• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"It's a boy! I'll call him...Accident!"

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Baby Names

• Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    • Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    • Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?

Note: This is written in future tense because the majority of people on PC have no kids. But if you do, feel free to answer in past tense.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Side-note: I LOVE this title. Very, very good!

On topic: If I do have kids, I'd honestly let my wife choose the name. I'm not the best at choosing names for thread topics on PC, let alone much more important things like child names. Unless she wants to name the kid something particularly egregious (like Skeletor or something), I'll probably have little-to-no objection with whatever name my spawn will eventually have.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Eh, sort of. I guess when a hear a cool name I like, I start to think I'd like to call any of my future children it.

• Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Lysander (Zander for short) or Lyserg (Shaman King. Yes.) for a boy. As for a girl (Which I would really like first) Rika, Crystal or Rebecca.

• Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    No way, I don't like very common names. Rebecca is sort of a common name, but I still like it.

Years
    Great thread title.

I'll never choose to have children, but sometimes I think about what it would be like. As for names, I'd go with something that's classic and/or timeless. In other words, old names that don't feel old (or ones that my hypothetical child could totally rock despite them being old sounding). Sophie, Audrey, Olivia, Maya, Hazel, Roland, and Galen are some names I like a lot and also wouldn't feel bad about giving a real child. I think it would be awesome to have a kid named Sidereus, but I understand that little Sid might not feel the same way so I would probably abstain from anything like that.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years

• Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often? Yes.
    • Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive? Jacob (Jake), Theodore (Theo), Amir, Sarah, Crystal. Nothing is certain at this point, though.
    • Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children? Don't know. I'll only know in the future.

Last edited:
    Years
    Some relatively old-fashioned 'normal' name probably, as long as it isn't too antiquated. I don't like most of the modern names. I don't have any examples in mind as I haven't been dealing with the topic a lot yet due to not having been in a situation that would require me to do so yet.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I do think about names. I like Adrian, Quinn, Nicole, and Duncan.

I try not to choose too common names. But who knows?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    Pheonix. 'Nuff said. I've already decided that my son's name will be Pheonix. Or Griffen. Or both. And no, there is no way my future wife will ever be able to change my mind.

If it's a daughter, then my wife can call it whatever she wants. Within reason. I will not be the guy with kids named Dweezil or Moonunit. Or Omit, but that's not as bad.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have a few names that I like and if I ever have kids, I will certainly put them up for debate with my husband. I don't think about popularity at all, if the name is nice then it's nice. I wouldn't go flipping through ~TOP BABY NAMES OF 20--~ to pick my kid's name.

For boys I like the names: Aden, Tanner, and Gavin.
    For girls I like the names: Alessandra, Sophia, and Theodora.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Nope, not one to do that.

Yes, plenty of them, and nope, I wouldn't really be indecisive.

Nope, the less people with that name, the more unique it is!

Years
    ♦ Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    NO, because I don't even know if I want kids at this point in time. When it comes to naming, I've decided I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it.

♦ Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    No. You see, the problem with that is I have a lot of original characters in my writing, and they have all these normal and awesome names. And I wouldn't want overlap if I were still writing. So it kind of limits my options. x_x; That's why I'd let the other parent name the kids. ;) *shot*

♦ Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Probably. I actually have no problem with popular names, despite mine being one of them. Sure, it'll mean my kid might have a few other people with that name, but it's not so bad. I live. They can too.

Ayselipera

Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?
    I don't plan on having children, so no. Although I do have a favorite girl name if by some miracle I change my mind.

Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Only one which is Flora.

Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    No. I know I would want to go with whatever I like or something you don't hear everyday. Popular names are usually boring.

Years
    I don't think about it much. I'll probably come up with stuff around the time I actually become pregnant and it's like, well, I guess I gotta do it now. It will probably be influenced by whatever country I end up living in at the time.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Yep! We had our names planned out for a long time... my son's name is Connor Patrick. If we have a girl it'll be Ava Lynn... if another boy we're still going back and forth on this. =P We knew for years the first two names though.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Omg, I'm totally gonna name my kid "Whoops".

Not really, I don't really want kids, so I haven't thought about it much.

Eh, not really. I've never found a name that I really liked.

Nah, I'd probably go with a more unique name.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I never want to have children. Ever. But that doesn't mean I haven't thought about what I'd name them if I had any. xD

If it were a boy, I'd name him Gerald, definitely. I'm not sure what I'd name a girl, cause I'm not too fond of girl names. And whether it was a boy or girl, their middle name would definitely be Amadeus.

I never go by what's popular, even with something as trivial as fashion, so why would I do so with someone's name? Besides, I love old fashioned names. They sound so manly. <3 I mean, unless it's a girls name of course. xD

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Baby names, Awww. <3 ;;

Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often
    I'd love to have kids, aren't they adorable? Well, I haven't thought of any name yet since I want to based them from my experiences/interests or my partner's suggestions. Possibly, the cute names that I have thought of already, those are japanese-influenced names, hmm, maybe? .. :'D

Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?
    Possibly, the cute names, those japanese-influenced names, hmm, maybe? .. :'D

Do you think that you will take what's popular into consideration when you have children?
    Maybe, but I don't think so! .. I'm not that sure.

Years
    We have a few names picked out.

Naruto

No really, Alexander, Daniel, Wyatt or Garret for boys, and Avery, Grace, and Natalie for girls. A unique name would be cooler to have that a really common one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Why is it when I first saw that you posted in this thread I had a feeling you were going to say that. XD

Anyways, I'm not too great with thinking of names, but when it comes to my own child I actually have a few ideas of what I could love to call him or her.

Male: Jake, Lloyd, or Marko
    Female: Elena or Serena (which imo would be great twin names)

I wouldn't take whether or not they're popular during that time into consideration, since I've loved these names and have been wanting a kid with one of these names for years now.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Do you think about the names of any future children you might have often?: No.
    Do you have favorite names that you want to give children, or are too indecisive?: I'm indecisive when it comes to names.
    : Most likely, yes.

Back