• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Item you must always have on you

If you had a choice of Exp Shere or Amulet Coin what item would you choose?

• Exp Shere(What ever item you dont pick you will never see again)

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Amulet Coin

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwellowX

I like stuff short and sweet
Years
  • ok i am not looking through over 100 pages check to see if this has already been posted ok so if it already has been posted i apologise

Is there a item you must always have when playing R/S/E LG/FR?

the item i must always have is exp shere

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The one thing people don't like when I play their games for them is that I always have to buy a warehouse full of Super Repels. Why? I have a thing or two against random encounters.

SwellowX

Years
  • same with me i always but repels due to random zubats in caves you take 1 step after you just ran from a zubat battle and another zubat appears so thats why i also have to have repels

Marionette

¿ǝɹnɔ ɐ
    Years
  • I always have the Exp Share also c:
    i like to always be training a low level pokemon,
    either for evolution or team purposes.

SwellowX

Years
  • i have amulet coin also but it aint as important than an exp shere come on you must be greedy if you pick amulet coin over exp shere but thtas my opinion

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    This would be better phased as 'Item you always have on your person'... but whatever:
    I always have super/max repels...
    'cause those damn pokemon always know when I'm in a hurry, or my pokemon are hurt... so they can just POP UP! Damn them..
    So repels are a godsend.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I always used to have the Exp. Share, but nowadays I don't use it anymore. I just have the Pokemon I'm training at the front of my party and switch in a stronger Pokemon to take the damage. I don't put a lot of emphasis on hold items, so I rotate the Amulet Coin depending on the first Pokemon in the party.

Oh, and I love Repels too. I have at least 20 Max Repels on me at a time just because I hate having random Pokemon pop up in my face when I'm in a hurry.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • I always have my Max Revive and Hyper Potions and some Repels :P. Also some Full Heals they are needed asap. especially when your in a battle. or walking through a quest.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I always have repels with me. Weak pokemon should die.

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I normally use the EXP-Share alot when one of my low levels is holding it.
    The Amulet Coin isn't that good, it is only more money and EXP is more important.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I usually don't bother picking up the exp.share in most of my games :P

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Out of the choices, Exp. Share... though, I wouldn't even really say that I always have one. Sometimes I don't even collect it. But, it does come in handy.

In general, I always have potions, antidotes and full heals. In the beginning of most games, you need antidotes A LOT. It seems potions always come in handy. And full heals, obviously, do, too. I also usually have a large amount of Rare Candies 'cuz I wait till I REALLY need them to use them. :P

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • In the poll, I must have an Amulet Coin. Sorry Exp. Share, but I can always train my weaker Pokémon from the beginning till the end.

Also, I can't live in the Pokémon world without my Bike and Max Repels. Rare Candies are overrated and useless during EV training.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No question that Exp Share is much more valuable than Amulet Coin. Not only can you gain Exp points by having a Pokemon hold it, but you also get the EV points. There isn't an item in the game that is more valuable than that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back