• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I finished two episodes in Japanese, and because of what Lapras said, I want to watch the rest in English @_@

Well, I guess I'll read some manga in the meantime then :L

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    The dub for Baccano is great, same with the sub

You can't go wrong with either to be honest

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I envy you having the dub and sub version. I want to see how the dub is also, so my curiosity is keeping me from watching it more until I obtain the dub, and we even started at around the same time this morning! orz

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I took a look at both, the original was fine but the dub felt a little more authentic I guess. Didn't know it was by the same guy that did Koi Kaze and Jigoku Shoujo as well as on my laptop ready to watch Natsume Yuujinchou, Kuragehime and DRRR!. Seems Mr Shinkai and Shinbo may have a new competitor in the hunt for the coveted "-lapras-'s favourite director" award.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ohh.

Well, I'm going to watch Arakawa 2 since I begun in in December, but never finished it.

And what's funny is that I'm replaying the opening and my 7 month old nephew is awkwardly dancing to it XD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I think AnoHana is going to have me rage in the coming weeks...
    Spoiler:

Also...C really is to economics as Steins;Gate is to science, liking them both but wow.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I think AnoHana is going to have me rage in the coming weeks...
    Spoiler:

Also...C really is to economics as Steins;Gate is to science, liking them both but wow.
    Drama was weak this episode. Anaru is starting to grow on me. Yukiatsu.. I still hate him.

I want to watch them both~!! D:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Anaru has probably been my favourite character from the off, partially because Haruka Tomatsu but I really liked her character. Yukihatsu is the biggest mess out of the lot of them though, can't stand people who project their own stuff onto other people irl so I can't stand him in this either. My enjoyment of the show will dramatically fall if the words in my previous spoiler come true though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Finished Baccano! yesterday and I thought it was really good, 9/10.

Spoiler:

Now all I need to do is watch the specials. Anybody see HOTD in Bluray?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I watched it well it was airing so it would have just been regular 720p for me. I've heard they dubbed it pretty well so maybe I'll download the bluray version one day, tbh I can't see that happening for a long while mind.

Quick question, would you guys recommend the Claymore series, anime or manga?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Just found out Tomoko Kawakami just died on Thursday ;_;

[Misuzu (AIR), Sayuri (Kanon), Girl from Illusionary World (CLANNAD), as well as other major roles (Utena, Soifon, Amber)]

Currently in a state of depression

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • "Kawakami had been hospitalized since August of 2008 for an unspecified illness"

That's all ANN says but I read somewhere else that it was some form of cancer, possibly just speculation though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Holy crap, now that just got me depressed, like I wasn't feeling bad enough today :(

Also, has anyone seen Seikon no Qwaser?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Isn't that the one where breast milk gives people superpowers? I haven't seen it but it seems genius.
    Yup. I'm running out of anime to watch, and I swore I wouldn't watch this one, but some people said it was good so......yea.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • The latest season has yuri so it might be worth watching.

Spent my afternoon watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, can't say it's living up to it's reputation at all yet, not bad but well, not really good either. Hellacatchy opening song though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Right now I'm revisiting Aoi Hana, which is probably the best-crafted yuri series out there. I'm drawing a blank as to what new anime to watch and the sub of the latest Suite Precure episode is taking forever to be released :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back