• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I've just realised that all people who have completed R/B/Y are thieves

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
Years
  • 1: That trainer refers to the hidden potion right in front of him, not all the items.
    (...but that doesn't make the player any less of a thief =D)

2. Like said, the TM owner "figures what is lost is lost" and "decides to teach his Diglett to Dig without a TM" when you try to return it.

3. Can't remember what this guy says when you speak to him...

PKMN Trainer Red!

A former trainer champion...
    Years
  • Haha.
    If that is true, then the main character is the thief not you since it's the main character in the game who does it.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I just noticed you "borrow" the Town Map from Gary's sister. Hah. Like she's getting that back. :P

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Well, in the case of the stuff on the ground in Viridian Forest, how do you know that's all his? I highly doubt he lost all of that stuff in the forest. With the Dig TM, the guy says you can keep it when you offer it back to him because you scared off Team Rocket. And in the case of the Eevee, the guy says you can have it.

At any rate, it's finders keepers, losers weepers. (: I find it more of a "YAY I FOUND SOMETHING!" situation rather than an "OH NOES! I'M STEALING FROM SOMEONE! D:" situation, but that's just me.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • yay we get to be thieves and killers.

but i dont agree...
    1. there are items scattered all over the forest so you cant really say that the ones you find are his. maybe he already picked them all up
    2. if you talk to the guy in the house after getting dig back he tells you to keep it.
    3. also if you talk to the guy by the eevee he tells you to take the eevee on the table.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Okay yeah, I think we've established the OP's cases are incorrect. :P

Years
  • Okay yeah, I think we've established the OP's cases are incorrect. :P

Not yet we haven't. We must continually remind him with every post, that he needs to replay the game instead of going by memory. Then, and only then, shall we allow him to drink chocolate milk witht he rest of us. Until then, he can just drink milk.

OT: People drop potions at random spots in the game anyways, so it's really their fault if we jack their stuff. Anyone else remember that potion randomly hidden in the tree behind the guy who teaches you to catch a weedle?

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I think what this really proves is that some of us have a thieving mindset ("Oh, this Eevee on the table must be for me, kthxbai"), and some of us actually try talking to potential owners in the vicinity before running off with the rare Pokemon or the stolen TM. ;) The game just happens to work no matter which kind you are.

*drinks chocolate milk*

Yesss, tree-potion. Isn't it just CONVENIENT that people seem to lose the majority of their invisible stuff at the end of tiny skinny detours that dead-end at walls or trees?

Years
  • Boys will be boys...even if it does include stealing a rare creature with super powers or stealing a device that can teach pokemon to dig and then re-emerge with enough force to hurt another creature with super powers.

I also want to know about the guys dropping things in water. All the swimmers wear tight swim suits...where do they put everything? :P

on that note...why does the guy have to use the TM to teach diglett the move dig? I don't recall ever running into one of those things in the wild that didn't know that move...and this is before the hatching from egg thing came out in Gold and Silver. What a failure to his species :P

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Three words:

Legend of Zelda.

In those games not only do barge into people's houses, but you wield a sword and break their stuff, take what's inside and leave before they can take it back. Then you return and talk to them like nothing's happened.

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
  • ^
    Truth.

Also, the fact you can now run in people's houses after trudging through marshes and who knows what else.

Not just that, but hidden items in garbage bins. ONOES POKEMON ENDORSES DUMPSTER DIVING.

Who here didn't look in the Captain's waist basket after getting Cut hoping for a nugget?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    In Celadon city, the guy lets you take the Eevee. Not sure about everything else though o.o

Back