• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jαcκςση's Sprites~

How are they?

• Total voters

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I made a few color changes to the original roach. which is better? (old vs new)
    mlpbac.jpg
    or
    b8v5vp.jpg

The one of the right. It's color scheme closer resembles the evolution. 2 things though, it's bottom jaw is way to square, and it would hurt to increase the fang's sharpness. Take a look at Golbat to see what I mean.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • The one of the right. It's color scheme closer resembles the evolution. 2 things though, it's bottom jaw is way to square, and it would hurt to increase the fang's sharpness. Take a look at Golbat to see what I mean.

Cockroaches aren't exactly known for their sharp fangs.

It makes me happy to see all the attention this thread is getting. Viva la Zirconium! Too bad the roach duo are early game and worthless. :(

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    The one of the right. It's color scheme closer resembles the evolution. 2 things though, it's bottom jaw is way to square, and it would hurt to increase the fang's sharpness. Take a look at Golbat to see what I mean.

Er.. you do know that the white things are eyes, the black things are just spots, and that the face is the black part.. right?
    and lol thx kaiser.

P.S. I'm cramming b/c I have to read like 800 pages in two books by friday, but I may start a new sprite this weekend, Zirconium's official yeti pokemon.

Little update, just a lulzy attempt of the Kyledove style on my Roach for fun ^_^

15n7yaw.jpg

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    It looks nice, but the pillowshading should be saved for those weird chibi avatars.

*Faceplams* D'arvit. No, I didn't. It's face is still to square, and you should make the eyes less square then

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
    Years
  • Man... this thread is long dead... you will probably receive an infraction for reopening it (if i am correct. i'm not sure if your allowed to revive threads in this particular part of the forum)... i would probably avoid posting again and just start a new thread.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Uh.. why? It's my thread, I can revive it.. I'd assume they'd rather me revive this one than make a whole new one..

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Man... this thread is long dead... you will probably receive an infraction for reopening it (if i am correct. i'm not sure if your allowed to revive threads in this particular part of the forum)... i would probably avoid posting again and just start a new thread.

Directly from the rules:
    Thread Revival
    If you have new content and you wish to post in an existing thread of yours that is older than 30 days, you may revive that thread.

Yeti:

There's some strange anatomy... like the bending of the thigh, or the thickness of HIS left hand compared to the right. and I'm not a fan of the foot on the right. It is oddly shaped and has a strange pose. The break in the leg just has a distorted angle to be honest... it looks like he broke his leg, because it's twisted in such a strange manner.

There also seems to be a lack of shading. It's hard to tell if he's supposed to be smooth and glazy or furry. Some more shading should help with that.

Still, i like the concept, and i really like the face a whole lot. It's a neat look, the color scheme is nice. It would just probably help to give him more texture and give his legs a bit better anatomy.

The trainer looks great! You did a great job on his shading and pose. My only thing here is that his ear is kinda big... but that's just preference ^_^

Keep up the hard work!

Keep Spriting!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it's okay for him to revive his own tread, I always do the same thing.

Anyway, your yeti seems to look nice.
    But his shading ? you should really redo that part
    White is difficult to shade, I suggest using another colour of light gray to the sprite.
    I like his facial look, but no effect in the face.
    Also the whole sprite's outline is Gray why ?'

Your trainer is very nicely made.
    The hair looks a little weird shaded, but it doesnt matter that much.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I think it's okay for him to revive his own tread, I always do the same thing.

Anyway, your yeti seems to look nice.
    But his shading ? you should really redo that part
    White is difficult to shade, I suggest using another colour of light gray to the sprite.
    I like his facial look, but no effect in the face.
    Also the whole sprite's outline is Gray why ?'

Your trainer is very nicely made.
    The hair looks a little weird shaded, but it doesnt matter that much.

Yeah, that was my problem with the yeti. I couldn't find a lighter color for a highlight, but I didn't want to make the main color darker.. so.. idk. And yeah, I don't really know why I made it gray either.. I'll probably go back and rework it eventually. Thanks for the critique! And what do you mean about the hair? Like what is weird with the shading?

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Directly from the rules:

Yeti:

There's some strange anatomy... like the bending of the thigh, or the thickness of HIS left hand compared to the right. and I'm not a fan of the foot on the right. It is oddly shaped and has a strange pose. The break in the leg just has a distorted angle to be honest... it looks like he broke his leg, because it's twisted in such a strange manner.

There also seems to be a lack of shading. It's hard to tell if he's supposed to be smooth and glazy or furry. Some more shading should help with that.

