• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ivy Thorn

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Hi! This is my first ever Fanfic post! My friend SilverGlaceon post one and I'm excited to post my own. Please let it be known that I am 12 years old so it may not be all that good. My story is called Ivy Thorn. I actually created this a while ago but I never made it past the first chapter. I hope I get some inspiration. Anyway, please enjoy the first chapter! The main character is a Bulbasaur named Ivy.

Chapter 1: Abandoned

I sit in the cold, damp, leafy forest. I have nowhere else to go. My trainer has just taken off, running into the deepest part of the forest. She has just abandoned me. She has just left me to die here, all alone without any hope of surviving. My name is Ivy. I am a Bulbasaur, and I am alone in this world. No trainer, no home, no knowledge of anything this forest has to offer. My Pokeball has shattered into countless pieces and lies, broken, on the muddy brown floor. What am I supposed to do? My trainer left me and I don't know why. I never did anything wrong. I used all my moves the way my trainer wanted me too, and I always listened to her. What more could she ask of me? I miss her already. How can I help it? She raised me ever since I was newly hatched. My trainer was like my mother. She named me, fed me, bathed me, everything. Why let me go? I'm not grown up. I need her! I'm sorry. I haven't mentioned her name. It was Kaylee. Kaylee, my trainer. The bronze-skinned Pokemon loving Kaylee. Her favorite Pokemon was always Bulbasaur, like me. Why would she give me up? Was it because of the heart shaped mark I had on my bud? No, it couldn't have been. Kaylee has always said that was what made me special. What else could it be? Was it because I lost my last bsttle against that humonguos fire-type Blaziken? No, Kaylee should have known that he would be too much for me... with those evil looking black eyes.... I don't know why she gave me up. It doesn't really matter. She's gone, I'll never see her again, and I'm alone in this world, as I will be forevermore until I die.

I hope that chapter wasn't too short. My stories are known for that. I hope you liked the first chapter!

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Ooh...I see a plot! I see a plot! :) It was a little short but not bad for a first. Make sure you split things up into more paragraphs so its not one giant blob okay?

Hey, you're friends with SilverGlaceon? Awesome! You two are both great up and coming writers! Keep it up!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I liked it a lot. I didn't see many mistakes. But, in my opinion, it is waaaay to short and bunched up. Try breaking it into more paragraphs, okay?

I can't wait for more!

SilverGlaceon

Fantasy is better than Reality
    Years
  • Very nice, dogofthreelover. But what did I tell you in IM? Make it longer! =) When I see you at school tomorrow I'll probably begin to scold you on this, and then we'll laugh. The other verison of the chapter was better, although it was much shorter than this. And every one else who's reading her story, dont worry. I'll make SURE she makes the rest of the chapters longer and that she fixes this one up too. And that she posts up the chapters regularly. Good luck dogofthreeelover, See ya!

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Hi everyone! I know that my first chapter was wayyyy too short so I'm going to have to fix it. I'll post my fixed version right now. I hope you like it!

Chapter 1: Abandoned

"Ivy, I'm sorry that I have to do this, but... I have to let you go," my trainer Kaylee wearily exclaimed to me as she weeped. My Poke ball was no longer held firmly in her hand. It had collapsed and shattered onto the damp, earthen ground of the forest floor. My name is Ivy. I am a Bulbasaur. My trainer Kaylee had raised me since I was an egg. Her face was the first I saw when I heaved myself out of the ebony eggshell that concealed me from the outside world. The eggshell peirced with an ivy thorn that caused a heart shaped scar to appear on my bud. Now, I am alone. How can I survive in the wild, when other Pokemon may want to tear at my very flesh?

I can see from Kaylee's pitiful, sorrowful look that she had no choice but to release me from the bond we so closely shared. I glare at her, crying, just trying to convince my upset trainer in a futile effort to calm her down. She sobbed uncontrollably for a good long while and then says to me, "Ivy, I love you, really I do, but..." Kaylee runs away screeching, leaving me lying motionless in the rising cloud of sand awakened by her stomping feet. I'm alone, frightened and baffled. Without Kaylee, my petite, bronze-skinned, Pokemon loving Kaylee, where am I supposed to go?

"Ivy, Vine Whip, now!" Kaylee shouted at me. I knew she wanted me to lash out at my opponent with razor-sharp whips, but how could I? A final-evolution fire type glared at me with hostile eyes. Did my owner, who raised me since I was an egg, want me to die? I had to battle a Blaziken! I froze in horror as my enemy unleashed a Flamethrower attack. The flames singed my skin and blistered it so I looked to be twice my size. My vision clouded and I fell to the ground, defeated. The few moments of conciousness left in me were filled with screams of, "Ivy! Oh no! Now you'll never become a...," from Kaylee and the Blaziken's howling laughter.

