• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

itunes question

Years
  • does anyone know how or if i can drag/copy videos from itunes to the desktop, at all?

i need to get a new battery for my ipod... whenever i can...

please tell me if it doesn't go here, though..... though i feel it does...

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Hello. There is a way that doesn't require any programs. I'm going to assume that you are using Windows for this. First, you plug in your iPod to connect to your computer. It should appear as a device on your PC. Click on it to see what is on your iPod. There should be next to nothing file-wise. You have to click on View > Show > Hidden Items. (Windows 11) Do that in order and you will be able to see the content that is on your iPod. Below you will find an instruction video to help you visualize and understand. Important: Make sure to disable the Show Hidden Items feature once you are done. Otherwise, you might accidentally delete an important file. I don't know your PC knowledge. If you don't feel at ease ask a family member to help you with this.
    Spoiler: Instruction Video

Years
  • Hello. There is a way that doesn't require any programs. I'm going to assume that you are using Windows for this. First, you plug in your iPod to connect to your computer. It should appear as a device on your PC. Click on it to see what is on your iPod. There should be next to nothing file-wise. You have to click on View > Show > Hidden Items. (Windows 11) Do that in order and you will be able to see the content that is on your iPod. Below you will find an instruction video to help you visualize and understand. Important: Make sure to disable the Show Hidden Items feature once you are done. Otherwise, you might accidentally delete an important file. I don't know your PC knowledge. If you don't feel at ease ask a family member to help you with this.

yeah, i found that out already...

but it's a bit.... eh....
    i mean, nothing's wrong, but...

i'll check back later :3

thankyou, though :love:

edit at 5:03 pm: i've decided that i can't do it that way.... it's too confusing...

do you know about http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-rip.html ? :hattremhuh:

Last edited:
    Years
  • what model ipod?

was it a video that was synced to the ipod from a different computer? was it a video that was taken?

you may be able to access it from the file explorer menu as if it were an external drive.

Years
  • what model ipod?
    160 gb classic ipod
    was it a video that was synced to the ipod from a different computer? was it a video that was taken?
    i converted all videos that i have on my ipod to mp4 using anyvideoconverter...
    & they're all from this computer, the same computer...
    you may be able to access it from the file explorer menu as if it were an external drive.

i did look there... but that way's too confusing.... they're all in different folders & jumbled up....
    i won't do it like that... :cautious:

do you know about http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-rip.html ? :hattremhuh:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I don't know about Xilisoft. Looks like it is old paid software. Most of these types of programs I find are paid as well. Remember to be careful when installing obscure software on your PC. About the method I suggested. I understand that is it not the most appealing and comfortable way. Hopefully, someone else can help you out.

Years
  • I don't know about Xilisoft. Looks like it is old paid software. Most of these types of programs I find are paid as well.
    it has a free trail on there, too, the Xilisoft iPod Rip on the website i showed :3

i did a scan on it... it didn't really show anything wrong... :>

apparently, it's a award-winning developer :3 - http://www.xilisoft.com/about.html

Remember to be careful when installing obscure software on your PC.
    i know :woop: :mareepwave:
    About the method I suggested. I understand that it is not the most appealing and comfortable way. Hopefully, someone else can help you out.

:love:

Last edited:
    Years
  • i converted all videos that i have on my ipod to mp4 using anyvideoconverter...
    & they're all from this computer, the same computer...
    is there any reason you would need to get the video from the ipod then? is it that you no longer have the video on your computer, or...?

Years
  • is there any reason you would need to get the video from the ipod then?
    is it that you no longer have the video on your computer, or...?

i don't have a lot of the songs on the computer anymore... no thanks to that stupid external usb harddrive that i hard, that broke down ages ago...

i still have a lot of them on my two memery sticks, though.... but the others, no.... the ones i'm talking about the most... if you're familier with these j-pop groups, are a lot of my morning musume, akb48, ske48, etc....

plus i really need to get it a new battery... that's why.... :plead:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't know about Xilisoft. Looks like it is old paid software. Most of these types of programs I find are paid as well. Remember to be careful when installing obscure software on your PC. About the method I suggested. I understand that is it not the most appealing and comfortable way. Hopefully, someone else can help you out.

i sent a message to them yesterday, saying
    hi!

this is probably a really stupid question.... but I just want to really, really, REALLY.... sure...

probably not that I don't believe it,
    but is it really Safe Download, 100% Virus Free? http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-rip.html

I just don't want anything going wrong, or anything, that's all :<

& by is it safe, I mean, to install, that is

thankyou :3

& just now, when i checked, i found a reply from xilisoft saying

Thanks for your support!

