• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

its a doubles team with two Screens

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
Years
  • This is the team I'm thinking of right now. its a bit low tier but these guy I think are quite effective.

LEADS

Cryogonal
    calm (levitate)/(light clay?)
    -Ice beam
    -reflect
    -Light screen
    -recover

Sableye
    jolly or defensive nature (prankster)/(mental herb)
    -fake out
    -confuse ray
    -taunt or will-o-wisp
    -telekinesis or will-o-wisp

Cloyster
    adamant (skill link)/(focus sash)
    -Icicle spear
    -Explosion
    -Razor shell
    -shell smash

Cryogonal & Sableye

The battle begins the two are sent out and sableye will fake out the grater threats to cyogonal's Def and cyogonal will set up reflect first then lightscreen and switch out sableye if needed. thats why im torn with a prioity taunt or burn for phyDef and telekinesis for the ensured hit on my opponent.

Cloyster & Sableye

again Sableye fakes out the threat and Cloyster pulls off shell smash. boosting atk and speed at the cost of DEF. then next turn spear and confuse the foe. but i expect cloyster to die soon after unlesss hit OHKOs.

switch ins

Eelektross
    modest (levitate) (expert belt?)
    -acid spray
    -t-bolt / zap cannon (only if i pick telekinesis not sure)
    -flamethrower
    -U-turn /t- wave

the way i was looking at it was if the screens are still up, acid spray would allow my spatk-er to deal more damage. but im not very confident in that move...

Metagross
    adamant (clear body)/ (life orb or expert belt)
    -Meteor Mash
    -Zen Headbutt
    -E-quake
    -Agility or bullet punch

its metagross and if screens are up it make it much more difficult to push this table of a pokemon to the side.

Braviery
    jolly (sheer force)/ (choice scarf)
    -brave bird
    -superpower
    -rockslide
    -u-turn

not very sure about this guy i fell that the set is good but just a revenge kill is suppose.

=====

all advise will be take openly and respectfull.

please grade or rate this team as you see fit

it will be appreciated :D

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Cryogonal's isn't a good dual screener in OU because of its poor defensive typing (Ice), which gives it common weaknesses to Fire, Rock and Fighting. Espeon is a better dual screener thanks to Magic Bounce reflecting most statuses right back:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Hidden Power (Fighting/Ground/Fire)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce

Confuse Ray is a bit risky to use on Sableye. I'd use this set:
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover
    -Taunt/Toxic
    -Night Shade/Foul Play/Knock Off
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster

Explosion got nerfed in Gen V, so I think Rock Blast is a better alternative due to it benefitting from Skill Link and not hitting your partner. (use this EV spread: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe)

Don't use Zap Cannon on Eelektross unless you're using a mixed Coil set because it has poor accuracy. Also, some tweaks to your set to make it effective:
    -Acid Spray
    -Thunderbolt
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Ice)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Expert Belt

Use Agility on Metagross and have it hold an Air Balloon (EVs should b 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spe)

Back