I woke up perfectly healed in the Pallet Town Pokemon Center in Kanto, realizing that a Blaziken had almost killed me and my trainer was probably going insane as she saw me, blisters removed. I was in my Pokeball. Even though I was, I could still feel Kaylee's feet pounding through the tile floor after she retrieved me. Soon, the steps came to cease, and I was sent out of my ever-comfy ball. Kaylee was bawling about not wanting to do this. My Pokeball fell out of her hands, and came to the damp forest floor with a thud. Kaylee had let me go, and now I have to roam Kanto alone.

Now I run as fast as physically possible, trying to catch my trainer as her feet pound the muddy forest floor. A vast canopy of trees, which I believe must be at least 20 feet tall, rise above our heads, sheilding us from the harsh sunlight trying to pierce through and grasp us in its long reach. As I keep running, I just have to think. Why would Kaylee give me up? Is it because of the scar? No, it couldn't be. Kaylee has always thought that scar was what made me unique. Was it the battle? I immeadiatly push that thought from my mind. I have lost battles before. Why would this be any different? That Blaziken, with its fiery feathers and eyes like knives, was too much for me. Kaylee should have known better than to battle with its trainer. I'll never forget the look in that Blaziken's eyes when it beat me...

Wow, Kaylee sure can run! I'm still pacing through the damp, dark forest, steadily growing tired as my former trainer still trods on. I've lost sight of her three times already. I think silently to myself, "Maybe I'd be better off letting her go." No! I can't do that! I need to know the truth! Whatever it takes, I'm going to let Kaylee know that I need her and she needs me! I silently swear to myself that this will come true as I slow to a halt. Kaylee's run too far for me to catch up. Wherever she goes, I'll find her later. I can't give up knowing the truth, and why she would go. Is it my destiny to be alone forever? No, I won't let it be. I'm not alone in this world. There are so many Pokemon out there. I'll find friends, I'll find my trainer, and I'll find my destiny once and for all.​

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I Didn't Notice Something

You know what? I didn't notice the EDIT button on my first post. I could have used that. Oh well. I'll remember for next time.

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Ivy Thorn Chapter 2

Hi everyone! Here's Chapter 2 of my story! By the way thank you for all the awesome comments you've put up!

Chapter 2: Hunted

The pale moon glistens in the pitch black night sky, a glimmer of hope and purity in an endless sea of nothingness. No stars appear to twinkle in the soft glow of the moon. The forest outside of Pallet Town, with its vast canopy of green, leafy trees hanging overhead seems to be quiet, but somewhere in the branches of those sturdy trees is a hunter waiting for prey.

I sigh. I just gave up my relentless search for my trainer for the night and I'm really exhausted. I wonder where I'm going to sleep tonight. I look up to the trees above me, searching for a suitable spot to doze in while I rest breifly on the solid dirt ground. The soil feels cool beneath my feet. "There's a spot," I say to myself, looking at what appears to be a good enough branch. "But how will I get up there?" I wonder if I can use one of my moves to get up there.... That's when I remember something Kaylee showed me when I was a younger Bulbasaur.

"Here Ivy. Let me show you how to use a new move. It's called Vine Whip. Watch me do this." Kaylee and I were training in this very forest that I sit in now. We were in a clearing in the center of the forest with no other Pokemon around and only one tree to worry about smacking into. Kaylee had found two vines while we were on our way to the clearing, and she was using them now. With a flick of her thin wrists, she made both vines whip around the brances of the tree and pulled herself near the tree to climb it.

I suddenly remembered that this memory could help me now. I whipped out my leafy freen vines, grabbed the branch and hoisted myself onto it with a thud. Uh oh, I'm afraid I could have woken up some of the other Pokemon living in this forest. Who knows who could have heard me? Then I push my fears away. I know how to fight, so why should I worry? Maybe a fire type will come to me in my sleep.... No, I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR. I'm going to close my eyes and sleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ha ha ha. My prey has finally become stupid enough to make a loud noise. It's coming from that tree over there. That weak, spineless fool will not stand a chance against me. Oh I'm sorry, how terribly rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Flame, and I am a Blaziken. No Pokemon can stand against me! My idiotic trainer let me go after that battle between me and that excuse of a Bulbasaur. He siad I shouldn't have hurt it so badly. What does he know? He has given up his finest warrior! His first ever champion! One day he'll be begging for me to return. Pathetic. But enough about that. It's time to hunt down my prey.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oof. I feel a lot better now. I know I've only been asleep for a short time, but if I'm going to find Kaylee, a little rest is all I need. I hear a rustle in the leaves of the tree I am in. I think there's a sleeping Pokemon up there. I'd better leave now or I'll disturb it. I am about to leap down and continue my search so I can- HEY! Something just fell on me! It was heavy! "Hey watch it you idi-" Oh my... no... it can't be.... That Blaziken is back. His eyes are gleaming again. This is my final hour. He is going to kill me. One less Bulbasaur in the world.

