• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I remember attempting to watch a couple episodes of Pretty Cure because it was supposedly gonna be dubbed, but I kinda sort of stopped XD

/this was before my mahou shoujo craze ended

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I remember attempting to watch a couple episodes of Pretty Cure because it was supposedly gonna be dubbed, but I kinda sort of stopped XD

/this was before my mahou shoujo craze ended
    The first season was dubbed in English... but only released in Canada. Though apparently it's going to be released in the UK. Still no word on a US release, sadly...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    So it was dubbed?

I believe the reason behind that was because mahou shoujo series just aren't popular in America. Which is probably why Tokyo Mew Mew (or Mew Mew Power if you wanna go by the 4Kids name), Ojamajo Doremi (Magical DoReMi as called by 4Kids again), and Full Moon o Sagashite are incomplete. They just didn't wanna risk it with Pretty Cure.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    So it was dubbed?

I believe the reason behind that was because mahou shoujo series just aren't popular in America. Which is probably why Tokyo Mew Mew (or Mew Mew Power if you wanna go by the 4Kids name), Ojamajo Doremi (Magical DoReMi as called by 4Kids again), and Full Moon o Sagashite are incomplete. They just didn't wanna risk it with Pretty Cure.
    Ocean Production and Blue Water Studios handled the dubbing, which will be used for both Canadian and UK releases.

And unfortunately that seems to be the trend in the US... for some reason Americans don't want to see girls using magical powers to kick butt:/

EDIT:
    Pretty Cure was dubbed and aired in the US? What channel was it on?
    No US release. It aired on YTV in Canada and will air on a UK network.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    And yet all of Sailor Moon was dubbed, wasn't it? /or at least a good portion of it

I guess after that it just died out. It's too bad, too, 'cause there are some decent mahou shoujo series out there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    And yet all of Sailor Moon was dubbed, wasn't it? /or at least a good portion of it

I guess after that it just died out. It's too bad, too, 'cause there are some decent mahou shoujo series out there.
    I'm not sure how much of Sailor Moon was dubbed and released. I know at least one of the complete seasons/story arcs was finished.

Apparently the genre was already on its way downhill by the time the botched "Cardcaptors" arrived... they tried to make both Sakura and Syaoran as the heroes of the show:/

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Poor Sakura. I heard the dub was terrible, but I never really watched it XD;

Not a huge CLAMP fan, to be honest (though xxxHolic isn't so bad, and I guess Cardcaptor Sakura wouldn't be either).

Our society seems to like more action stuff. Gurren Lagann, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, you name it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Aye.

I wonder when it'll decide to temporarily cooperate, 'cause I wanna add PPGZ to my "Plan to Watch" list as well as put a bunch of other anime series "On Hold".

Years
    Now, Gundam. That's kind of a scary thought. ;; Care to fill us in Jordan?
    Gundam has a bunch of universes thanks to multiple spin-offs, but the main one (Universal Century Gundam) follows one timeline and has had many seasons over the past three decades. Thanks to that, a lot of things won't make sense if one watches a random season without watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam or read over a long summary. The main story goes like this, ignoring the OVAs:

Mobile Suit Gundam -> Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam -> Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam -> Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack -> Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn -> Mobile Suit Gundam F91 -> Mobile Suit Victory Gundam

(Note that they didn't air in that order)

As for the alternate universes, there are Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, G Gundam, Gundam 00, After War Gundam X, Turn A Gundam, and SD Gundam Force (a chibi robot thing), none of which relate to each other.

You probably actually didn't want me to fill you in, but I did it anyway. Have a good day.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    MaL has been terrible today. It's usually only a little bad on the manga list for me :/

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo = awesome. I'm so glad this anime hasn't let me down:D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I'm liking Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Star Driver, and Pokemon: Best Wishes! They're all not so bad~

And nice Elfen Lied theme :D I still see Lucy as blond-haired, but that's 'cause of Lucy from FT o3o

Years
    >Click MAL link in Bookmarks toolbar
    >MAL actually loads
    >See "School Days" added as "Plan to Watch"

Why, what are you doing there? :3c

Me on P&SwG:
    Not serious: THIS IS THE BEST SHOW. FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY FLY AWAY.
    Serious: Eh, show's OK. Not as epic as I hoped, but still pretty funny. Props to Gainax for deviating from the usual cookie-cutter anime style.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Speaking of Panty and Stocking, I'm really wondering how Gainax is gonna kill up their budget with this one.

Years
    It took me a long while to get used to TTGL as well, actually. I saw the first episode and put it on hold for two months before picking it back up again. Second time around, that's when I found a real liking for the series and its constant action.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    It took me a long while to get used to TTGL as well, actually. I saw the first episode and put it on hold for two months before picking it back up again. Second time around, that's when I found a real liking for the series and its constant action.

I got used to it after the first episodes. Gurren Lagann is something else, amirite rapmaster? o3o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back