It is really safe to download.

It is a twenty-year company.

Millions people download our product from our product safely.

Best Regards,

Eason B.

Xilisoft Corporation

that really made my day, i think :love:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    I rechecked their website today. I noticed they don't have SSL on there. This is a must when you are selling a product on your site. Otherwise, you are putting your customer's data in danger. Attackers can steal data and even impersonate and contact customers instead of the actual company staff. They have been 20 years in the business but currently, there is no SSL. I'm NOT saying this company is not legit. I advise you to be very careful especially payment-wise. Since they don't have SSL your data is at risk. I know this can be disappointing. If you really want to give it a go. Stick with the trial version. The final decision is up to you if you want to use their software. Hopefully, you are better informed now.

Years
  • I rechecked their website today. I noticed they don't have SSL on there. This is a must when you are selling a product on your site. Otherwise, you are putting your customer's data in danger. Attackers can steal data and even impersonate and contact customers instead of the actual company staff. They have been 20 years in the business but currently, there is no SSL. I'm NOT saying this company is not legit. I advise you to be very careful especially payment-wise. Since they don't have SSL your data is at risk. I know this can be disappointing.

If you really want to give it a go. Stick with the trial version. The final decision is up to you if you want to use their software. Hopefully, you are better informed now.
    i really was gonna go with the trail version :3
    i was never gonna use the payment one... :plead:

Last edited:
    Years
  • does anyone else know any free, reliable & safe ipod rippers, at all?:hattremhuh: :mareepwave: :woop: :love:

i just want to make copies of them off of my ipod just in-case, cause it really needs a new battery.... & then i'll just put them onto my google drive from the folder on the desktop, for safety :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Copytrans was featured in an article in the New York Times. I just found out about this program. It works with an iPod Classic. Feel free to try out this program. I don't think the New York Times would suggest a potentially risky program to their readers. That would be very damaging to their reputation.

Years
  • Copytrans was featured in an article in the New York Times. I just found out about this program. It works with an iPod Classic. Feel free to try out this program. I don't think the New York Times would suggest a potentially risky program to their readers. That would be very damaging to their reputation.
    ooh!

thankyou! :mareepwave:

but i got a reply on reddit that i asked once :3 -
    WideAngleSoft

TouchCopy should work with your iPod classic 160 gb to transfer videos from the iPod to the pc. Give the free trial a spin, you can copy up to 100 songs and videos with the free version, so that should allow you to work out if the app works for you. You can download the free trial here... https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/download.php

WideAngleSoft

TouchCopy has been around for many years and has been extensively tested and reviewed by various third parties. https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/support/touchcopy/is-touchcopy-safe-and-legit.php
    in the link, it says :

TouchCopy software is safe and legitimate and does not contain any viruses, adware or spyware. TouchCopy will transfer songs, messages, photos, voice mails and other media from your iPod, iPhone or iPad to your computer. The software accesses your iOS device data locally on your computer and this data is not transmitted to the developer or any third party. https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/support/touchcopy/is-touchcopy-safe-and-legit.php

:D

Years
  • Copytrans was featured in an article in the New York Times. I just found out about this program. It works with an iPod Classic. Feel free to try out this program. I don't think the New York Times would suggest a potentially risky program to their readers. That would be very damaging to their reputation.
    i would use it... but it has this - https://www.copytrans.net/blog/compatibility-report/ / https://www.copytrans.net/support/ios-and-ipod-models-compatibility-summary/
    & it says iTunes v12.13.1.3... i have ver 11 still....
    & what do they mean ''Compatible, provided that you are connected to the internet.'' ? of course i am! how would i type this otherwise? :rolleyes:

other then that, i would see there's no problem, i think :3

thankyou, though :love:

Years
  • Hello. There is a way that doesn't require any programs. I'm going to assume that you are using Windows for this. First, you plug in your iPod to connect to your computer. It should appear as a device on your PC. Click on it to see what is on your iPod. There should be next to nothing file-wise. You have to click on View > Show > Hidden Items. (Windows 11) Do that in order and you will be able to see the content that is on your iPod. Below you will find an instruction video to help you visualize and understand. Important: Make sure to disable the Show Hidden Items feature once you are done. Otherwise, you might accidentally delete an important file. I don't know your PC knowledge. If you don't feel at ease ask a family member to help you with this.
    hmmm....

if touchcopy doesn't work out... then, i may try that way again.... 😯

if i do, i'll let you know how it goes :>

Back