• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The only knowledge I have of Kara no Kyoukai is a commercial I saw in one of my fansubs. I'd watch it solely for those sexy eyes.
    lmao.

Its supposed be part of a 7 part movie, which sounds pretty interesting, on top of that they're ranked highly.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    "Watch Zero! WATCH IT, EMBRACE IT, SEE IT, TASTE IT,...uh...be it? XD" - Comment of the day goes to Char.

Even if the Zero story was bad i don't think i could hate it with the voice cast it has. Rie Kugimiya has to be my favourite voice actress evar.

Years
    The only knowledge I have of Kara no Kyoukai is a commercial I saw in one of my fansubs. I'd watch it solely for those sexy eyes.
    I agree.

Spoiler:

So kawaii desu, emirate?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    "Watch Zero! WATCH IT, EMBRACE IT, SEE IT, TASTE IT,...uh...be it? XD" - Comment of the day goes to Char.

Even if the Zero story was bad i don't think i could hate it with the voice cast it has. Rie Kugimiya has to be my favourite voice actress evar.
    lol XD

I'm not that into the voice actors, mainly because I never pay attention to them :x

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Right, back to anime J/E talk.

Decided not to marathon Strawberry Panic but to get on something from my to watch list. Anything here particularly good?

J-E Discussion

Um, ef. you need to watch ef

Kara no Kyoukai was really really fun. Not only is it Type-Moon, but it's UFOTable producing it, and Yuki Kajiura doing the music, making it even more awesome. The series(movie and book) runs in non-chronological order, chronological being 2,4,3,1,5,6,7.
    and then there's Paradox Spiral (5), which isn't in chronological order within itself XD

Eh, more information on the eyes. Shiki has the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. The eyes allow her to see the death of things, so she can "see death" in the form of lines or dots. Cutting along these lines or piercing the dots will cause non-healable damage (a cut along the line will sever the object cut off, and piercing the dot will instantly kill the existence of the target). The problem is that you're perceiving everything around you as dying, so...sanity isn't exactly a strong point, hence why Tohno Shiki of Tsukihime wears glasses that negate that effect. Ryougi Shiki on the other hand...she has them active 24/7, but she's also not exactly sane, so that's alright, she's awesome regardless XD

Broccoli Books was supposed to release the book officially translated, but the US branch went out of business before they could release it ><

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Of that list, I've only seen (what's been released so far of) Amagami SS and Nogizaka Haruka. I'd say watch both, though ignore the second season of Nogizaka Haruka, as it lacks much of the charm of the first.

In other news, on a whim, I started watching Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo last night. It's one of those "separate story arcs for each girl" shows, and right now I'd say it's "decent."

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    In the end i watched some of the OVA Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi. Bloody, violent, dark, a lot of fan service and very enjoyable indeed. Also to see where the "Desu~" meme originated from i watched a few episodes of Rozen Maiden. It's actually an ok series so far.

Ramzi

Years
    -Lapras, from your plan-to-watch list, I watched only 4 or 5 anime from there, lol. And This Ugly Yet Beautiful World is one of them, and personally, I did not like it. EF ~ tale of memories/melodies were exceptionally great. :D

Anyway, I just watched Star Driver, 3 episodes so far, and it's not bad, little fast-paced though. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Star Driver? Isn't that a Shoujo? Then again I can be wrong.

Watched some Princess Lover! episodes again XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Watched some more Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo, and my opinion from before still stands. Decent series overall, although it seems more based around the guy helping the girls with problems and tasks rather than a lot of romance.

Years
    Star Driver is FABULOUS giant robot action with some kind of high school subplot I can't follow. But dem catchphrases.

APPRIVOISE!
    IT'S A PINCH!
    (ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆ KIRABOSHI!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Eh, I'm not going to watch Star Driver, I'm not into mecha :P

Are you only saying I'll like it because its ecchi? Are you maybe hinting I'm a perv? >:O jk XD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I wouldn't say such a thing :P

And i always used to say that but then i really enjoyed the madness that was TTGL. If there was a mecha out there like that i would give it a go at least.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    After watching Gundam, it made me dislike any mecha anime :/
    I wouldn't say such a thing :P

And i always used to say that but then i really enjoyed the madness that was TTGL. If there was a mecha out there like that i would give it a go at least.
    Never seen TTGL :o

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    First time i started watching TTGL i didn't really like but 2nd try it was pretty special. It was all about the mad characters (design and personality), "LOLWTFJUSTHAPPENED" seizure inducing action and a pretty damn awesome musical score.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back