• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's still amazing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As moxie said tell us something, I mean swagsire does better job in stall, and this is t ubers for a kyogre check. Offensively isn't swampert better? I would have mentioned dd wishcash but I couldn't stop laughing :p

Oh, right. >.<

Yes, Quagsire is a bit better for stall because of Haze and Unaware+Swagger, and Swampert has the better offenses, but Gastrodon still gets the job done nicely; its been fairly consistent for me. What it has over Swampert (and Quagsire to a lesser extent) is the Sp.Attack boost from Storm Drain and more reliable recovery than Swampert's Rest. Part of why I like using it is that some people.....don't seem to know what a Gastrodon is. I've had several times where people try to hit it with a Water attack, see Storm Drain, then try to hit it with an Electric attack, which also fails, and then they get confused for a sec.

and Gastro is adorable

srinator

Yes, Quagsire is a bit better for stall because of Haze and Unaware+Swagger, and Swampert has the better offenses, but Gastrodon still gets the job done nicely; its been fairly consistent for me. What it has over Swampert (and Quagsire to a lesser extent) is the Sp.Attack boost from Storm Drain and more reliable recovery than Swampert's Rest. Part of why I like using it is that some people.....don't seem to know what a Gastrodon is. I've had several times where people try to hit it with a Water attack, see Storm Drain, then try to hit it with an Electric attack, which also fails, and then they get confused for a sec.

and Gastro is adorable

You were probably on the lower ladder, jsyk.

But tbh since azu is the most dangerous water type in ou right now (ignore keldeo), gastrodon can't hold it's fort against a belly play, you need unaware. That's the main reason people even use swagy. Gastrodon generally has no niche in the meta since most people who are even a bit good won't use water attacks on it, and well it can be easily out-predicted.
    Also after the wheatear nerf rain teams have seen much less usage since last gen and gastro's main plus point was that it could heavily wall many rain teams. Also I have been seeing grass knot on thundurus lately >> so Idek.
    Don't get me wrong I do like gastro, it gets memento, clear smog, recover.
    It's just isn't as good as last gen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2016
    I guess Eviolite Magneton would have better defenses? idk, you shouldn't use Magneton in OU tbh

Magneton has 10 more base speed, which makes it (sometimes) better fit for a scarfer role. Magneton was used on one successful #1 BW team a few years ago where the challenge was to use lower-tier Pokemon. I wouldn't recommend using it outside of RU/NU though.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    Weavile (BL)
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Knock Off, Swords Dance

He has won me many games on Pokemon Showdown and is always reliable. I was once losing 5-2. I spun away the stealth rocks and swept at +4.

Tentacruel
    Item: Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Moves: toxic, scald, protect, rapid spin

Pretty much anti leech seed /w Liquid ooze. It's such a good special wall and spinner. It's clutch with the burn on scald. I usually use it as death slaughter because mega venusaur is much better (it's my overall bulky pokemon).

Sorry I couldn't produce any sprites or whatever. My internet is terrible right now and I don't know when it will shut down again.

Back