Still, i like the concept, and i really like the face a whole lot. It's a neat look, the color scheme is nice. It would just probably help to give him more texture and give his legs a bit better anatomy.

The trainer looks great! You did a great job on his shading and pose. My only thing here is that his ear is kinda big... but that's just preference ^_^

Keep up the hard work!

Keep Spriting!

Oh wow, I missed you. Yeah, the yeti's a mess. There's like no shading, as you noticed. The legs are that way because that's how the artist drew the original picture, so I just copied that... I should probably rework them, as I see what you mean. Thanks for the insight!

Years
  • Cockroach - The colour scheme for the right one looks smoother in the transition from light to dark and better suits the shading in the style Pokemon sprites are in. Unless my mind is playing trick its right wing is out of proportion to its left. Perhaps making it a tad smaller could fix this? Also its left tooth looks blunt while the right looks sharp. While keeping with perspective try sharpening its left? But the majority of the sprite is nicely done. ^^

Yetiness - Could do with some more shading, I understand you're attempt at making it snow white (ooh puns ftl) and pure white objects are hard to shade from personal experience. The layout is perfect, could just do with some more depth. ^.^

Koala Grass Dude - KOALAS FTW! Anyway, the darker colours of yellow could be a softer colour and the edges on the lighter parts of green could be lighter as well. The line down the middle of its leaf neck is a tad too dark and the shading on the arm could be bettered. But overall the concept of this sprite is marvelous. =D

Keep up the great work with your spriting and I look forward to more in the future. ^.^

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Cockroach - The colour scheme for the right one looks smoother in the transition from light to dark and better suits the shading in the style Pokemon sprites are in. Unless my mind is playing trick its right wing is out of proportion to its left. Perhaps making it a tad smaller could fix this? Also its left tooth looks blunt while the right looks sharp. While keeping with perspective try sharpening its left? But the majority of the sprite is nicely done. ^^

Yetiness - Could do with some more shading, I understand you're attempt at making it snow white (ooh puns ftl) and pure white objects are hard to shade from personal experience. The layout is perfect, could just do with some more depth. ^.^

Koala Grass Dude - KOALAS FTW! Anyway, the darker colours of yellow could be a softer colour and the edges on the lighter parts of green could be lighter as well. The line down the middle of its leaf neck is a tad too dark and the shading on the arm could be bettered. But overall the concept of this sprite is marvelous. =D

Keep up the great work with your spriting and I look forward to more in the future. ^.^

On the roach, yeah, the wing's a little off. But what a lot of peopl thing is the tooth is really an eye! Haha.

Yeah, yeti needs shading. but I'm glad you like the rest.

Koala, like what certain parts need to be greener on the outline? And yeah, the arm is the only part I'm not sastisfied with. I couldn't figure out how to shade it properly. I'll lighten the leaf though.

Thanks so much for all the critique! Very helpful!

quick little update on Eukhay:
    98c86f.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your grass starter seems to look a little weird.
    It resemble's a bear right?
    The head looks really nice, but the ears outline could use some work.
    The black outline is to harsh if you know what I mean.
    I would use your darkest green for that part, not all but most.

The leave around his neck could defenitly use some work.
    A leave is smooth, your looks really flat.
    You should use some more colours to shade it correctly.
    He is sitting down, atleast you tried to make him sit.
    But the way the sprite is shown, looks like an impossible position to sit. xD

You need to learn the anatomy a bit better, your shading is pretty good.
    But try to use some more colours in your shading.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Your grass starter seems to look a little weird.
    It resemble's a bear right?
    The head looks really nice, but the ears outline could use some work.
    The black outline is to harsh if you know what I mean.
    I would use your darkest green for that part, not all but most.

The leave around his neck could defenitly use some work.
    A leave is smooth, your looks really flat.
    You should use some more colours to shade it correctly.
    He is sitting down, atleast you tried to make him sit.
    But the way the sprite is shown, looks like an impossible position to sit. xD

You need to learn the anatomy a bit better, your shading is pretty good.
    But try to use some more colours in your shading.

He's a koala, and I'll tone the black down. I'm not sure what you mean by the leaf being flat or it being impossilbe to sit in that position.. care to elaborate?

Years
  • Well your leave looks flat, it's shaded wrong, that what makes it look flat, try to copy the shading of an original grass type pokemon, you'll know what I mean then.

And your Koala seems to sit un his heels, instead of his As$.
    Try to fix that,

Back