• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

its good for the soul.

Joel.Lion

Years
  • So, i think of myself and others in terms of souls ( [not in a religious way] If that makes sense to anyone other then myself :l ). So I do things that are generally considered "good for the soul": meditiaton, letting go of negativity, drinking and eating natural things, etc. And I've actually noticed differences in the ways I interact with the people, situations, and environments I encounter in life; I've learned to remain calm in situations that would make others upset and I've learned to observe and interact at the same time without sacrificing the quality of either. Sadly though.... No astral projection skills yet. So I suppose all that was leading to this, anyone have any similar experiences, or buy into anything like that? Or just any thoughts in general on the topic.

Years
  • I see similarities between what you're describing and my own life as well as those of my peers, but I call it mental health. It's one of those things that are difficult to pin down scientifically, but I have a feeling that doing things that are "good for the soul" /works/. I buy into it.

Years
  • I guess I'm in the next step down to earth in how I look at things. I try to do things that are good for my body primarily and expect everything else will take care of themselves from there. Eating healthy things and exercising helps give you good brain chemistry so my mood should be better regardless of what I do, and so on.

I definitely buy into the idea that all parts of your self are interconnected and that if, for instance, you have a lot of stress in your life it's going to affect your physical and mental health. I guess I see things as stemming from the body up to the mind for the most part. That seems more, I dunno, scientific I suppose.

Lindblum

you're not alone
    Years
  • I'm not exactly sure if that is how I feel exactly, but I do have dreams that I can seemingly 'control' to some degree. It's pretty weird and I'm not sure if it's entirely what they call a 'Lucid Dream' either, it's just hard for me to describe. But I find myself thinking and dreaming about self improvement issues, like my own mind, soul or what have you is urging me to change myself for the better.

I've even taken some of what I've dreamed about into account in day to day life. It's not anything life changing, but it's quite comforting to know that I can control dreams like that. It's kind of as if I can physically wonder around the issues and ideas I have clinging around in my head that I don't want to face or have forgotten about and tackle them in my sleep. I probably sound completely weird in saying all this, but it happens to me, I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else but with the how many billion people there are in the world, I'm sure there's at the very least a few that experience the same.

Joel.Lion

Years
  • I'm not exactly sure if that is how I feel exactly, but I do have dreams that I can seemingly 'control' to some degree. It's pretty weird and I'm not sure if it's entirely what they call a 'Lucid Dream' either, it's just hard for me to describe. But I find myself thinking and dreaming about self improvement issues, like my own mind, soul or what have you is urging me to change myself for the better.

I've even taken some of what I've dreamed about into account in day to day life. It's not anything life changing, but it's quite comforting to know that I can control dreams like that. It's kind of as if I can physically wonder around the issues and ideas I have clinging around in my head that I don't want to face or have forgotten about and tackle them in my sleep. I probably sound completely weird in saying all this, but it happens to me, I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else but with the how many billion people there are in the world, I'm sure there's at the very least a few that experience the same.

I too have experiences with lucid dreaming. Though I experimented and practiced to be able go experience it. Some claim that dreams affect the real world I the biggest way through the subtlest of ways; You use the full potential of yourself in a dream. You solve issues and create ideas you could never do with the world distracting you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    "Train the body, and the mind will follow."

Living diligently ensures a feeling of safety and a sense of direction and control over our lives. However one describes the idea, encouraging a healthy consciousness in oneself is... healthy.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Psychosomatics are absolutely fascinating; we seriously take the link between mind and body for granted. Like BiS, I think I'd refer to what you're talking about as "mental health" rather than something to do with the "soul" because the latter (whether you believe it exists or not) is beyond science or human understanding. I personally believe in the concept of a soul, but I don't think it's connected to emotions or "feeling good". Everything sensory relates to the brain/body.

Check out this Wikipedia article by the way; it relates to this issue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosomatic_medicine

Back