the battle spot, and I have been having some success, I have a win/loss of 10/9, which sounds bad, but I have only fought 12 battles with my current team, and had one win before using them; Salamence, Dragonite, Staraptor, Aggron (mega), Sylveon, Snorlax. So yeah, not a good team combo.

But my new team is doing great, but I am not sure about the item choices if there is anything that would better suit them, as I am still no pro at competitive battling :P

Bronzong: (Twisted Spoon)
    -Psychic
    -Hypnosis
    -Trick Room
    -Iron Defense

Greninja: (no item)
    -Hydro Pump
    -Water Pulse
    -Extrasensory
    -Mat Block

Scrafty: (Black Belt)
    -Bulk Up
    -Crunch
    -High Jump Kick
    -Brick Break

Snorlax: (Leftovers)
    -Earthquake
    -Heavy Slam
    -Stockpile
    -Rest

Avalugg: (Ice plate)
    -Blizzard
    -Earthquake
    -Curse
    -Sharpen

Eelektross: (Magnet)
    -Thunder Wave
    -Charge Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Crunch

So I think it may be best to say that I only really take part in triple battles, as I find them more interesting, and then I usually go with this as a set-up:
    Bronzong, Greninja, <pokemon depending on what the enemy has>
    Greninja uses Mat Block to make sure my team is safe for the round
    Bronzong uses Trick Room meaning my pokemon, usually, go first
    Then the third pokemon will either set up with a bulk up (scrafty), curse (avalugg) or stockpile (snorlax) or attack the enemy if it is most likely going to die.

Then second round Bronzong will either use hypnosis, if the enemy is a threat, psychic is the enemy is weak to it, or return and switch out. Greninja always gets switched out as it is now the slowest pokemon in play (unless the enemy have a faster pokemon on their team), then the battle progresses from there.

But yeah. I am not sure about the item choices, so it'd be great to know if there is something better to use on one (or more) of them to either increase their attack or something useful :P
    Also, if there are any moves which may be more beneficial then that'd also be appreciated.

Thanks a lot
    -Jordan

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not gonna lie, I almost never do triples. Most people prefer singles and doubles. But I think I can help you out just a little bit here.

The first thing is that you should post the Pokemons' natures and EVs as well, since those are very important parts of any form of comeptitive battle. If yuo know what those are, post them.

Give Greninja a Life Orb to boost its damage output. Swap Water Pulse with Dark Pulse; there's no need to give Greninja 2 water moves, and Dark has fairly nice coverage.

Swap Heavy Slam with Return on Snorlax. While its a heavy poke, STAB Return with max happiness/friendship/tameness will usually out damage it, not to mention Heavy Slam can be a bit unreliable due to the weight factor.

Bronzong should use Gyro Ball as its attacking move, since it has better Attack than Special Attack. And its really slow, so it'll do more damage. As for an item, Wide Lens or something else to boost accuracy would be best since you're using Hypnosis.

Avalugg's special stats are terrible, so Avalanche is the better Ice attack for it, and benefits from Curse. Yeah, it doesn't hit all the opposing pokes like Blizzard does, but Blizzard does crap for damage with Avalugg. Also, it doesn't need Sharpen, since Curse raises both Attack and Defense already. Go with Recover.

There's no reason to use 3 Electric moves on a Pokemon. Many of Eelektross's good moves are B2W2 move tutors moves, so IDK if you can get those, but it gets Flamethrower and Grass Knot by TM, which are good for it. So keep Thunderbolt or Charge Beam and replace the other 2 moves. And give it an Expert Belt.

Hope this helps.

Back