"Hello little Bulbasaur. I do believe we've met. What is your name?" This Blaziken keeps looking at me like I'm what he wants to eat. That's when I realize I'M the one on his menu. I have no choice but to tell him my name. We are both still on the branch and I'm slowly trying to back away from the Blaziken. "Ivy. My name is Ivy," I say. The Blaziken laughs. "What a stupid name. Did your excuse of a trainer give you that name? My name is supreme to yours," he says with a snort. Excuse of a trainer? Is this guy mad? "What's so great about your name? What is it anyway?" I feel like ripping him apart.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dear child, I thought you would know by now that my name is Flame. Your stupid trainer probably never even bothered to tell you. I just wanted you to know that my trainer has given me up. It appears yours has too." What an idiot for not knowing my name that Ivy is. I want to eat her. "Flame? That's your supreme name? Please! I've heard better names on food," the little pest says. I silently power up a Flamethrower to fry that scumbag. She doesn't stand a chance. FIRE!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He's attacking me! I have to dodge! Oh Kaylee, I wish you were here right now and you could tell me what to do.... I have to jump. (Jumps) Those flames barely miss me. I have to attack. I shoot out my Bullet Seed attack. It hit but it didn't do much. Why does he want to eat me? I never laid a paw on him! I think he's getting ready to use Sky Uppercut. I only have one shot. I know an attack that will defeat Flame in an instant, but I don't have enough time to power it... Oh Kaylee, I wish you were here!

Continued in Chapter 3

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 2!

Last edited:

dogofthreelover

Friendship is forever
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Hi! I have finally returned! We last saw Ivy about to be eaten by Flame the Blaziken. Let's see what happenes next!

Chapter 3: Chase

Alright, maybe I just need to accept the fact that I'm about to die here.

This Blaziken is going to kill me! His colossal fist begins to glow, and I have lost all hope. Oh, where is Kaylee? She would know exactly what to do! i always have my secret weapon, but... it can't work at nighttime! I need to either run, or stall him, and I don't think stalling him is an option.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Die, Bulbasaur!" I release my Sky Uppercut. Ivy doesn't stand a chance. No Pokemon ever escapes me. My fist flies up into the air, and I expect a little Bulbasaur to come crashing down from the sky at any moment. It's dinnertime.

"WAAAAAAAAAH!" My stomach feels like it's been pounded full force by five hundred bulldozers as I rocket through the twilight sky. I want to try and be brave, to assure myself that I will die in battle like a hero, but my only though is "AIYEEEEEEEE!" I feel the chilly night air rush past me as I plummet to the ground, but then I realize, hey, I don't have to die a grisly death! I can grab onto a tree! My vines whip out to the nearest tree branch, and I swing like on a swingset in a playground. Worst of all, I'm heading right into Flame. Now this will wipe the smirk off his face!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What? Where is that little brat? She's supposed to be my dinner now! What's going on here? "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Yes! That must be her falling to her doom! That's it, Flame, just wait for it... OOF! What the-?!?!?!?!? That little sneak! What does she have the nerve to crash into me for? Th-th-that HURT! She will burn! ...What??? Now she tries to run! What a coward! "I will hunt you down!" The chase will begin. Ha, it won't be long. I'll be stuffed with Bulbasaur by dawn.

HAHA! THAT was hilarious! Oh, the look on his face when I kicked him! HA! Oh, yes! ...Oh no. What have I done? Now he's going to hunt me down... I'm in so much trouble. Oh Kaylee, where are you? I need you here! The trees of the forest of Pallet Town race by as I travel at my highest speed to outrace the fire monster behind me. Pokemon that were silently sleeping the night away open their tired, bloodshot eyes to look annoyedly at me. Those are the least of my worries. The moon seems ot sink into the horizon, the sky turning a whole mixture of lilacs, aquas, and flame oranges as the sun begins to rise. Wow, such a glorious morning to be chased. Wait. Morning... that's it! I'll show that monster what for! The bulb on my back seems to glow a pale golden yellow, drinking in the light from the blood-red sun. I turn around to face my enemy, but I can't see him. He will come. I will be ready.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I leap into the trees with utter silence as my opponent races between the lumbering forest trees. As I dash from branch to branch, my opponent cannot see me. She thinks I would follow her from the ground! Such idiocy! Is it worth it to eat a creature of such dumb nature? No matter. A meal is a meal. She stops. What is she doing, the fool? She seems to be waiting for me. Ha! I won't reveal myself just yet. Let her anticipate my arrival.

Has he given up? No, never. He's found his dinner, and of all Pokemon, its me. Lucky me. Why isn't he here yet? Stand your ground, Ivy. He's waiting for you to make a move. There is a rustle in the trees. I try to hide my fear as the Blaziken leaps from the branches of the nearest tree and lands gracefully right in front of me. "Flame," I address the beast, trying to keep my voice steady. Too late. He smells my fear. "Ivy," he says, but his next words are the ones that send a chill down my spine.

"This is where you die."

"I wouldn't think so," I reply. This is the moment. I, Ivy, will defeat this beast, and he will not come back to tell the story.

Continued in Chapter 4

Last edited:
    Back